Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they are waiting for the sales of THIS ONE to gain some traction before rolling out another one...of course it's not surround...but I'm going to get it anyway...

I honestly don't think the release of that collection has anything to do with the release of the deluxe editions.
Many times releases like that one will come out in foreign territories and the artist will have no control over it.
Heck they may not even know it exists.
But regardless, it's great that Ferry himself is talking about the upcoming deluxe edition, as it's probably one of the most anticipated releases for me since I started on this crazy hobby about 7 years ago! :)

Its 'Running on Empty' all over again :violin

Except this time with better music (IMHO) and maybe a better surround mix with better fidelity too! :)

Actually a lot of surround mixes are finally coming to fruition in released form that we have been waiting years for, including "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" (with both mixes being completed some years ago), "Tales from Topographic Oceans" (with the remix first begun in 2013), and "Skylarking", where they have been searching for the tapes for the last 3 years only to finally come across them just in time for the album's 30th anniversary.
So this is definitely shaping up to be one of the most exciting years for surround sound that I have ever witnessed! :)

It's great news cause it also means Steven can address the catalogue of ROXY MUSIC classics, if in fact he has not already started down the road to"For Your Pleasure" and "Stranded" and "Country Life" and "Siren" and etc. ALL IN FANTASTIC SURROUND !!:sun

It's great news cause it also means Steven can address the catalogue of ROXY MUSIC classics, if in fact he has not already started down the road to"For Your Pleasure" and "Stranded" and "Country Life" and "Siren" and etc. ALL IN FANTASTIC SURROUND !!:sun

I don't have any inside knowledge on this (so don't ask…) but I do have a strong hunch that Steven has remixed (or is remixing) at least "For Your Pleasure", not only because Phil Manzanera has made mention in the past of preparing to release box sets for the first two albums.
Then my guess is sales along with personal interest and determination from the artist, record label, and SW will determine if more is done after that, but I agree. Steven would definitely be the right guy to remix their first five albums. :)

.. but I do have a strong hunch that Steven has remixed (or is remixing) at least "For Your Pleasure", not only because Phil Manzanera has made mention in the past of preparing to release box sets ...
Last time I asked about "For Your Pleasure", SW answered that he had only done the first one.
At the moment he is writing for his next solo album (due 2017). But there is still hope, also I hope these Box sets are not too big, I just need the surround mix.

Last time I asked about "For Your Pleasure", SW answered that he had only done the first one.
At the moment he is writing for his next solo album (due 2017). But there is still hope, also I hope these Box sets are not too big, I just need the surround mix.

Yes, I know what he said a year ago, but that was a year ago, and even despite what he says publicly, I always keep this specific quote from his Remixes Facebook page in the back of my mind:
Please note that as a rule I can’t talk about projects that I’m involved in (and may even have completed) if they have not been officially announced by the artist and/or record company. And let’s just say that at any given moment there are usually a few of those.
Only reason he's been able to talk about the remix of the first album was because of the release of the 10" single released last year for Record Store Day, so like I said before, it's just a hunch, but I think "For Your Pleasure" has been worked on or is being worked on too. We'll see in time if I'm right! :)

As for the release strategy, I would hope that Steve Hammonds is coordinating this release on behalf of Universal, that way we can see a similar release strategy comparable to the Tears for Fears and Simple Minds releases, which would be DVD-A/V in a box set and a separate HFPA Blu-Ray release. I think no one would complain if that was the case. :)

A quick update!

According to a comment made on his Facebook page, Phil Manzanera (Roxy Music guitarist) is now saying that the Roxy Music box set is scheduled to come out in 2017…

Curious to see how everyone will respond to that news…

A quick update!

According to a comment made on his Facebook page, Phil Manzanera (Roxy Music guitarist) is now saying that the Roxy Music box set is scheduled to come out in 2017…

Curious to see how everyone will respond to that news…

Well, it seems it is at least coming out so I suppose that's good news. Early 2017 or late? Does it matter - waited this long already! And what does he mean by box set - some kind off super-duper deluxe of that first album?

Back