Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All,

I am in San Diego tonight and attended the screening with a friend and long-time Floyd tape trader. Well, our experience was a complete bust. After show time came and went with only a Windows 7 task bar at the bottom of our IMAX screen, a self appointed audience member made multiple trips to talk with the management, and he (and not the management) came back to report that the "file was corrupted and she show has been cancelled." We received ticket vouchers for another movie and a refund (minus the service fees for advanced purchase), and we drove home empty headed.

Needless to say, something less than what I had hoped to experience tonight.

Having seen nothing, let me ask those who did go: was there a Q & A session with Roger and Nick, and if so, how was it? Anything interesting?

Yes, the Q&A with Waters and Mason entitled "The Simple Facts" (19 mins according to the event flyer that was placed on every seat) nice to see but nothing special.

Rog flyer.jpg

It doesn't look like we'll be getting a version of this film w/o the doc footage just as I suspected.

Special Features
Digital Copy of Roger Waters The Wall (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
A Visit to Frank Thompson
Time Lapses
Driving
Facebook Films
Comfortably Numb Live at The O2 with Special Appearance by David Gilmour
Outside The Wall Live at The O2 with Special Appearances by David Gilmour & Nick Mason

It doesn't look like we'll be getting a version of this film w/o the doc footage just as I suspected.

Special Features
Digital Copy of Roger Waters The Wall (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
Time Lapses
Driving
Facebook Films
Outside The Wall Live at The O2 with Special Appearances by David Gilmour & Nick Mason

So the O2 footage is really the only reason then to upgrade to the 2 disc version, apart from the fancier packaging (and of course the poster!).

So the O2 footage is really the only reason then to upgrade to the 2 disc version, apart from the fancier packaging (and of course the poster!).
It may be your only reason and if this is the case why not simply settle for the existing online versions?

It may be your only reason and if this is the case why not simply settle for the existing online versions?

The O2 footage is reason enough for me, which will surely be better on the bluray in sound and picture than online versions. But I'm guessing A Visit to Frank Thompson, Time Lapses, Driving and Facebook Films are extra documentaries that I personally can't see myself watching many times.

We did not even get a lousy flyer. Holy cows, we were gypped in every way! Very unimpressive, San Diego.

That's not good, Yeah we got one but you can bet it was scanned from a colour copy (cheapskates hee hee), nice memento I suppose, I'll place it in the Blu-Ray case when it's out.

The O2 footage is reason enough for me, which will surely be better on the bluray in sound and picture than online versions. But I'm guessing A Visit to Frank Thompson, Time Lapses, Driving and Facebook Films are extra documentaries that I personally can't see myself watching many times.

I liked the Facebook films that were posted over the course of the tour, so I'm really glad they are including those as part of this Blu-Ray set.

Special Features
Time Lapses
Driving
Facebook Films

It's kinda cool IMO that a release like this includes an Ultraviolet copy. I'm used to that with newer (and even some older) narrative films, but for something like this? Wasn't expecting it, but it's a nice bonus. :)

Also, if Brain Damage is correct, and the Blu-Ray version listed on amazon is the 2-disc deluxe version similar to the one listed above, then that's definitely the one I'm purchasing, especially since it's only over $20 and could come down more in price from now until release. :)

Seems weird that it's going to be a 2 disc set when with only 90 minutes of extra material you could fit it all onto one Blu-ray disc with the feature.

Maybe, just maybe, all of the special features are part of the bonus stuff that's on the main disc, and the extra BD is the concert only. :mad:@:

I ordered the 2 BD disc set from Amazon UK where they're listing 17 November release date.

I may cancel if the 2nd disc contents are just interviews but Comfortably Numb with Gilmour would make this a must buy set if that's the only way to see Gilmour on the Wall in HD (audio and video).

I ordered the 2 disc set from Amazon.de.
Yesterday I got an E-Mail: Hey, we have goooood News....the release date has changed and the set will be delivered 2016-12-31 :yikes

I ordered the 2 disc set from Amazon.de.
Yesterday I got an E-Mail: Hey, we have goooood News....the release date has changed and the set will be delivered 2016-12-31 :yikes

I've ordered the 2 disc set from Amazon UK, which is still saying 16 November 2015 release, so finger's crossed. I looked on Amazon.de and it does say December 2016 there :confused:! On that site it also says that the bluray is Dolby Digital 2.0, so that's good news anyway :ugham:!!

I happened to go to high school fifteen miles from NYC so I was very lucky to live close and see the wall live on long island in 1980. The greatest concert production ever at that time. Plus I have always loved the wall record...but I will not give one penny of hard earned money to feed Roger's country of Australia sized ego. Call me boys, when a concert only version will be sold.

When The Wall comes out in 5.1 however, I will pay basically anything. That has the potential to be the greatest 5.1 remix ever.

And it sounds like it's on the way according to James Guthrie's recent comments!

I don't wanna be the Debbie Downer here, but do you guys really like the Floyd mixes Guthrie has done so far? I much prefer the quad Parsons DSOTM and the quad Humphries WYWH to the stuff Guthrie has turned out. I wonder if we aren't in for a major let down when we finally do get a 5.1 Guthrie mix of The Wall. Now if Andy Jackson were doing it...:music

Back