RUSH - Moving Pictures reissue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DVD-A version. Those of us buying the blu-ray from BB should be about a month ahead of amazon. I'd rather buy from amazon, but cheaper and sooner = better.

I just checked with my local Futureshop and they say they have both cd\dvd and cd\bluray in their back room and will available on release day Apr.5th.
They only got in about 3-4 copies of each, so I have a copy being saved for me. So I have cancelled my Amazon.ca order as I would rather listen to this on Tuesday next week than a week later down the road.

peter

I guess I'll be waiting in the parking lot when the store opens at 10AM Tuesday then. I wonder how quickly they'll sell out though. Probably not too quickly, but who knows.

Just between us surround fans:

rushmp1.jpg

rushmp2.jpg

Better start the poll.

I'm kinda shocked at how much I'm enjoying just seeing it.
same here (y)

i'm really pleased to see this release at #23 among musical 100 bestsellers on Amazon.ca
someone can say "DVD Audio is a dead format" but number shows it is yet far from death :banana:

After only one listen it's wonderful. I've always been a big fan of this album, I think that this is the sixth time I've bought a new copy, so maybe I'm biased in favor of this. It still sounds a lot like the original, they didn't mess it up. Still a very dense mix with a lot going on, it still sounds like ten guys playing instead of three. Absolutely fearless use of motion, with sounds switching from front to back and moving around the room. Geddy's voice seems to be coming from another room sometimes. The bass is perfect in some songs, maybe just a bit thin in some others. I still want it to keep playing when it gets to the end. I'll try to say more later. For now, just buy it.

After only one listen it's wonderful. I've always been a big fan of this album, I think that this is the sixth time I've bought a new copy, so maybe I'm biased in favor of this. It still sounds a lot like the original, they didn't mess it up. Still a very dense mix with a lot going on, it still sounds like ten guys playing instead of three. Absolutely fearless use of motion, with sounds switching from front to back and moving around the room. Geddy's voice seems to be coming from another room sometimes. The bass is perfect in some songs, maybe just a bit thin in some others. I still want it to keep playing when it gets to the end. I'll try to say more later. For now, just buy it.

Thanks for the quick review... mine is already in the mail.

Wow! A new DVD-Audio from UMG. Who would have thunk it.

Where are you now, Jimby??? :D

I find it MOST INTERESTING that this is the first DVD-Audio that specifically addresses the Car based DVD-Audio player/consumer. Wow.
That is remarkable. Maybe someone has noticed that there are a LOT of players out there on the highway!

Gee I preordered the dvda version a while back from Amazon, where's mine? I feel left out..... :(

I went with DVD-Audio, as of now it is about $6.50 cheaper than BR at Amazon:

Moving Pictures - Deluxe Edition [CD + DVD-Audio]
http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Pictur...=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1301817171&sr=1-2

Moving Pictures - Deluxe Edition [CD + Blu-ray]
http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Pictur...=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1301817081&sr=1-3

Although I'm open to BR as well if it means more Multi-Channel releases. This is a very clever way to do this, as no one is left out now.

With SAILING TO PHILADELPHIA [DVD-A] for only $11.04 now, I got both for $30.92 with free shipping. Really looking forward to this. I saw RUSH on this tour and bought the record when it first came out.

Let's hope they do the rest of their catalog this way. I already own 2 versions of their CDs and absolutely refuse to buy another without Multi-Channel.

Any info about the engineer who mixed the surround version and remastered for stereo? Can anyone who got that release early, post a 20sec preview of a stereo track? I guess my preorder from amazon.co.uk will take some more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back