What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Legend Of Zorro : Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - James Horner (Hybrid MultiChannel SA-CD),
Titanic - Music From The Motion Picture (Hybrid MultiChannel SA-CD).

With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails (DualDisc DVD-Audio),
Passengers - Mostly Autumn (Hybrid MultiChannel SA-CD).

Thanks to Neil & Mike for the Mostly Autumn heads up! :friday:

Nosound - Afterthoughts (DVD-A)
Era - The very best of (SACD)
Era - The Mass (SACD)
Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time (DVD-A)
Shawn Amos - Thank You Shirl-ee May (DTS-DVD - DualDisc)
Al Di Meola - Flesh on Flesh (SACD)
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese (BluRay)
Stick Men - Deep (DTS-DVD)
The Vicar - Songbook #1 (DVD-A)
Backstreet Boys - Never Gone (DVD-A - DualDisc)

Both Era discs I found at amazon.fr. For one I had to convince the seller to deliver to Germany. So far I had only the best experience with French Amazon sellers.

Markus

Funny... QQ made it seller :)
The ebay copy has also gone quick for ~28 EUR. I found it too expensive for this type of music. I guess you paid less...

Markus

Nosound - Afterthoughts (DVD-A)
Era - The very best of (SACD)
Era - The Mass (SACD)
Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time (DVD-A)
Shawn Amos - Thank You Shirl-ee May (DTS-DVD - DualDisc)
Al Di Meola - Flesh on Flesh (SACD)
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese (BluRay)
Stick Men - Deep (DTS-DVD)
The Vicar - Songbook #1 (DVD-A)
Backstreet Boys - Never Gone (DVD-A - DualDisc)

Both Era discs I found at amazon.fr. For one I had to convince the seller to deliver to Germany. So far I had only the best experience with French Amazon sellers.

Markus

Nice lineup, it reminded me to look up Era The Mass (absolutely love the other one) and found it for a ridiculous price on amazon.co.jp. Setting up an account there was a total chore (different server from US/EU), but once done it worked great, Chrome is the real deal when viewing logograms. As usual, the discipline and commitment of those sellers is exemplary, I wrote worried it may be a CD, reply came 1/2h later confirming SACD.

I need to get more DVD-Audios, i have 530+ SACD titles. Just discovered this site, love the "HiRez Poll", as one can hardly find any reviews of DVD-Audio discs. I will return frequently I am sure.

Mostly Autumn - Passengers - SACD:banana:

Many thanks to Neil P. & The Rang.... for the tip on this....2nd time lucky...

I now have this in DVD & SACD.

Mostly Autumn - Passengers - SACD:banana:

Many thanks to Neil P. & The Rang.... for the tip on this....2nd time lucky...

I now have this in DVD & SACD.

great album, great mix.. but its still bright-sounding even on the old smoothie SACD.. I had hoped it would be less harsh than the DVD. ah well, v.nice to have the SA at last! Thanks Y'all.! :D

Nice lineup, it reminded me to look up Era The Mass (absolutely love the other one) and found it for a ridiculous price on amazon.co.jp. Setting up an account there was a total chore (different server from US/EU), but once done it worked great, Chrome is the real deal when viewing logograms. As usual, the discipline and commitment of those sellers is exemplary, I wrote worried it may be a CD, reply came 1/2h later confirming SACD.

I need to get more DVD-Audios, i have 530+ SACD titles. Just discovered this site, love the "HiRez Poll", as one can hardly find any reviews of DVD-Audio discs. I will return frequently I am sure.

Nice one! (y) I've yet to find an Amazon.jp seller with something I want that would ship it outside of Japan! :eek:

Funny... QQ made it seller :)
The ebay copy has also gone quick for ~28 EUR. I found it too expensive for this type of music. I guess you paid less...

Markus

haha! that's the power of QQ! :D

I gave the No Angels SACD a quick listen the other day and the surround mix is surprisingly active and I enjoyed what I heard musically. some very well-recorded horns, though it did sound mastered a bit hot.. I need to play it a bit more when I get a chance.

haha! that's the power of QQ! :D

I gave the No Angels SACD a quick listen the other day and the surround mix is surprisingly active and I enjoyed what I heard musically. some very well-recorded horns, though it did sound mastered a bit hot.. I need to play it a bit more when I get a chance.

Is it a sort of a live recording? I'm thinking about the DVD edition (descrption speaks about live) that is sold for cents. Has it the same music content?!?
It is DD but I have some DD recordings I like. Í'm not willing to spend more than 5 Euro for that while I like horns in surround.

Markus

Is it a sort of a live recording? I'm thinking about the DVD edition (descrption speaks about live) that is sold for cents. Has it the same music content?!?
It is DD but I have some DD recordings I like. Í'm not willing to spend more than 5 Euro for that while I like horns in surround.

Markus

I don't have the DVD but the SACD does have a "live" feel to it, though there is no applause or audience noise and the surround mix isn't the usual ambient live mix. My guess is that its a remix from the soundboard of the show but I don't know anything about the background to this album or anything about the group I'm afraid - I'd never heard of them before ABMickey's QQ post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back