What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor and Sigh - Richard Thompson (DVD-Audio).

If you like that the Old Kit Bag DVD-A disc is also excellent... if you don't have it .... and its a Silverline Dualdisc :yikes

Last edited:
I don't have the DVD but the SACD does have a "live" feel to it, though there is no applause or audience noise and the surround mix isn't the usual ambient live mix. My guess is that its a remix from the soundboard of the show but I don't know anything about the background to this album or anything about the group I'm afraid - I'd never heard of them before ABMickey's QQ post!

As a german you might know..the No Angels was a german Girlband (somewhere casted in TV)...the SACD covers some of their Hits into a swing Format...and ist not a live release moreover a studio recording of these songs.

I'm not German..!? :mad:@: I don't know anything about this girl group! All I know is the SACD surround mix is discrete and it sounds nice, it helps I rather like the music! Thanks for the info about the disc, I like it. greetings from sunny London! :D

The Best Of Mickey Hart - Over The Edge And Back arrived this morning, I haven't listened to it yet, but it looked interesting so I bought it!

Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time CDs & DVD

I never really was a fan of this until I brought It recently. I now am a converted fan of this mid 70s Hawkwind album.
Sounds great in surround.

We Can't Dance - Genesis (Hybrid MultiChannel SA-CD + DVD),
Calling All Stations - Genesis (Hybrid MultiChannel SA-CD + DVD).

Two of the better 5.1 mixes by Nick Davis. Pity about the content :eek: (IMHO) .....

Love SACD showed up today from musicdirect... took them 4 days to actually ship it after I placed the order. I guess they like moving real slow on things when I'm not paying the jacked up delivery truck prices. I went with media mail to my post office box. The actual shipping time was 3 days.

Under $30 delivered. Bought it during the 12% off sale.

Serial number was somewhere around 350 for those of you curious about such things.

FINALLY!

I finally picked up a copy of No Man "Schoolyard Ghosts" and I can't wait to spin it.

This has been one of those that I kept putting off for other things.

Thanks again SW. :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back