RUSH - Moving Pictures reissue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered mine via Best Buy on line, because I do not trust my local Best Buys to get this CD/DVD, CD/Blu-Ray. They didn't get the Billy Joel Blu-Ray, which was an exclusive, and they didn't get the Concert for George Blu-Ray either. Both times, the BB clueless dude gave me the "Well, you can order it on line and pick it up here" speech.

From now on, if it's a BB Exclusive, I'm just ordering it on line and saving the gas.

Pretty bogus how if you buy on-line you get free shipping on the Blu-ray but not the dvd-audio, so you end up having to pay $1.69 for shipping. I'll wait until Tuesday to see if the local stores get them, if not I will have to buy for home delivery.

Pretty bogus how if you buy on-line you get free shipping on the Blu-ray but not the dvd-audio, so you end up having to pay $1.69 for shipping. I'll wait until Tuesday to see if the local stores get them, if not I will have to buy for home delivery.
That's what I plan to do.
I have at least 5 Best Buy stores to choose from.

I'm still in shock that UMG added a DVD-Audio layer to this disc. They have the DVD-V 5.1 which is not that unusual, but for them to include DVD-A and address the use of the disc in the car on the back is major to me. That's quite a 180, if you ask me.

DVD-A still has a slight pulse for commercial releases. btw, Amazon lowered the price for the DVD-A to $17.99

I'm still in shock that UMG added a DVD-Audio layer to this disc. They have the DVD-V 5.1 which is not that unusual, but for them to include DVD-A and address the use of the disc in the car on the back is major to me. That's quite a 180, if you ask me.

From what I've read it seems like it was the band that pushed for this release and they probably are responsible for all the details.

Jon, i think choosing DVDA format the band made right choice. unlike SACD, DVDA much more flexible for consumer market
as it can give more different options for those who has and who don't have DVD Audio player but can use regular one
to access same surround mix, albeit it is in lower resolution.
i hope this reissue will sell's well and there will generate interest for musicians and for label to go further in reissue of the full Rush catalog.
so far as i can see, on amazon canada it keeps very well, by rising from yesterday #32 to #12 among 100 bestsellers in music.
CD+DVDA
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #12 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
#10 in Music > Rock
#4 in Music > Canadian Music > Rock > Classic Rock
#2 in Music > Canadian Music > Rock > Hard Rock & Metal
CD+BD
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #9 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
#1 in Music > Hard Rock & Metal
#9 in Music > Pop
#7 in Music > Rock

DVD-A still has a slight pulse for commercial releases. btw, Amazon lowered the price for the DVD-A to $17.99
amazon.ca went even lower - $14.99
i guess it very much depend on demand. if people buying, retailer can lower the price to sell as much as possible when item is hot.
https://www.amazon.ca/Moving-Pictur...=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1301877112&sr=1-2

Moving Pictures (Deluxe CD + Blu-Ray) - $18.99
http://www.amazon.ca/Moving-Picture...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1301877584&sr=1-1

amazon.com has cut their prices also, same prices as Best Buy now... so if the local Best Buy doesn't get the dvd-audio in I'll order it from amazon.

At any rate, usually the price drops a bit once a title comes out. So those wanting BR should just keep checking.

Heh, buying DVD-A/SACD/BR titles is like watching the stock market go up and down.

I originally ordered the BR disc until I found out that the CD/DVD was going to be a DVDA for sure. I will probably still buy both just to support the formats. Hopefully this is the start of something good... (how many times have I hoped that now??)

I ordered it through my local real music store on Friday....it will be in tomorrow after 1:00 P.M., I'll pick it up and make some human contact and not quibble that I paid $1.79 more than the next guy.
How many of these releases are there per year now? 4 or 5? ....unless you are buying a case of each I don't get the countdown over pennies???
John S.

My CD+DVD-A copy shipped Prime today from Amazon.com. CD+DVD-A remains my favorite "format" so I was thrilled that DVD-A was being supported for this release; it was an easy choice for me over BD.

BTW...I don't see a thread on this, but if you have a Amazon.com Rewards Card, you can get 20% off your CD purchase (yes, includes SACDs/DVD-As) by typing MUSICOFF in the Promotional Code box at checkout. I believe this is ongoing for the next few weeks, or until they change their mind. The catch is you can only get up to $20 off, so spend up to, but no more than $100 to maximize the savings. This is probably a good thing...it keeps me from spending too much ;)

$14.39 for Moving Pictures CD+DVD-A, pretty sweet!
Josh :)

Funny that I received an email today that my Bluray shipped from BestBuy today even though I only ordered it on Friday. No email from Amazon re shipping of the DVD-A that I ordered months ago....

Hello. Just did a "store pick-up" at BB for the DVD-A. Still lists $17.99, but this may be a web only price, which has occurred before, so load up your info before going. Or print out the site page showing price information and ask for them to match. Thanks.

I just got back from BB here in Connectictut and the DVD-A rang up at the register for $17.99, even though the price tag was $29.99. They had a good number of Blu-ray and Dvd's on the new release rack....... steve c

My Illinois BB location had two DVD-A, I bought them (one for a friend). They stocked four of the BD. Will listen tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back