RUSH - Moving Pictures reissue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember that "Hold Your Fire" was the very first DDD Rush release.

Almost. Power Windows (1985) was defintely DDD (labelled as such, also produced by Peter Collins) as I was selling gear and used Grand Design as a dynamic range demo.

Makes me want to check Grace Under Pressure when I get home.

EDIT: My guess is Blu Ray at this stage of the game...

Funny.....yesterday, I was thinking about this on my drive home from work. Indeed, "Power Windows" popped into my head. I'm positive that this is the first Rush album that was DDD with "Hold Your Fire" being the next. (y)

Thanks for the clarification on Moving Pictures being recorded analog. I listen to most of my stereo music from the HDD and it would have been a bit of a chore to go out to the garage and find the actual disc. I'm really looking forward to this - as well as Vapor Trails, which I'm not familiar with. My Rush collection ends with Moving Pictures with the Snakes & Arrows DVI as the lone exception. (I know they reverted back to guitar based music somewhere down the line, but I haven't gone out and bought the newer discs yet)

Posted today on Music Tap

"Alex Lifeson of Rush has let it be known that a 5.1 mix of Moving Pictures (1981) is being readied as well as a 5.1 remix of Vapor Trails (2002). No release dates set for the time being. In addition, the Rush Universal albums are being slated for a remaster/reissue campaign (no word on which precise titles nor a release date). Their last remaster campaign was The 1997 Rush Remasters."

Updated from Music Tap (2/16)

"Previously, we had mentioned the remastering (and remix) of Moving Pictures, the 1981 best-selling Rush album classic, which contains “Tom Sawyer”. The schedule now lists it for April 5 with two available packages including a CD/DVD set, and a CD/BD set."

Updated from Music Tap (2/16)

"Previously, we had mentioned the remastering (and remix) of Moving Pictures, the 1981 best-selling Rush album classic, which contains “Tom Sawyer”. The schedule now lists it for April 5 with two available packages including a CD/DVD set, and a CD/BD set."

That is good news! I would assume that if they are planning to release it in less than two months it is in the can. No ROE syndrome!!

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully one is CD+DVD and the other is CD+BluRay. Little spendy but I am all in.

Maybe the price will even drop, but since they probably wont sell millions of copies they are going to have to charge a little more. When I look at all the DVDAs and SACDs that I bought and never listen to I feel pretty good about spending money on an album that I like as much as this one. I know that many of us here feel the same way.

Here's the track listing from the Japan Amazon site:

Track List
Disc: 1
1. Tom Sawyer
2. Red Barchetta
3. YYZ
4. Limelight
5. The Camera Eye
6. Witch Hunt
7. Vital Signs
Disc: 2
1. Tom Sawyer (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
2. Red Barchetta (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
3. YYZ (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
4. Limelight (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
5. The Camera Eye (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
6. Witch Hunt (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
7. Vital Signs (Audiophile 5.1 Surround and Stereo)
8. Tom Sawyer (Music Video - 5.1 & Stereo)
9. Limelight (Music Video - 5.1 & Stereo)
10. Vital Signs (Music Video - 5.1 & Stereo - Previously Unreleased)

Preorder of the bluray set me back $41, including standard shipping from Canada to USA. Hope amazon.com will also offer it, at a cheaper price, so I can change my order.

I ordered the expensive one, assuming it is the blu-ray + CD. I think the cheaper one is DVD + CD.

When I look at all the DVDAs and SACDs that I bought and never listen to I feel pretty good about spending money on an album that I like as much as this one. I know that many of us here feel the same way.
+1

After the first three dvd-audio titles I bought because I wanted to know what the surround experience was like but which I only listened to maybe only 1 or 2 times because the music was lousy or just not my cup of tea, I made the decision to only buy surround titles with music I actually liked, which unfortunately caused my to-buy list to shrink alarmingly. :(

So having a title in the pipeline that includes music I love by a band I am very familiar with is a great piece of news; plus it's an album & band I can bring up in conversations with non-audio hobbyists - yep I'm still trying to spread the word about surround music :smokin - that I don't have to "explain" like I did with so many other surround titles.

And hopefully that dvd being mentioned contains DTS and Dolby tracks for all those people out there with older dvd-based surround systems who also like Rush.

Hello. Pre-ordered at Amazon.ca via the "CD/BD" link at RUSHISABAND.COM. A bit pricey with the weak dollar, but I want to ensure getting it. Maybe the price will drop like the Petty BD. Also on the Amazon.com "Notify Me" list, along with assuredly many others. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back