Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds to me like there really isn't enough related material to properly bloat up a box set in the usual way. I vote for a standalone blu-ray. I'd pay extra for an inflatable pig and a sheepskin slipcase though.
MC I totally agree with you there on the inflatable pig but the sheepskin slipcase what an awesome idea!! If you were joking well so be it but what a great idea. The record company should hire you :)

Question being, what would you do with that inflatable pig?:QQlove:unsure::QQlove

Have a pig roast with a bunch of friends who are full of hot air?o_O

pig-roast.jpg

I wanted this release more then the Beatles White Album, hope the wait isn't too much longer.

We can only hope that the "Animals" 5.1 mix is just as good as the White Album's 5.1 mix.
That release really did surprise all of us I think with how good it is, a clear over-the-wall home run from Giles Martin, Sam Okell, and everyone else involved with that release.
"Animals" certainly has the potential to be just as good, but it could also fail to deliver in ways we hope it would, but since we haven't heard it yet, until I hear otherwise, I think it will be awesome!

Here's hoping we get this release within the first half (or quarter) of 2019!

:)

I still have this mental image of a tightly packed inflatable pig with a little string hanging off attached to the CO2 cartridge. Pull the string and BANG!! Full prop sized pig inflating in your lining room! Demolition and dishes breaking sounds and general mayhem. :D

I pulled out the '77 Tour quad recording the other day. Still happy with this. There's genuine discreet stuff from the taped fx. Actual quad panning of some of the soloing preserved. Actual decent sound! Some simply amazing performances. I'm OK with this if we don't get anything better from camp Floyd.

I still have this mental image of a tightly packed inflatable pig with a little string hanging off attached to the CO2 cartridge. Pull the string and BANG!! Full prop sized pig inflating in your lining room! Demolition and dishes breaking sounds and general mayhem. :D

I pulled out the '77 Tour quad recording the other day. Still happy with this. There's genuine discreet stuff from the taped fx. Actual quad panning of some of the soloing preserved. Actual decent sound! Some simply amazing performances. I'm OK with this if we don't get anything better from camp Floyd.
Hi what boot Label is it on? What’s the title. Got a link?

Well we do know from Roger's original interview earlier this year that Aubrey Powell has created some new images for the reissue, so maybe some new videos created around those visuals were made too.
I do have a feeling though that if the 5.1 mix is released on Blu-Ray (and honestly I don't know why it wouldn't be) then we probably won't get any visuals during the actual 5.1 surround mix itself. It will probably just be a black screen or a simple song title card like the other Pink Floyd Blu-Rays.

Maybe no visuals or animations will be included, but you could always "play" this on screen:

It's a screen saver that Pink Floyd had on their website way back in 2001, (at least according to the file creation date on my original file). It's a view of an English field, with soft sounds of sheep and birds somewhere in the distance. And every so often Algie floats by in the background. Keep in mind this is a 32-bit .exe file from the Windows 2000 era, and may not play well with modern O.S.'s It's also not much of a screen saver as Algie is the only thing that moves on the screen ;) .

footnote: Moderators - If'n I dun wrong by putting that thare attachment up, feel free ta correct me, dadgummit!

Attachments

• battersea_pig_I.zip
    555.1 KB · Views: 118
Back