Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of right now, it's looking like it's gonna be next year before we see this release.
I just don't see how they can get this out by year's end.
I don't see it either. Turkey day is upon us and to spring it on everyone, do the promo, all that before 4 weeks from now? I don't see it.
Also, I don't think Roger is a dummy and knows people are spent with Boxes from a lot of people that are also into him.
Makes more sense to me to do it in January or Feb when the chill really sets in, Pigs Dogs and Sheep look for shelter, and Roger can get all me me me.

The release date has become a moving target that can't be seen. Even with my reliable sources the date keeps changing so who knows? But I'd guess that having this by X-Mas is highly unlikely.

We know they watched alot of Monty Python. Apparently the "How Not To Be Seen" episode really stuck with them...

When I saw PF do the Animals tour in 1977, there were animal sounds coming from all over the place. Dog sounds coming from different speakers unexpectedly to make it scary. Sheep in like a 3D effect coming from all around. Bird chirping sounds. With PF playing and David Gilmour's vocal repeating in the back channels "stone," or that well known effect. Overall, one of the best Quadraphonic mixes I ever heard. And this was at a time when you sort of knew Quad was being abandoned by the music industry. We didn't get "Animals" or Aerosmith's "Draw the Line" with the nice CBS Quadraphonic logo on the top center of the record cover. I did find 2 copies of BOC "Agents of Fortune," and bought one. But that's another story. That title is hopefully still in the CBS vaults. Anyway, sooner or later it sounds like we're going to get "Animals" in 5.1. Can't wait.

Hell of a nice bloke, ol' Dinzy .

I wonder if Gilmour , and Waters could be more like Doug an Dinzy. "They were smashing blokes , Doug and Dinzy "
Geez - I used to SO look forward to Sunday night on PBS....Monty Python. I'd memorize the skits then go to school the next day and act them out for the class.

tumblr_lvet6bmrx41r68xxao1_400.jpg
monty-python-quote-dinsdale-he-was-a-nice-boy-he-nailed-my-head-to-a.jpg

Geez - I used to SO look forward to Sunday night on PBS....Monty Python. I'd memorize the skits then go to school the next day and act them out for the class.

In 1973 we used to congregate in the Under 25 club, where I worked, and watch Monty on a big TV.
And like you, would then memorise and repeat endlessly, to anyone who would listen, the various catchphrases...happy, crazy days.
Know what I mean, nudge nudge...

My sister bought me the big Python box set on DVD for Christmas years ago. I still watch it. (My family treats me better than I deserve, that's fer sure.)

Back