Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"- Multichannel SACD - Cancelled

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, buried down in the translated description is the following. This is good..... assuming it all happens as advertised:

SACD multi · hybrid board (SACD: 4ch + 2ch / CD: 2 ch)​

=============
Translated:
English follows Japanese (Following Japanese, there is information in English)

Thank you for using Amazon.co.jp.

We will inform you that we have changed the scheduled delivery date because the release date of the following items you have reserved has been changed.
** Simon & Garfunkel "Bridge over Tomorrow (Limited Edition) (Paper Jacket Spec) (SACD HYBRID)"
**** Estimated delivery date: 2017-11-11 - 2017-11-14

** Simon & Garfunkel "Bridge over Tomorrow (Limited Edition) (Paper Jacket Spec) (SACD HYBRID)"

I have pre-ordered (and prepaid) this item, so until the money is returned to my PayPal I am going by the assumption that it is happening.

I don't know what I consider it, but it sounds and looks better than PAGE NOT FOUND, or whatever it said a few days ago.

haha - now CDjapan is back to the "page not found" agenda. WTF? Do they just randomly keep switching what you see when you click your orders? :rolleyes:

Yeah they have my man. For the last 2 weeks, when I click on my order it would say, something to the effect that once it becomes back in stock they will list it on this page. Now it says Page Not Found.

It seems troubled waters are indeed brewing........shall we start referring to this debacle as BRIDGEGATE? :yikes

Yeah they have my man. For the last 2 weeks, when I click on my order it would say, something to the effect that once it becomes back in stock they will list it on this page. Now it says Page Not Found.

Oh....I see...well unless I'm mistaken...didn't it first say the release date was Nov 1st?...or am I mistaken...on my order at cdJapan it has Nov. 8th as the release date now...

Somebody from cdJapan must be watching this thread....I just mentioned that I thought the date was changed on my order from Nov 1st to Nov 8th...well I just received an email from cdJapan and it said..."we have just received an UPDATE from the distributor...the release date has been changed from Nov 1st to Nov 8th".....to me that is good news and explains the removal of the item description:)...it also makes me feel better to know that I didn't just imagine the date change...

Somebody from cdJapan must be watching this thread....I just mentioned that I thought the date was changed on my order from Nov 1st to Nov 8th...well I just received an email from cdJapan and it said..."we have just received an UPDATE from the distributor...the release date has been changed from Nov 1st to Nov 8th".....to me that is good news and explains the removal of the item description:)...it also makes me feel better to know that I didn't just imagine the date change...

I, likewise, just received an email from CDJapan regarding BOTW so at least they're on top of it. As long as the dreaded words 'cancel' don't materialize all is well. As it will probably be delivered by SAL, I should have it by December 1st or so.

I just got the same "delayed" email, so I tell you what. That's a lot better than getting an email that the release was cancelled.

Now we just have to sweat out if the reason for the delay is the REMOVAL of the quadraphonic layer......:(

[Not saying that it is, just a thought. A gloomy thought. An "it would figure", thought]

I just got the same "delayed" email, so I tell you what. That's a lot better than getting an email that the release was cancelled.

Now we just have to sweat out if the reason for the delay is they want the best version of the quadraphonic layer......:(

That's what I thought you meant Jon:)...I know you wouldn't want to jinx this title...I feel the force is strong with this one and it WILL be delivered as promised:woopie

Dude!!! I just received same email. I agree, that sounds like positive news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we just have to sweat out if the reason for the delay is the REMOVAL of the quadraphonic layer.

Or a delay at the pressing plant. Or work is still ongoing on the SACD transfer, mastering or authoring. Or work on the album packaging and materials.
Many possibilities.

Or they're all 'fretting' over whether to include the original foil cover which appeared on the original Japanese SQ disc.

That's happened before.

I remember a Surround Sound disc release years ago that was delayed for months and months while the artist withheld final release approval until the reissue packaging was upgraded to match the special CD edition packaging.
It will no doubt happen again in the future. :)

Just getting this over the finish line (and into my mailbox) will be a huge relief.

That's why Audio Fidelity and some of the other reissue labels are now waiting until almost the release date to announce SACD reissues.
Saves all of the back and forth on projected release dates, delays, etc. from the listeners. :)

Back