What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to catch up on the KCs as well.
There's just so much stuff out there these days I can't keep up

Well depending on which ones you have and don't have, here's my top 5:
1) "Larks' Tongues in Aspic"
2) "Red"
3) "THRAK"
4) "In the Court of the Crimson King"
5) "Discipline"

(With all of the others following after that in no particular order) :)

I was lucky enough to find a sealed copy of Deadwing by Porcupine Tree. Not too expensive either, I've been searching for several years.

Lucky you.. I just went through my invoices to see how much I paid for this.. Damn.. Back in april 2013, for Deadwing and In Absentia on amazon.com, both used, I dropped $253us :rolleyes: ouch

Finally got around to buy King Crimsons "Thrak". I admit it is, along with Power To Believe, my least KC album. I do however look forward to hear this in a new fashion, perhaps that is what I need to appreciate it fully!

Finally got around to buy King Crimsons "Thrak". I admit it is, along with Power To Believe, my least KC album. I do however look forward to hear this in a new fashion, perhaps that is what I need to appreciate it fully!

The newer mixes (both surround and stereo) are a revelation! The approach that Jakko took for the surround mix was exactly what was needed to give all 6 band members the proper breathing room so that we the listeners could really hear what each member is doing and how it contributes to the whole sound.
I hope you come to appreciate the album more based on these new mixes. Enjoy! :)

Took a chance on the MyUtopia Cell Series 1-10, I've always wondered about these and couldn't find many reviews. Not really a big electronic, hip (trip)-hop or rap fan myself but the first four (not in numerical order) that I listened to are much better than expected. The other day, I was listening to samples of Bass Communion Loss as a possible purchase, strangely the first disc of the series that I spun, camarillo blues triangle, starts with a similar eerie kind of ambient drone effect. Funny where the pursuit of surround will lead you.

Well this was a nice surprise this morning.
Amazon (via USPS) delivered my "Hearts" SACD by America to my front doorstep! This was the first time I ever had something delivered to me via USPS on a Sunday, and I like it!
I will look forward to checking out this SACD as soon as I can! :)

Huh...USPS has the contract exclusively with amazon in my area...they even deliver amazon(only amazon)packages on sunday..

The same appears to be true for the Middle TN area near Nashville. Almost all of the amazon packages come to me via USPS unless it's something really big and then it might come by UPS.

Came in the mail today

001.jpg
002.jpg

Picked this one up at FYE today with a 50% off used coupon. Under $7 with the tax.

paulSimon.jpg

About what it's worth probably.

used50.JPG

Picked this one up at FYE today with a 50% off used coupon. Under $7 with the tax.

About what it's worth probably.

I found that same used DVDA at a similar place in Birmingham, AL a few years ago, but they wanted $24.99, and I was like "No way, Jose!" ;)

Helmut Lotti
Tribute to Elvis Multi Channel
Great sound and great arrangements

Also I would like to propose My new Avatar as the Mascot for the Club

Back