What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This evaluation got me very interested. So much so that I ordered it. The only other EJ that I have is HC. That purchase was based on reviews here as well. Rocket Man is a killer. I am not much of an fan of EJ but the mix/fidelity on HC is up there with the best. Looking forward to getting my Cap Fan!

CF's the most interesting & accomplished surround mix of them all, it's just as much fun as all the others but it has an added 'classiness' (without resorting to stuffiness) that befits the very classy material.. lets face it the album is EJ & BT's classiest/most polished 70's work.

one example is in the chorus of “(Gotta Get A) Meal Ticket”.. there's some superb panning of Elton’s vocals, that whizz from speaker to speaker, from front to back, back to front and back again... ! Its all pretty quick, blink and you'd miss it but the attention to detail in this surround mix is mind-blowing.. it goes a little something like this...

“Feel no pain” emerges from the centre channel, the refrain of “No pain” from Elton emerges from the left rear, then the lead vocal of “No Regrets” from Elton in the centre, then Elton’s refrain of “No Regrets” flies over to the right rear and then we whizz back to the centre for “When the line’s been signed you’re someone else”...

at times fun & frivolous but so clever and affecting all at the same time, just like the album itself. simply stunning.

however.. the most active surround remix of an individual song of all the Elton 5.1's is, for me, the bonus track alternate version of "Madman Across The Water" (with Mick Ronson in absolutely heroic form btw!) on the "Tumbleweed Connection" SA-CD.

there's so much crazy panning and speaker ping-pong going on (particularly with Ronson's totally out-there guitar work) you'd be forgiven for thinking it was Quad, if it wasn't for EJ's lead vocals hard in the centre channel.. absolutely incredible stuff, a surround music wet dream!

Greg Penny really nailed those albums in surround.

don't lose hope, it comes up every so often for decent money. if I see one while surfing around I'll PM you.

Oops! My bad! You already found it! :eek: :mad:@:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have (y)

its bordering on criminal that the excellent surround mix (Mixed by Thom Cadley, QQ Member ThomC no less.. and nicely mastered by Joseph M Palmaccio) didn't see wider release but its not the first time and it doubtless won't be the last..!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_M._Palmaccio

http://www.thomcadleymusic.com/7173.html

Finally!

1011338_10151759710320499_619464538_n.jpg

£16 new & sealed from a Play.com market place seller. It's an amazing album and the 5.1 mix is pretty damned incredible!

Thanks to eBay, recent purchases for ~ $100 total include:
1. LYNYRD SKYNYRD-Southern Surroundings DVD-Audio
2. Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary DVD-Audio/Blu-Ray (FINALLY!)
3. Jimmy Witherspoon - The Blues, The Whole Blues and Nothing But the Blues DVD-Audio

John

Thanks to eBay, recent purchases for ~ $100 total include:
1. LYNYRD SKYNYRD-Southern Surroundings DVD-Audio
2. Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary DVD-Audio/Blu-Ray (FINALLY!)
3. Jimmy Witherspoon - The Blues, The Whole Blues and Nothing But the Blues DVD-Audio

John
How much did you pay for the SKYNYRD?

Missy Elliot...so addictive.

I know most around these parts are mostly into classic rock, etc., but this disc is great fun!

Missy Elliot...so addictive.

I know most around these parts are mostly into classic rock, etc., but this disc is great fun!

Oh it's a good'un that one! (y)

You're not alone! I'm definitely not just a Classic Rock-er! (though I do love all that!) and I've got the Britney Spears, Pink, Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Kelly Rowland, Mary Mary, Alicia Keys, Wyclef Jean, R Kelly, Soulstar, Ludacris, 112, Usher, Outkast, N.E.R.D., Rob Thomas, Hooverphonic, Tipper, Yellow Note, Schiller, Thomilla, Goldfrapp, Groove Armada, Kinobe, Moloko & Paul Van Dyk surround discs to prove it! ;) :) :p :D

The Vicar - Songbook #1

Finally arrived today! Hope to have time to spin it tomorrow.

YEAY!! That's a great a-mistake-a ta-make-a..!! One of life's "happy accidents" (y)

It has happenned before. Sometimes, when I don't pay attention. I ended up with 2 E. Power Biggs The Four Great Toccatas and Fugues that way. Both sealed but one had the slip cover and the other was just plastic sans gold slipcase. Fortunately I got both copies for less than 100 dollars. They were not bought at the same time.

It has happenned before. Sometimes, when I don't pay attention. I ended up with 2 E. Power Biggs The Four Great Toccatas and Fugues that way. Both sealed but one had the slip cover and the other was just plastic sans gold slipcase. Fortunately I got both copies for less than 100 dollars. They were not bought at the same time.

Jeepers!! :yikes

I guess that could only be topped by finding two sealed copies of The Scorpions SACDs by mistake! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back