Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozzy is another chronic lip syncer.

Geddy Lee? Well, he uses copious vocal samples for faux backup singers (and not even pre-recorded in a rehearsal hall, along with the band live - straight off the record), but you better believe he delivers that lead vocal live. Warbles, yodels, squeaks and all.

At least we now know which one's NOT "Pink".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha.. no, she's the one done up in fishnets (and little else by the looks of it) like a fairground stripper suspended from the roof of the circus tent.. at least she's singing while she's swinging.. more power to Pink's elbow! Roger Waters miming can go hang afaic., its not as if he needs the money, he should stick to warbling on about the middle east while he counts his pennies. On second thoughts.. I promised myself I wouldn't get political on here, so he should probably quit with that too, anything to 'keep the peace' ;)

Ozzy's lip syncing now too? (I haven't followed him since Randy died.) How's that working out? I mean, he screws up the lyrics with a teleprompter! (Something that has never bothered me in the slightest with live Sabbath and solo tour shows in this case.) If anyone would screw up lip syncing, it would be Ozzy. And it would be hilarious! :D

Roger can lip sync all he wants but the glaring omission from those shows was the pissed off snarling vocalizations. It's a featured instrument on that album. I imagine such a thing would send him into a 20 minute coughing fit if he even thought about it now of course. Not sure what the solution is but there it is. Obviously the cigarettes and screaming Careful With That Axe, Eugene have caught up with him.

Sounds like that's Geddy's current situation too. Voice issues I mean - he's clearly NOT lip syncing! You can just hear him doing everything in his power to not push his voice to the cracking point. He's distracted by it the entire performance and it's just painfully awkward.

You mean you don't appreciate a good ventriloquist?...I just don't understand how this guy gets a pass on this stuff...Paul McCartney is older than Roger...Tony Bennett is 17 years older...and neither resort to this approach....Elton is only 4 years younger...there are many older singers that have the same problem with their voice and they adjust to it by adding back up singers or rounding off the notes...and a few(not nearly enough)realize that they can't do it anymore and hang it up

There are times I wish EJ would lip sync... ;)

Haha.. no, she's the one done up in fishnets (and little else by the looks of it) like a fairground stripper suspended from the roof of the circus tent.. at least she's singing while she's swinging.. more power to Pink's elbow! Roger Waters miming can go hang afaic., its not as if he needs the money, he should stick to warbling on about the middle east while he counts his pennies. On second thoughts.. I promised myself I wouldn't get political on here, so he should probably quit with that too, anything to 'keep the peace' ;)

He's still clearly hungry to speak his mind and for the theatrical performance.
Dave still clearly enjoys playing music.

Goddamnit you two!

Ozzy's lip syncing now too? (I haven't followed him since Randy died.) How's that working out? I mean, he screws up the lyrics with a teleprompter! (Something that has never bothered me in the slightest with live Sabbath and solo tour shows in this case.) If anyone would screw up lip syncing, it would be Ozzy. And it would be hilarious! :D

Roger can lip sync all he wants but the glaring omission from those shows was the pissed off snarling vocalizations. It's a featured instrument on that album. I imagine such a thing would send him into a 20 minute coughing fit if he even thought about it now of course. Not sure what the solution is but there it is. Obviously the cigarettes and screaming Careful With That Axe, Eugene have caught up with him.

Sounds like that's Geddy's current situation too. Voice issues I mean - he's clearly NOT lip syncing! You can just hear him doing everything in his power to not push his voice to the cracking point. He's distracted by it the entire performance and it's just painfully awkward.

just what the dr ordered.jpg

Reminds me of the "laddie" who thinks he's a poet.....art imitates life again...Roger take note

[video=youtube;9mS7ly4dP5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mS7ly4dP5o[/video]

The other thing that pissed me off about the show was that all of the videos of Roger (and band members like Robbie Wycoff singing) were pre-filmed as opposed to being live feeds. So Roger's singing wasn't live and neither were the projected video performances (with the exception of the intro to Mother and Outside the Wall) that he was miming to. I think that magician's refer to this as misdirection. I refer to this as bullshit.

Listening to Pros and Cons in YouTube.0

Not liking it. No, no. Just feels like Final Cut rehash with too much screaming, Roger. It has nice moments, but overall it's feel just meh.

This is around the 2nd or 3rd time I've tried to like it, so IDK...

It's funny, every review I read of this on Amazon, no one, not once, even mentioned this is 7.1 (as opposed to 5.1). Hello, it's The Wall in surround, but not just any old 5.1 surround but 7.1. What's not to like about that? Sounds like Rog may know a thing or two about surround ;)

I watched this last night on my 7.1 system (Dolby TrueHD, not atmos) and was completely blown away. Both the video and audio are reference quality (played through my oppo 93), although, I admit, I may be down to a 6.1 or 5.1 system now since I think one (or more lol) of the bombs or explosion effects may have blown out a speaker or 2. lol, just kidding

I liked how Roger interspersed the concert with the quieter journey and I think virtually all the reviews have completely missed the entire point of this film and of The Wall in general.

Everyone needs to give good ole Rog a break. He's 70 something for God's sake. Can't he just do what he pleases instead of what everyone would like from him. H'mm that sounds vaguely familiar, perhaps from, Oh, I don't know, The Wall itself ;)

The bonus disc videos were a very nice addition as well.

Last edited:
Thanks vegas, I ordered it . I want to see how it compares to some of the excellent bootlegs out there.
Saw it twice in 2010, great band, sound and visuals, a memorable concert, one of the best.

It will be interesting to see what he brings to the "oldchella" desert trip show. Blu-Ray please!

Back