Pink Floyd - Division Bell announcement 5.1 ? Possible release ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you scroll down you can actually experience the real record company response HERE

You are probably not far off there.
It is a very strange business practice though, discontinuing your best selling item to force your customers to buy the poor seller that is filling the warehouse.
Kind of like if McDonald's discontinued the Big Mac in order to move those awful tasting McLean Deluxe abominations. :mad:@:

Just got the dreaded cancellation email....so bummed. I'm typically a pretty mellow dude, but the corporate stupidity behind this whole DVD debacle has just filled me with rage.

It really does seem that the Division Bell DVDs were just intended to be another redundant part of the box set (and therefore the little cardboard sleeves) - but plans were changed and they dumped them through the Pink Floyd Store instead. Probably just a limited number were made and likely no more than the number of the box sets. I hope that someone in the business side observes that there's a solid market for just the surround experience without the bloat and has the sense and power to act on it for future releases.

photo.jpg

Woo hoo! Father's Day here in Australia. A Dad's bag from Darrell Lea (chocolates!), Division Bell and due to a little tardiness, still waiting on the Opeth and Tom Petty Blurays. A fine day just the same

I am listening to Rick Wright's Broken China cd, and what a great surround this could be. All the layered keys and percussion in some of the songs would work very well in an active mix.

It is mixed in Qsound, has some one with a surround master tried to decode this disc? If so, what are the results? Thanks.

Btw, the booklet says: To experience Q Sound position yourself centrally between speakers which must be wired in phase.

Alright, lets hope all people have their speakers connected in phase. :)

I am listening to Rick Wright's Broken China cd, and what a great surround this could be. All the layered keys and percussion in some of the songs would work very well in an active mix.

It is mixed in Qsound, has some one with a surround master tried to decode this disc? If so, what are the results? Thanks.

Btw, the booklet says: To experience Q Sound position yourself centrally between speakers which must be wired in phase.

Alright, lets hope all people have their speakers connected in phase. :)

Fully agree, it's a wonderful record. By the way, do you now there's a DTS upmix circulating around that is really really really good? There are moments I'd swear the mix is discrete!

Stunning remix. Andy Jackson has taken an at best mediocre Floyd album and breathed a whole new life into it. It's an absolute pleasure to listen to now and I'll be keeping an eye out for his work from now on.

Back