Thin Lizzy, Vagabonds of the Western World (3CD + Atmos Blu-Ray Box Set Nov. 17, 2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the bonus tracks also in DTS 5.1?
Also is Whiskey the full version?
Thanks
1000004449.jpg

There you go.

I have to "second that emotion" on the Kiss "Creatures" Atmos mix as it is extremely underwhelming and totally lacking in the "volume" department so I think I will now pass on this Lizzy release...
But unlike Creatures Of The Night, this one is available on a standalone BR. Much more willing to take a chance on a $25 deal than a $100+ bloated box set. Also, probably easy to sell at a profit once it goes OOP.

I received the stand alone blu ray yesterday, as a life long Lizzy/Phil fan I am delighted we are getting some great releases recently. I saw the band several times in the 70s and 80s here in Dublin. It will be Tuesday at the earliest before I can give it a spin but the comments make me happy and hopefully it is only the start of more to come on blu.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    908.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    959.8 KB · Views: 0
I ordered from a UK seller on Amazon, and I'm getting a message that it's Region encoded, either a Region 2 DVD or a Region B BR, and won't play on North American players. I don't see anything mentioning it on the photos that were posted above. Can anyone confirm if this is true, or if this is just a standard message they send out. Thanks.

I ordered from a UK seller on Amazon, and I'm getting a message that it's Region encoded, either a Region 2 DVD or a Region B BR, and won't play on North American players. I don't see anything mentioning it on the photos that were posted above. Can anyone confirm if this is true, or if this is just a standard message they send out. Thanks.
Personally speaking, I've never known any (HFPA) Blu-ray-Audio disc to be region coded. And I have around 100 of them...

EDIT: Did you order the disc via Amazon US. Link: Amazon.com

Personally speaking, I've never known any (HFPA) Blu-ray-Audio disc to be region coded. And I have around 100 of them...

EDIT: Did you order the disc via Amazon US. Link: Amazon.com
Yes, same here, although I don’t have as many as you. Thanks for the reply, I’m going to roll the dice and assume it’s just an automated message set up to cover their butts. And, no, it was Amazon.ca, the Canadian site. The order is shipped by Chalky’s in the UK.

Interested, do you have a list of all (HFPA) Blu-ray-Audio discs?
Sadly no, but maybe there's a way to find most of them on Discogs. I bought or was given most of the pop/rock Universal releases. And was given a few classical and jazz titles at various events.

It really annoyed me when Universal abandoned the format but much happier now that SDE has stepped in (even though they're not all strictly 'pure audio')... I remember seeing some odd looking French disc releases, in hindsight I should have picked some of those up!

Back