Roxy Music -Avalon 40th anniversary Dolby Atmos Mix??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Eagles have their entire catalogue being released on Mo-fi SACD!
Steely Dan have their catalogue released on Analogue Productions SACD!
The Doors whole catalogue on Hybrid Multichannel SACD (Analogue P)!
Roxy Music have announced their entire catalogue on Half-Speed vinyl for their 50th Anniversary celebrations….why not also re-release their catalogue on SACD/Blu-ray 🙏🤞🙏🤞😎

Would make for a great addition to SDE's Surround Series, along with the old 5.1 mix.
I was literally just typing the same thing.
C'mon @PaulatSDE!
A Blu-Ray with the remastered stereo mix, 2003 5.1 mix (from the SACD), and the new Atmos mix.
That would be a major winner of a title!

:)

I was literally just typing the same thing.
C'mon @PaulatSDE!
A Blu-Ray with the remastered stereo mix, 2003 5.1 mix (from the SACD), and the new Atmos mix.
That would be a major winner of a title!

:)
I have the 5.1 SACD mix, and think it so utterly superior to many classic CD's that have been given the 5.1 treatment, that I wouldn't bother with an ATMOS version. If i didn't already have the SACD, I'd order the new version in a heartbeat! One way or another, make sure you own one of them - fantastic!

I would be hoping , that the Atmos of Avalon is the start of something positive , like more albums in surround , by Roxy Music .

Sure would be a treat to have Roxy Music's : For Your Pleasure, Stranded , Country Life , and Siren .
For Your Pleasue - for sure. Would sell my left arm for that! Oh I did, already, for the Pink Floys boxset.....(type with 1 hand)....

I spoke with Clearmountain in Nashville on Wednesday - he said he has finished the Atmos mixes both Avalon and Boys and Girls, and Avalon should be out next month on streaming services.

I asked if there was a physical disc planned, and he said not that he was aware, so I told him about Paul Sinclair ad Super Deluxe Edition and their Atmos BluRay releases and how much we all love them - hoping to get the ball rolling ;-)

Atmos Avalon out next month on streaming services...

File under: Who Cares. I'd much rather listen to my sterling SACD 5.1 Avalon than the (mostly) crappy, fake Amos lossy bitrate versions that are proliferating (read: clogging up) streaming services because no one buys physical discs anymore--even though they are just vastly superior. So sad.

But I.should expect that from the clueless General Public who let SACD & DVD-Audio flounder even though I distinctly remember that even though they sounded a million times better they were the same freaking cost as the regular CDs ($14.99 @ BB)!!

Last edited:
Back