Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I listen to "Listen", the more I hear its truest possibilities in surround, and I'm sure it won't disappoint! :)

I am really impressed with Universal for putting out multiple release options for this title. Oh how we "suffered" when Aqualung was released. That was an EMI release and of course EMI was bought by Universal. Do you think maybe...that Universal would release the Aqualung blu-ray? O where the mind will wander.

The standalone HFPA Blu Ray featuring Steven Wilson's new stereo and 5.1 mixes is confirmed. I've seen elsewhere that it might also include the original stereo mix, but don't quote me on that. Paul Sinclair at SDE has also intimated that it will be 96/24, as will the DVD-A.
Paul Sinclair says this in his blog entry

A standalone Pure Audio blu-ray audio is also being released that includes the 5.1 and stereo mixes in hi-res as well as the original album mix.
Great to see Paul working on this. As he is a fan of 5.1 himself, it may have helped to get a surround mix being made.

The standalone HFPA Blu Ray featuring Steven Wilson's new stereo and 5.1 mixes is confirmed. I've seen elsewhere that it might also include the original stereo mix, but don't quote me on that. Paul Sinclair at SDE has also intimated that it will be 96/24, as will the DVD-A.
Paul Sinclair says this in his blog entry

A standalone Pure Audio blu-ray audio is also being released that includes the 5.1 and stereo mixes in hi-res as well as the original album mix.
Great to see Paul working on this. As he is a fan of 5.1 himself, it may have helped to get a surround mix being made.

image.jpg

This is also an opportunity for the act: to see a key portion of their work presented in archival fashion that screams *important*...which, given so much of the crap we heard in the '80s, makes TFF a wonderful choice for 5.1 remixing.

I haven't gone through everything involving this release, however. Are the single versions/edits/videos to be in 5.1 too, as with the Talking Heads?

ED :)

Album Formats:

6-Disc Super Deluxe Edition Box set – features 4-CD & 2-DVD with 30 page replica tour programme and 32 page booklet
2-CD Deluxe Edition
1-CD Re-master
1-LP – 180 gram Heavyweight
Pure Audio Blu-Ray Edition
Ah, Ok. Thanks. But no stand-alone DVD-Audio release or, what would be more obvious, a CD+DVD-Audio release then?
Or would that be the 2-disc edition?

Here's hoping :)
Thanks

This is like the perfect storm... an iconic 80's release (and brilliant album to boot) remixed in stereo and surround by one of my favourite contemporary artists, who just happens to be a wonderful custodian of mix integrity and quality. SW's record speaks for itself. I for one cannot wait to throw the stand alone BD in and play it from start to finish as loud as possible. Bring it on.

This is like the perfect storm... an iconic 80's release (and brilliant album to boot) remixed in stereo and surround by one of my favourite contemporary artists, who just happens to be a wonderful custodian of mix integrity and quality. SW's record speaks for itself. I for one cannot wait to throw the stand alone BD in and play it from start to finish as loud as possible. Bring it on.

i agree 110%. and since steve has a history of working through an artists catalog (yes, king crimson, xtc) i can only hope that the seeds of love is coming in 5.1 also.

i agree 110%. and since steve has a history of working through an artists catalog (yes, king crimson, xtc) i can only hope that the seeds of love is coming in 5.1 also.

Agree 110%. :D Love 'Seeds', especially 'Woman in Chains' and 'Year of the Knife', so excited by the possibility but staying grounded at the moment with fingers firmly crossed. SW knows who he likes, and I'm just glad that I like many of the same artists. It's an exciting time for surround.

Well. we still have the #1 UK iconic album to be revealed that Steven mixed, so the excitement builds.

Ah, Ok. Thanks. But no stand-alone DVD-Audio release or, what would be more obvious, a CD+DVD-Audio release then?
Or would that be the 2-disc edition?

Totally agree, I know this is a bluray thread but I would have been all over a cd\dvda release as I still prefer dvda's due to can play in all players I have and most importantly can play in the car, my now go to place for surround. I don't have a proper pc setup to do conversions otherwise the bluray is a amazing option,lossless and coming in at a good price. I am happy for the bluray fan's that they are doing a stand alone in surround for this release.
The box is priced higher than I would like as I mostly just want the DVDA but it might be interesting checking out all the extra goodies in box but I know myself after checking the write ups inside and listening to extra tracks the majority of my listening time is going to be spent on the 5.1 so that will be the dvda, maybe I will try selling the box minus the dvda some day, not sure if there will be interest for that by someone.
Now I am dreaming with this request but if companies ever did a dvda\bluray package I would be all over that as I don't listen to the cd's in the cd\dvda and cd\bluray packages, the cd is wasted plastic if the dvda or bluray have lossless 5.1 and lossless stereo.

peter

Great year for surround!!!! Poor for my wallet.....anyway.....all the preorders in place and just eagerly waiting for november 10 or an earlier date.....i hope the other Steve Wilson remix is announced briefly...

PAUL SINCLAIR confirmed that next in these series is seeds of love.......check the comments in superdeluxedition.com
Agree 110%. :D Love 'Seeds', especially 'Woman in Chains' and 'Year of the Knife', so excited by the possibility but staying grounded at the moment with fingers firmly crossed. SW knows who he likes, and I'm just glad that I like many of the same artists. It's an exciting time for surround.

Back