'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An early review I saw today: https://audiophilereview.com/audiop...rt-one-the-blu-ray-51-surround-sound-mix.html

Like dancing about architecture I suppose, but there are some tidbits in there. I still haven't pre-ordered it, I guess I'm waiting until a QQer reviews it :)

Ian, thanks for this link as it did sound very promising as I read the review for Sgt Peppers from same reviewer and reviewer said that was a very conservative mix and for White Album he has comments that refer to more immersive,his word(even wider-screen) mixing was done.

Last edited:
An early review I saw today: https://audiophilereview.com/audiop...rt-one-the-blu-ray-51-surround-sound-mix.html

Like dancing about architecture I suppose, but there are some tidbits in there. I still haven't pre-ordered it, I guess I'm waiting until a QQer reviews it :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Many thanks popshop for this, a fascinating read and review.

I'm so hoping that Giles has taken on board the constructive comments about his treatment of 'Pepper' and turned them into a positive experience in reproducing this Beatles gem. :unsure:

That review gets me totally psyched up. Naturally I don't expect "Imagine" studio out-take quality, but just going by his description sounds enough to get me anxious to listen to this album again.

Two weeks!

I looked up a thread here at QQ and the reviews of the 5.1 mix were really underwhelming (these were for a 2012 Blu-ray)... was there another release after that?

It is a very underwhelming mix IMHO. The "Sgt Pepper" 5.1 mix is plenty good compared to the "Magical Mystery Tour" Blu-Ray and no there's only one Blu-Ray release of it.

I have a question, will Magical Mystery Tour just get skipped over? I played drums in front of my family, Christmas to Strawberry Fields, I have fond memories of MMT.

Magic Mystery Tour was something that they never really figured out what to do with it...there was a UK version with only 6 songs and a different US version...it was basically a soundtrack for a movie...this is an interesting read

Magic Mystery Tour was something that they never really figured out what to do with it...there was a UK version with only 6 songs and a different US version...it was basically a soundtrack for a movie...this is an interesting read

You are so smart. I am doing George Thorogurd, one shot, one beer. Actually listening to John Lee Hooker at moment.

I finally got my order in on Sunday, about $140 for everything shipped from Amazon. Still keeping an eye on prices should they change.

It is great that the Beatles are willing to release new mixes in Surround, especially this iconic recording. This box seems to have everything.

I may have to get that MMT version anyway, slipped off my radar. My original UK EP set bought in Sweden summer of '69 is a mass of scratches, but kept for sentimental purposes. My brother and I played it to death. I had the US LP version at some point to but that went missing, so all I have is the DVD. The set may be a worthy replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back