What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roxy and Elsewhere

Only DD 5.1, but.....it's ZAPPA !!!!! Need anyone say more ?;)(y);)

20160128_123903.jpg20160128_123843.jpg

why, what's wrong with it?

I find this disc very enjoyable, and a very good Paul Simon vehicle.

The last time I listened to it I noticed it was very "quad like"with the mix, which I find quite pleasing indeed.You will notice the center is not at all dominant .
I recommend this disc to anyone who is a fan of Simon or surround.

I find this disc very enjoyable, and a very good Paul Simon vehicle.

The last time I listened to it I noticed it was very "quad like"with the mix, which I find quite pleasing indeed.You will notice the center is not at all dominant .
I recommend this disc to anyone who is a fan of Simon or surround.

Hardly "Still Crazy.." or "..Rhymin' Simon" though is it.. :eek:
his three old Quads are so good I just cannot fathom why he wouldn't want them out on Surround SACD.. :(

Just listened to a group called Rambient on DVD Audio. Very synthy, and really different for me. But I loved the first listen and have a feeling I will like it more on the second. Bought it based on someone's mention on QQ, so thanks for turning me on to this you amazing unremembered QQ person...

Just listened to a group called Rambient on DVD Audio. Very synthy, and really different for me. But I loved the first listen and have a feeling I will like it more on the second. Bought it based on someone's mention on QQ, so thanks for turning me on to this you amazing unremembered QQ person...

It was PROBABLY me, BK. I've always considered this DVD~A a hi~lite with it's immersive surround envelopment and over the top trippy production values.
It may not appeal to everyone, but to those adventuresome souls.....I VERY highly recommend it.

It's available as both a dualdisc and a MLP DVD~A 5.1! Available from $6 NEW (AmazonUS third party vendors). Title: Rambient: So Many Worlds

It was PROBABLY me, BK. I've always considered this DVD~A a hi~lite with it's immersive surround envelopment and over the top trippy production values.
It may not appeal to everyone, but to those adventuresome souls.....I VERY highly recommend it.

It's available as both a dualdisc and a MLP DVD~A 5.1! Available from $6 NEW (AmazonUS third party vendors). Title: Rambient: So Many Worlds

LOL! I have it as well. Sort of forgot I do....I'll have to dig it out and see what it's all about.

Hardly "Still Crazy.." or "..Rhymin' Simon" though is it.. :eek:
his three old Quads are so good I just cannot fathom why he wouldn't want them out on Surround SACD.. :(

No it is not, but they both have, or I should say all 3 of his solo quads have hit singles from those albums.

You won't find a hit single, but it is classic Paul Simon, and I guess my point is "there is nothing wrong with it ".;)(y)

Thanks to both of you for pointing this one out. I just ordered one - I liked most of it listening on Spotify, and Peter Murphy's presence kind of tipped the scale for me...

Hidden Gems Vol. 2 - ARS Produktion

4260052381991.jpg

Gorgeous VERY discrete sound with the lead violin firmly in the rear speakers a little to one side, and the orchestra predominantly upfront, but definitely extending back a little.

And the music is superb.

"Loss" by Bass Communion arrived today (CD/DVD-A)
I have a feeling I won't be listening this tonight and will wait until tomorrow morning…

:couch

Back