'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see amazon has changed my arrival time...it's still tomorrow...BUT....now it's by 11pm:eek:...at least this time they have the stock to ship....as it's on it's way...but that means it's not the Postal Service...even though right now it's lists USPS as the carrier...this will be one of those amazon contract delivery companies:cautious:...and I've had problems with them in the past...I live in a gated community(no guard)and you need a code to enter and although they have my phone number...they never attempt to contact me so I can buzz them in...but c'mon...11pm on a Friday night...oh boy....this could be interesting:unsure:

I see amazon has changed my arrival time...it's still tomorrow...BUT....now it's by 11pm:eek:...at least this time they have the stock to ship....as it's on it's way...but that means it's not the Postal Service...even though right now it's lists USPS as the carrier...this will be one of those amazon contract delivery companies:cautious:...and I've had problems with them in the past...I live in a gated community(no guard)and you need a code to enter and although they have my phone number...they never attempt to contact me so I can buzz them in...but c'mon...11pm on a Friday night...oh boy....this could be interesting:unsure:
Just saw this morning that mine was coming via USPS and it sucks big time. I've only ever had issues with USPS packages. They lose them, they don't leave them by the door like UPS or Fedex, sometimes they just don't feel like ringing the doorbell. With the contract carriers I've had some issues, but they always call me at least. I'm just going to stay home tomorrow and maybe even sit and wait downstairs around the time mail usually gets delivered. I will not wait any longer to have this in my hands if I have to chase them down the streets.

Just saw this morning that mine was coming via USPS and it sucks big time. I've only ever had issues with USPS packages. They lose them, they don't leave them by the door like UPS or Fedex, sometimes they just don't feel like ringing the doorbell. With the contract carriers I've had some issues, but they always call me at least. I'm just going to stay home tomorrow and maybe even sit and wait downstairs around the time mail usually gets delivered. I will not wait any longer to have this in my hands if I have to chase them down the streets.

I'm curious...if this was an amazon purchase...what time were you given?...

I learned this dealing with live reptiles and shipping. When getting something safely and fast, I have it held for pick up at the hub. That way I do not have to wait for delivery. I can be there as soon as they open and the package is there waiting. It also thwarts porch pirates who steal packages on the doorstep.

It does say by 11pm. But on the USPS website it says it's on its way to USPS now. I usually get these between 1 and 2pm... We'll see. It's the White Album and Hendrix in this package.

In my area the USPS takes it part of the way and then these amazon sub contractors actually deliver it...there is an amazon warehouse in my area..

I learned this dealing with live reptiles and shipping. When getting something safely and fast, I have it held for pick up at the hub. That way I do not have to wait for delivery. I can be there as soon as they open and the package is there waiting. It also thwarts porch pirates who steal packages on the doorstep.
It also means waiting another day. Not happening :)
Live reptiles?!

Would that be King Crimsons Lizard? Plenty of varying scales in that one...:whistle:

It also means waiting another day. Not happening :)
Live reptiles?!
It means getting it first thing in the morning. Not having to wait for delivery.
Yes live here is an example of actual reptiles shortly after delivery. These are Uracentron azureum..
UA7 (2).jpg

All these delivery services are only as good as their workforce...I would imagine in your area it's not an attractive job and there is probably a lot of turnover or they can't be very selective with their hires because the pool of candidates isn't that great...

We all have it real good. My mom told me that when Sgt. Pepper came out she had to wait months. She was living in Jerusalem, and the only way to hear it was on a Palestinian radio station that was playing the album in a loop the week it was released. My grandfather didn't approve of her listening to rock music, and certainly not on a Palestinian radio station, so she had to sneak out of the house and school with a transistor radio that wouldn't last long, and listen to it in parts. It was months more before she actually had the album. It's all kinds of cool that I get to wait for a Beatles album release like this too :)

More drama...geeze...how much can one human being endure:unsure:
Oh, I could write a book about all the drama leading up to this weekend....just now my wife asked me to go get cash for the day activities......I had to drive to 3 different ATM's before finding one that was in service. (yes, Gibson City has 3 ATM's....) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back