Pearl Jam "Dark Matter" CD+BD-A w/ Atmos (4/19/2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going for this, hoping that the music and the mix will be worth it.

I lost Pearl Jam years ago, or they lost me. I have the first few, up to Riot Act, but then stopped buying out of boredom. I still enjoy everything up to No Code, which I think is their best and is a classic album that I'd love to see (hear!) in surround.

I lost Pearl Jam years ago, or they lost me. I have the first few, up to Riot Act, but then stopped buying out of boredom. I still enjoy everything up to No Code, which I think is their best and is a classic album that I'd love to see (hear!) in surround.
No code is also my favorite PJ album, it's available in apple music and tidal for atmos streaming. Still waiting they release bluray atmos version of the album

I made it to Yield, one more album than you.

With that said, Pearl Jam in the '90s were a big part of my musical journey.

It's Pearl Jam, it's a physical release, and it's in ATMOS. so yea I'm in too.

Iā€™m on the train of I liked up to Yield, everything after has been blah to me. I should say loved for Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy. That said I really want those three in physical format so Iā€™m buying the new album mainly in hopes of helping sales for them to consider physical release of those early albums.

I LOVE Ten, Vs., and Vitalogy. No Code is solid. Lost me after that. Won me back again with eponymous from 2006 and the follow-up Backspacer. Those two had me go back and check out Binaural and Riot Act, which i enjoyed! Their 2020 release Gigaton hits pretty hard, too! I'm looking forward to the new one and the possibility of the back catalog in surround . . . on physical media! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

... That said I really want those three in physical format so Iā€™m buying the new album mainly in hopes of helping sales for them to consider physical release of those early albums.
It would be sad (and ill-informed) if the record company was actually using the sales of a new release to determine whether to release surround for iconic albums. They must know the earlier albums will sell like hot cakes. Those first three albums sold 25 million copies in the US alone.

So they don't need my money to convince them to make more money. They know. There's reasons we're not seeing certain surround releases, and it has nothing to do with demand. Buy it because you want it, not because you feel blackmailed into it.

Life in Surround News Video:

Special thanks to @haikubass for his post and for his png image.

Subscribed to the channel instantly, is that your channel? I agree with all what you're saying, apart from the comment on already released atmos stream PJ album. I quite enjoy some track.
I've been PJ fan from 91 šŸ˜Š. In the last one year exploring atmos. Your channel will make me going to immersive rabbit hole. Thanks!

I pre ordered this from the Ten Club without even knowing what the "Deluxe" CD version was. Turns out it's the very first Pearl Jam Atmos mix released on physical media. I bought the CD/Blu Ray and one of the special finish vinyl releases as well. Black Hole effect I think it was called. Sold out within 5 minutes or something.

I won't admit publicly how many times I've listened to the (now) two songs from the upcoming album. It definitely shows my crazy.

I pre ordered this from the Ten Club without even knowing what the "Deluxe" CD version was. Turns out it's the very first Pearl Jam Atmos mix released on physical media. I bought the CD/Blu Ray and one of the special finish vinyl releases as well. Black Hole effect I think it was called. Sold out within 5 minutes or something.

I won't admit publicly how many times I've listened to the (now) two songs from the upcoming album. It definitely shows my crazy.
Haha two PJ Quad here then, I'm sure many others lurking here as well.
I also order the deluxe CD and two vinyl version from 10C, plus the Dark Matter vinyl single which has Dark Matter instrumental version as B-side. I was very aware during order that the deluxe will become the first PJ Bluray atmos on physical media. I think this has been wishlisted for some time by fans.
Hope the sales is good and will trigger PJ to release the rest of their catalog in Bluray, and so does other band.

Back