Primus - Sailing The Seas Of Cheese to be released in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no Poll for the Dolby DVD yet? I really want to know how the mix is.. anxious to get the Blu Ray
Did you check out the interview link in Post #79. Les Claypool talks about the mix saying it is not the conventional mix 5.1 where the listener is in the middle of the mix. He says it is more of a stereo mix with things jumping out from the rears.

Ugh... just got this from Amazon.ca:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report we won't be able to obtain the following item from your order:

Primus "Sailing the Seas of Cheese"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it's not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to receive, and we apologize for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We must apologize also for the length of time it's taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we'd still hoped to obtain this item for you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

Your order is now closed.

Since it is not out yet, of course they can't get it. :mad:

I just re-ordered the bluray version from wowhd.ca. There is a sale on this weekend:

http://www.wowhd.ca/blu-ray/sailing-the-seas-of-cheese-cd-blu-ray-audio/dp/32706407#bc=42b7

No shipping and no tax (for some reason). I've never used wowhd.ca before, so I hope it works out.

I just got my DVD-A from Amazon today but unfortunately it won't play in my Acura TL. I was afraid of that when I saw Les Claypool talk about the visuals included with the songs which probably means all the files are in the video_ts directory. Same thing with the Queen ANATO DVD I bought which also won't play in my TL. Sucks.

For the rest of us (Blu-ray people), this just came out today. Looks like wherehouse.com and Amazon have it, so I'll check the local FYE. They will probably want $27.99 for it. Hopefully not more than that.

Shipping Now
Track Package
Request cancellation
DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Monday June 24, 2013 - Friday June 28, 2013 by 8:00pm
Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Primus
Includes: (What's this?)
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

I just got my DVD-A from Amazon today but unfortunately it won't play in my Acura TL. I was afraid of that when I saw Les Claypool talk about the visuals included with the songs which probably means all the files are in the video_ts directory. Same thing with the Queen ANATO DVD I bought which also won't play in my TL. Sucks.

Agreed it does suck when you are hoping to just simply put the disk in to the car deck and then it doesn't play.
Not sure how much you have checked different information at this site but most people here are very knowledgeable about the different surround formats.
I sent a question off a month ago to record label asking if the DVD_A was truely a Dvd-A and found out its a DVDV which means video only and DD and DTS for the surrounds, no Dvd Audio layer.
I sure wish the Acura decks would play DVDV disk's but they don't so then you have to find out how to convert the disk to Dvd Audio, again people here do this, I haven't had the time to invest in figuring it out and doing it yet, one day hopefully.
I just got my Acura ILX 6 months ago and love the surround experience in the car and fortunately have many disk's to listen to from collection gathered over past 8 years.

My Blu Ray copy arrived today. First bit of news - this is not 96/24 5.1 Tru HD or LPCM - it is 48/24. Packaging says otherwise but my Oppo 103 and DVD Audio Extractor disagree. I'm sure that this still sounds better than it ever has. First listen reveals a punchy dynamic recording and a mix that is good but not great. I have to say that I am not overly familiar with this record but at first blush, there is for the most part, drums, bass & guitar with "vocal." When the opportunity presents itself, there is a bit of rear channel panning but not overly so. This is neo punk/funk ala Red Chili Peppers fused with a bit of a nod to Discipline era KC. I like it!

My Blu Ray copy arrived today. First bit of news - this is not 96/24 5.1 Tru HD or LPCM - it is 48/24. Packaging says otherwise but my Oppo 103 and DVD Audio Extractor disagree. I'm sure that this still sounds better than it ever has. First listen reveals a punchy dynamic recording and a mix that is good but not great. I have to say that I am not overly familiar with this record but at first blush, there is for the most part, drums, bass & guitar with "vocal." When the opportunity presents itself, there is a bit of rear channel panning but not overly so. This is neo punk/funk ala Red Chili Peppers fused with a bit of a nod to Discipline era KC. I like it!

So it has Dolby TrueHD 5.1 & LPCM 5.1??? Or just TrueHD in 5.1???

I'm curious as I'm not aware of a way to convert TrueHD...

It's TrueHD not TruHD. I've got the disk right here and it has that and LPCM 5.1, and LPCM stereo. All are 24/96.

I was just going by what was printed on the back of the cardboard case.

My player reports that only the stereo version is 96khz, the two surround mixes are 48khz.

Back