Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) Atmos Mix Coming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabl

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
https://www.loudersound.com/news/steven-wilson-discusses-possible-storm-corrosion-ii...
In a new interview in the latest issue of Prog Magazine, Wilson mentioned that he is currently working on a new remix of the album, which celebrates its tenth anniversary next year which will be celebrated with a new reissue.

"I love that record," says Wilson of the side-project with Opeth's Mikael Akerfledt. That was another record that created a lot of controversy. I’m so proud of that record. Part of the reason we’re both proud of it is it was the last thing anyone expected us to do

"It’s perfect for 5.1 because there’s no drums. I’ve just done an Atmos mix of the album, because that’s an album that’s going to be ten years old next year as well. We did a great version of Drag Ropes at one of Albert Hall shows which we mixed.

I remember reading he said he was remixing everything he had ever done in Atmos, and he does not care who doesn't like it!
I wouldn't mind hearing some older PT stuff like Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun redone. Those were some of his first surround mixes and it would be good to hear how he could improve on them, sort of like what he did with In the Court of the Crimson King (which unfortunately missed the cutoff for an Atmos mix by about a year or so).

I wouldn't mind hearing some older PT stuff like Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun redone. Those were some of his first surround mixes and it would be good to hear how he could improve on them, sort of like what he did with In the Court of the Crimson King (which unfortunately missed the cutoff for an Atmos mix by about a year or so).

What do you mean? There is an Atmos mix of In the Court

This new Atmos reissue should include 5.1 as well right? I still have yet to add the original release to my collection so I might just wait for this even though I don’t have Atmos

This new Atmos reissue should include 5.1 as well right? I still have yet to add the original release to my collection so I might just wait for this even though I don’t have Atmos
It may even be a brand-new 5.1 mix (as was done for the King Crimson debut album reissue with Atmos), though I can't see how he'd better the existing one. "Ljudet Innan" is a religious experience in surround sound.

Back