SDE Exclusive #14: Trevor Horn

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received this today.
Listening now

First impressions are very favourable.

Although I think the mix is leaning more to a 5.1.4 output but there is slight use of the rears.

He has managed to get a lot of class acts to join him in making this a terrific release.

These are the mixes you get with Trevor's release.
1000004815.jpg

Last edited:
Received this today.
Listening now

First impressions are very favourable.

Although I think the mix is leaning more to a 5.1.4 output but there is slight use of the rears.

He has managed to get a lot of class acts to join him in making this a terrific release.
Is there anything in the heights at all? The streaming version has nothing, unfortunately as it's a good album, but I will not pay premium for a non Atmos album.

Is there anything in the heights at all? The streaming version has nothing, unfortunately as it's a good album, but I will not pay premium for a non Atmos album.
Yes plenty in my heights.
I do have my heights at a higher volume than the mains...maybe that makes a difference...🤷‍♂️
But virtually nothing in the rears.
The instrumentals are gorgeous.
Worth the price for them alone

Last edited:
Yes plenty in my heights.
I do have my heights at a higher volume than the mains...maybe that makes a difference...🤷‍♂️
But virtually nothing in the rears.
The instrumentals are gorgeous.
Worth the price for them alone
Strange that's so big difference between streaming and disc, I have my heights a little higher in volume too, I use streaming to hear if it was worth buying. :rolleyes:

Strange that's so big difference between streaming and disc, I have my heights a little higher in volume too, I use streaming to hear if it was worth buying. :rolleyes:
Perhaps wait and read the verdict from other listeners.

I haven't listened to the full streaming version as wanted it to be new to my ears.

I will later today and get back to you.

Hummm
A conundrum here.
I couldn't hear much from my front heights after double checking everything.

I know you are normally spot on with your Atmos set up, hence is it just my set up?

I've played a couple of other releases and they are utilising all the heights, so all good there.

The rear heights are pumping out just fine.

Maybe I need to recalibrate my set up?

I'll use the tests on Apple.

Everything has been triple checked
All working as advertised.
So that leads me to assume there is an issue with the Atmos playback on Trevor's release.

I'll wait for feedback from other listeners before making a final judgment.

Wow, not good.
That would be a bonafied reason for a reissue if I ever heard one.
I mean nothing at all in heights.
I like the songs, the 5.1, the fidelity, the mix, but I paid for Atmos and this is not.
Weird init as the 5.1 is excellent, as is the instrumental mix.

I've been waiting for other folk to confirm what I dredded.

Need to contact Paul, is my gut reaction.

Back