The Band - Music From Big Pink (50th Anniversary CD/Blu-Ray/2LP/7" Deluxe Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy of PINK arrived via FED EX today from Walley World in perfect minty condition. First and foremost: it's an EXQUISITE package.......From the gravure like 'mug' shots of the band upon opening it to the heavy cardboard enclosures for the 45 rpm single/RBCD and BD~A and packets of photos to what I'm sure will be THE highlight for Vinyl lovers: 2 180 gram LPs at 45 rpm.

Upon first listening .....warm and wonderful and tastefully discrete. Further 'critical' listening and comparison to my existing DVD~A will follow.

Am I glad I bought it: YOU BETCHA!

Last edited:
My copy of PINK arrived via FED EX today from Wallyworld in perfect minty condition. First and foremost: it's an EXQUISITE package.......From the gravure like 'mug' shots of the band upon opening it to the heavy cardboard enclosures for the 45 rpm single/RBCD and BD~A and packets of photos to what I'm sure will be THE highlight for Vinyl lovers: 2 180 gram LPs at 45 rpm.

Upon first listening .....warm and wonderful and tastefully discrete. Further 'critical' listening and comparison to my existing DVD~A will follow.

Am I glad I bought it: YES!
Excellent, you lucked out!! What a nice Friday surprise...

My copy of PINK arrived via FED EX today from Wallyworld in perfect minty condition. First and foremost: it's an EXQUISITE package.......From the gravure like 'mug' shots of the band upon opening it to the heavy cardboard enclosures for the 45 rpm single/RBCD and BD~A and packets of photos to what I'm sure will be THE highlight for Vinyl lovers: 2 180 gram LPs at 45 rpm.

Am I glad I bought it: YES!
Alright, I may be a little slow here but what the heck is"Wallyworld" I've seen it mentioned a couple times in this thread and not sure what you guys are referring to.

Alright, I may be a little slow here but what the heck is"Wallyworld" I've seen it mentioned a couple times in this thread and not sure what you guys are referring to.

Wal-Mart;...since you are from Philly...a few that pertain to you....you don't say you are going to the beach...it's the "shore"....it's not a glass of "water"...it's a glass of "wooder"...it's not a sub it's a hoagie:D

Last edited:

Walley World was actually the fictitious amusement park in National Lampoon's Vacation movies with Chevy Chase, John Candy, etc:

Walley-World-57bb63bf5f9b58cdfd32c7f0.jpg

Last edited:
Wal-Mart;...since you are from Philly...a few that pertain to you....you don't say you are going to the beach...it's the "shore"....it's not a glass of "water"...it's a glass of "wooder"...it's not a sub it's a hoagie:D

In these parts...

a carbonated beverage is called a "pop" not a "soda"
Its usually called a "sub" here and seldom a "hoagie". We have Subway for lunch. Hoagieway just doesn't have that great a ring to it
chicken wings are just known as "wings", never "Buffalo wings". People would look at you funny for asking for "Buffalo wings". As they would if you asked for anything other than blue cheese dressing to dip them in. (I'm talking to you Mr Ranch dressing person).

Wal-Mart = Wally World
any grocery store where you have to bag your stuff yourself = a "bag n' drag". Here we have to differentiate the Aldi bag n' drag from the Save-A-Lot bag n' drag to be precise.

McDonalds= Micky D's
Taco Bell = Toxic Hell

My personal favorite is a coffee and donut chain we have here called Tim Horton's. Tim Horton is actually a deceased Canadian Hockey Player. That apparently made him a donut connoisseur somehow.

They are known lovingly as "Timmy Hoe's"

Last edited:
In these parts...

a carbonated beverage is called a "pop" not a "soda"
Its usually called a "sub" here and seldom a "hoagie". We have Subway for lunch. Hoagieway just doesn't have that great a ring to it
chicken wings are just known as "wings", never "Buffalo wings". People would look at you funny for asking for "Buffalo wings". As they would if you asked for anything other than blue cheese dressing to dip them in. (I'm talking to you Mr Ranch dressing person).

Wal-Mart = Wally World
any grocery store where you have to bag your stuff yourself = a "bag n' drag". Here we have to differentiate the Aldi bag n' drag from the Save-A-Lot bag n' drag to be precise.

McDonalds= Micky D's
Taco Bell = Toxic Hell

My personal favorite is a coffee and donut chain we have here called Tim Horton's. Tim Horton is actually a deceased Canadian Hockey Player. That apparently made him a donut connoisseur somehow.

They are known lovingly as "Timmy Hoe's"

One here in Florida Is the "Mouse House"...which is Disney World....it probably should be Snoodworld(y)..to honor Orlando's favorite sono_O

Back