Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think any 5.1 Roxy Music or Bryan Ferry mixes exist that weren't released but the ones that exist (on SACD, notably Avalon and Boys & Girls) are great and the others could be made. Looking forward to any, and especially to 'Bête Noire'.

You would be surprised. I know there are definitely some surround remixes done by Steven Wilson that have yet to see the light of day (and it might stay that way unfortunately...) :(

I don't think any 5.1 Roxy Music or Bryan Ferry mixes exist that weren't released but the ones that exist (on SACD, notably Avalon and Boys & Girls) are great and the others could be made. Looking forward to any, and especially to 'Bête Noire'.

Pretty sure SW mentioned one time in an interview he had remixed Roxy Music's first album into 5.1 a few years ago. I guess it got caught up in release limbo hell.

OK, people really need to learn when to use the word REMIXING as opposed to REMASTERING.
What Steven Wilson does is REMIXING, and most of his recent mixes do not even have any mastering on them at all!

There's a fundamental difference between the two processes, and I mostly blame the labels for the confusion that people have when mixing up the two terms. They are the ones that have used the term REMASTERING to death when pushing crappy reissues of the same CDs over and over again.

Pardon my ignorance. I thought remastering without remixing was possible, but the other way round not. When you recompose the music from the multi-track originals, necessarily you have to apply some form of mastering, I would think. Oh well, apparently not. I thought Steven Wilson did both in the same process, but I did not want to use both terms so I left out the one I thought was most obvious. Anway, SORRY.

Pardon my ignorance. I thought remastering without remixing was possible, but the other way round not. When you recompose the music from the multi-track originals, necessarily you have to apply some form of mastering, I would think. Oh well, apparently not. I thought Steven Wilson did both in the same process, but I did not want to use both terms so I left out the one I thought was most obvious. Anway, SORRY.

Remastering without remixing is possible, but that's not what he does.
It's a very common mistake so you're forgiven. :)

Not disappointed, but Steven Wilson remastering The Seeds Of Love in 5.1 would make my year. Heck, the title track alone would be worth it. Utter brilliance.

Dissapointed in the way that some weeks ago I bought the japanese pricy SHM-SACD version of it, so in my collection TSOL would fit perfect, not only because it's my fave TFF album but because everything Steven Wilson touches becomes gold :eek:

Snood starting to buy from BullMoose a lot - just cancelled 4 orders on Amazon even with Prime..........reordered on Bullmoose saved like 15 to 17 bux

Snood gets charged taxes on Amazon now since they opened a warehouse in Florida........laws :howl

Also they do not charge card til it goes out

but..........kinda confused on thought this, thought this was a sure thing on 5.1 bluray now it's a maybe?? :mad:@:

Oh forgot to mention free shipping on Bullmoose if order is 25 bux or over..............and no Snood no worky for Bull........in fact only ordered like 4 times from them , but they been great

Snoodie, bootie, tootie?! You can always order from another vendor via Amazon that doesn't charge sales taaaaax. Plus, there are some on there that sell through the Amazon warehouse(s) if you want to get PRIME. Okayzee, wayzee?! :)

That and do they really test anything anyway? Recently made dvd-audio releases don't play on my machine at all.

sign me up to be a beta tester, have 3 different players for DVD-a , 2 different players for sacd and 3 different blu-ray players. Oh and we get paid also ?

It's Official!!!

http://tearsforfears.com/

Album Formats:

6-Disc Super Deluxe Edition Box set – features 4-CD & 2-DVD with 30 page replica tour programme and 32 page booklet
2-CD Deluxe Edition
1-CD Re-master
1-LP – 180 gram Heavyweight
Pure Audio Blu-Ray Edition

Tracklisting:

DISC ONE

01. SHOUT : 6:31

02. THE WORKING HOUR : 6:29

03. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD : 4:09

04. MOTHERS TALK : 5:04

05. I BELIEVE : 4:54

06. BROKEN : 2:38

07. HEAD OVER HEELS : 5:02

08. LISTEN : 6:54

09. THE BIG CHAIR : 3:20

10. EMPIRE BUILDING : 2:41

11. THE MARAUDERS : 4:13

12. BROKEN REVISITED : 5:15

13. THE CONFLICT : 4:02

14. THE WORKING HOUR – Piano Version : 2:08

15. PHARAOHS : 03:42

16. WHEN IN LOVE WITH A BLIND MAN : 2:22

17. SEA SONG : 3:51

DISC TWO – Edited Songs From The Big Chair

01. THE WAY YOU ARE : 4:49

02. MOTHERS TALK – Single Version : 3:53

03. SHOUT – Single Version : 5:58

04. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD – Single Version : 4:14

05. HEAD OVER HEELS – Remix : 4:15

06. I BELIEVE (A Soulful Re-Recording) : 4:39

07. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RUN THE WORLD : 4:30

08. THE WAY YOU ARE – Short Version : 4:21

09. MOTHERS TALK – U.S. Remix : 4:14

10. SHOUT – U.S. Single Version : 4:51

11. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RUN THE WORLD – Running Version : 4:30

12. HEAD OVER HEELS – Radio Version : 4.20

13. MOTHERS TALK – Video Version : 4:14

14. SHOUT – Short Version : 4:03

15. LISTEN – Clean Intro : 4:03

15. INTERVIEW WITH CURT & ROLAND : 7:35

_

DISC THREE – Remixed Songs From The Big Chair

01. THE WAY YOU ARE – Extended Version : 7:37

02. MOTHERS TALK – Extended Version : 6:18

03. SHOUT – Extended Remix Version : 7:40

04. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD – Extended Version : 5:40

05. BROKEN / HEAD OVER HEELS / BROKEN – Preacher Mix : 8:00

06. MOTHERS TALK – Beat Of The Drum Mix : 8:54

07. SHOUT – U.S. Remix : 8:02

08. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD – Urban Mix : 6:06

09. MOTHERS TALK – U.S. Remix alternate : 4:12

10. SHOUT – Dub : 6:49

11. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD – Instrumental : 4:21

12. SHOUT – Acappella : 5:02

DISC FOUR – Unreleased Songs From The Big Chair

01. HEAD OVER HEELS : 4:14 Richard Skinner Session

02. THE WORKING HOUR : 6:06 Richard Skinner Session

03. BROKEN : 3:19 Richard Skinner Session

04. MOTHERS TALK : 4:05 Live At Massey Hall

05. BROKEN / HEAD OVER HEELS : 5:01 Live At Massey Hall

06. MEMORIES FADE : 6:50 Live At Massey Hall

07. THE WORKING HOUR : 7:31 Live At Massey Hall

08. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD : 4:19 Live At Massey Hall

09. SHOUT : 7:50 Live At Massey Hall

10. MOTHERS TALK – Early Mix / Instrumental : 4:39

11. THE WAY YOU ARE – Early Mix : 4:25

12. BROKEN – Early Mix : 5:38

13. SHOUT – Early Mix : 5:08

14. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD – Alternate Single Version : 4.20

DISC FIVE (DVD-A)

5.1 and Stereo mix

SHOUT : 6:32

THE WORKING HOUR : 6:31

EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD : 4:11

MOTHERS TALK : 5:10

I BELIEVE : 4:54

BROKEN : 2:38

HEAD OVER HEELS : 5:20

LISTEN : 6:49

DISC SIX (DVD-V)

01. SCENES FROM THE BIG CHAIR – Documentary : 1:14:43

02. INTERVIEW WITH PRODUCER CHRIS HUGHES : 35:00

03. THE WAY YOU ARE – Music Video : 3:57

04. MOTHERS TALK – Alternative UK Video : 4:00

05..MOTHERS TALK – Music Video : 4.49

06. SHOUT – Music Video : 6:31

07. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD – Music Video : 4:52

08. HEAD OVER HEELS – Music Video : 4:26

09. I BELIEVE – Music Video : 4:45

10. MOTHERS TALK – US Mix – Music Video : 4:52

11. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RUN THE WORLD -

Music Video : 4:52

03. THE WAY YOU ARE : 4:11 Top Of The Pops

04. MOTHERS TALK : 3:48 Top Of The Pops

05. MOTHERS TALK : 3:51 Top Of The Pops

06. SHOUT : 4:20 Top Of The Pops

07. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD : 4:08 Wogan

08. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD : 3.35 Top Of The Pops

09. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD : 3.45 Top Of The Pops

10. THE WORKING HOUR : 4:28 Wogan

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...ssive-songs-from-the-big-chair-box-set-coming

Paul Sinclair, once again behind the curation. Some details here about the 5.1 too...

This article actually clears things up...according to this the blu ray WILL contain the 5.1 mix:woopie:wave

The other article you posted had a confusing description...let's just hope this description of the blu ray is correct...I'm stoked if this is true...the significant thing about the surround being included in the blu ray goes beyond the more reasonable price...it's an indication that blu ray audio is making a HUGE step forward...having a Steven Wilson mix on this format gives it much more credibility....

I've ordered the deluxe box anyway.
For 32£ I think it is a great set. :)

Actually the super deluxe box set is a good value for someone that wants more content..if I was a huge fan I'd buy that version..in my case I just want the music...I almost purchased the SHM-SACD a couple of months ago...I really wanted this album...the price you mentioned is very low compared to the price on amazon US which is $84.98(for some reason I couldn't post that link)...

This is what Steven Wilson has to say...

Following the announcement of the next Yes (official) and XTC remixed reissues, 2 more of my classic album remixes have been confirmed for release in November (a pretty expensive time if you like all these albums!)

My remix of Tears for Fears' iconic 80’s album “Songs From the Big Chair” is included on a 30th anniversary reissue, to be released by Universal Music Group on 4th November.

Songs from the Big Chair was one of the biggest albums of the 80’s, and particularly successful in the USA where it reached number one in the Billboard chart on its way to selling several million copies. It features two US number one singles, Shout and Everybody Wants to Rule the World, as well as 2 more hit singles Head Over Heels and Mother’s Talk.

It’s a brilliant record by a truly innovative 80’s band - both accessible and ambitious. The reissue will be available in several different formats including a stand-alone Blu-Ray and a comprehensive 6 disc deluxe edition with live tracks, singles, B-sides, TV/radio appearances, remixes, videos, and the original mix.

There will also be a vinyl edition of my new stereo mix. The new stereo and 5.1 mixes were overseen and approved by Roland Orzabal (and are included as flat transfers with no mastering). More details and track listing are available on Superdeluxeedition: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...sive-songs-from-the-big-chair-box-set-coming/

The other release he refers to is Jethro Tull's War Child, but I snipped that out as it wasn't relevant to this thread :)

I'll bite if there is a single-disc blu-ray that includes the new 5.1 mix, but if not, I'm going to pass. I'm a much bigger fan of The Hurting :)

I'll bite if there is a single-disc blu-ray that includes the new 5.1 mix, but if not, I'm going to pass. I'm a much bigger fan of The Hurting :)

The standalone HFPA Blu Ray featuring Steven Wilson's new stereo and 5.1 mixes is confirmed. I've seen elsewhere that it might also include the original stereo mix, but don't quote me on that. Paul Sinclair at SDE has also intimated that it will be 96/24, as will the DVD-A.

Back