What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that documentry looks good will have to watch it
I wasn't aware that this release existed. Likely you noticed that it is a 3ch recording. I do have a Classic Records 24/96 DAD DVD of it in 2ch from 2000. Both the performance and fidelity of that disc are spectacular. Ronnie, Pete, Lee & Fred never sounded better.
View attachment 9946

Likely the 3ch SACD will be a winner, too, especially since it's AP.

Check out the PBS documentary, Wasn't That a Time, filmed shortly before Lee's death in 1981. It is complete here, with an introduction from a German broadcast. The audio level is a bit low.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KfjvVohAWM

Le Premier Cri (The First Cry) - SACD 5.1 - Beautiful.....
$(KGrHqV,!l0E9KC(hgvsBPTttcBmHQ~~60_35.JPG

sounds like a good plan! i got "Naked" (sounds dodgy) on DualDisc as a way to get it cheap (its still Adv Res 5.1) and got the "Brick" not that long ago so I've got them all on DVDA & DualD's... another artists catalogue in surround complete-o! so satisfying! :)

I got 'Naked' for £3:00 on Amazon about a year after it came out,(You are right it does sound dodgy) I dont think i paid full price for any of the CD/DVDA sets that I bought.

Being as how it appears stocks are becoming exhausted/low I took a deep breath and shelled out for the Aqualung collector's edition. Have been resisting buying this for a long time in the hope that they bought out a more affordable way to get the DVD or BluRay. Oh well, it's only money...

I am in Germany on holiday, the chain shop Saturn has a good range of SACDs. Gentle Giant CD/DVDs are my first lot.

I got 'Naked' for £3:00 on Amazon about a year after it came out,(You are right it does sound dodgy) I dont think i paid full price for any of the CD/DVDA sets that I bought.

HMV had most of the Talking H's CD/DVDA sets for between £3 & £5 at one point, around about the same time Fopp had the R.E.M. CD/DVDA's for £3. Did you get "Naked" in HMV?

HMV had most of the Talking H's CD/DVDA sets for between £3 & £5 at one point, around about the same time Fopp had the R.E.M. CD/DVDA's for £3. Did you get "Naked" in HMV?

I would have got 'Naked' in Borders when it was around in Swindon, it used to be on my route home form work, spent mucho moulla in there. Still they went bust Oh well that was not down to me.

Mind you spent about 30 pounds in HMV the other day and came out with some tastey deluxe editions and Neil Young and crazy Horses, Psychedelic Pill on Blu Ray

I would have got 'Naked' in Borders when it was around in Swindon, it used to be on my route home form work, spent mucho moulla in there. Still they went bust Oh well that was not down to me.

Mind you spent about 30 pounds in HMV the other day and came out with some tastey deluxe editions and Neil Young and crazy Horses, Psychedelic Pill on Blu Ray

did you ever find any decent Hi-Rez/SACD/DVDA stuff in Borders beyond "Naked"? I used to scour the racks in the big Borders on Oxford Street and never found a bloody thing!

my best High Street finds over the years were in Virgin Megastore on Tott Ct Rd (stuff like Ship Ahoy SACD, Destiny's C SACD, the Beyonce SACD, a load of DVDAs, all £14-£16, just lumped in with the regular CDs) and when Virgin turned into Zavvi just before it went bust, they had some great things like the Supernatural Santana DVDA which I remember getting for a fiver.. and in HMV Oxford St every now and again things would appear out of nowhere (I worked in the West End at the time and checked in almost every day on way home.. i regularly picked up things there that were already OOP and getting pricey, like the JB Blow by Blow SACD, DM 101 SACD, all at RRP, as well of shedloads of DVDA.. one day I bought about a dozen DVDAs in HMV Oxford St that again must have been found in a stock room as they weren't there on the shelves earlier in the week, all marked down from their usual RRP of about £20 for the rock/pop DVDAs (things like Frampton Comes Alive DVDA) so I bought everything I didn't already have. I wish I'd picked up the doubles now (they had at least 2 copies of all sorts.. more Doors L.A. woman, Frampton, Ryan Adams, the J Records DVDAs, etc) ah well, you live and learn eh! :eek:

did you ever find any decent Hi-Rez/SACD/DVDA stuff in Borders beyond "Naked"? I used to scour the racks in the big Borders on Oxford Street and never found a bloody thing!

my best High Street finds over the years were in Virgin Megastore on Tott Ct Rd (stuff like Ship Ahoy SACD, Destiny's C SACD, the Beyonce SACD, a load of DVDAs, all £14-£16, just lumped in with the regular CDs) and when Virgin turned into Zavvi just before it went bust, they had some great things like the Supernatural Santana DVDA which I remember getting for a fiver.. and in HMV Oxford St every now and again things would appear out of nowhere (I worked in the West End at the time and checked in almost every day on way home.. i regularly picked up things there that were already OOP and getting pricey, like the JB Blow by Blow SACD, DM 101 SACD, all at RRP, as well of shedloads of DVDA.. one day I bought about a dozen DVDAs in HMV Oxford St that again must have been found in a stock room as they weren't there on the shelves earlier in the week, all marked down from their usual RRP of about £20 for the rock/pop DVDAs (things like Frampton Comes Alive DVDA) so I bought everything I didn't already have. I wish I'd picked up the doubles now (they had at least 2 copies of all sorts.. more Doors L.A. woman, Frampton, Ryan Adams, the J Records DVDAs, etc) ah well, you live and learn eh! :eek:

Only stuff that came with DVDAs so most of my Talking Heads discs and both Flaming Lips CD/DVDA sets.

Todays FYE score. Just under $42 with the tax, but they are giving out $10 cash certificates for any total over $30 good for the next purchase of over $20, except I have to wait until 4/7 to use it. All music and movies 30% off marked price, with purchase of 3.

Might go back tomorrow for more. If I can spare the money. Maybe.

Attachments

• fye_score.jpg
    fye_score.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 118
The reanimation is priced correctly since it sux (IMHO and I own it), but the billion dollar babies is a score for under $20 (and yes I own and like it). Congrats!

The Reanimation looks somewhat trashed. Should be interesting to see if it plays with no problems. Well for $4 a few problems may be acceptable. The Alice Cooper looks untouched.

The reanimation is priced correctly since it sux (IMHO and I own it), but the billion dollar babies is a score for under $20 (and yes I own and like it). Congrats!

I'm glad to see someone else hates the Linkin' Park! (y)

I felt like a right old misery when I rubbished it on here and it turns out loads of people on QQ love it! It's just not my cup of tea..

that sure is a steal on the Alice Cooper (though I got it new/sealed for £6, years ago when you couldn't give these things away over here!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back