What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered this one, tadaaaaaa :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: (one for each channel :))

GOOD GOD..! :yikes I thought I paid a lot (approx 40 quid) but £315.00.. I don't understand why these things are still all out of print when there is a definite demand and a crazy-ass after market for them.. Why don't the label reissue the Hi-Res/surround on DVD-A or Blu-ray or download or something..??

That way the artists and the label make the money rather than the dealers/scalpers! It makes NO sense...

I would think that has to cost at least a month of Sundays, but I'm sure it will be worth it for you. The search for this one (at a decent price) still continues for me...

I gave my 2nd copy away to a friend years ago (who has since disappeared off the face of the earth, I hope he's not dead..!!) which now seeing the prices this damned thing is going for I almost regret.. but it brought him happiness at the time.. and it feels good to give shit away to mates, so no regrets.. what would your budget be for the Toto, Ryan?

GOOD GOD..! :yikes I thought I paid a lot (approx 40 quid) but £315.00.. I don't understand why these things are still all out of print when there is a definite demand and a crazy-ass after market for them.. Why don't the label reissue the Hi-Res/surround on DVD-A or Blu-ray or download or something..??

That way the artists and the label make the money rather than the dealers/scalpers! It makes NO sense...

I payed $147.00
for this one, I can wait longer but I believe the price will only go up
:(

what would your budget be for the Toto, Ryan?

Great question. I never like spending any more than I have to to get a particular disc, but if it was the European Hybrid SACD in very good condition, I suppose I could drop at least $50 on that (which I know is peanuts compared to what it usually sells for, but hey, they call it a budget for a reason) ;)

Yeah, cost me £141.77 , I've seen it for double that price :yikes

Oh man.. this is just out of this world.. (do you know how many Quad SQ/QS records I can get for that? You can imagine its a LOT!!) I genuinely feel for any of you guys here who are trying to pick these things up now (I'm not an old hand at this stuff by any means but when I first started getting into the SACD thing around 10 years ago you could pick up the US Single layer of Toto IV any day of the week for decent money and around about 2008/2009 they could barely give them away at one point the bottom totally fell out of the market.. and I had a perfectly serviceable DTS CDR I'd traded with someone so I didn't bother.. but by the time I really wanted the SACD of course prices had already started to creep up.. now its just bat shit bonkers!

I wish wish wish AF would consider reissuing some of these discs.. they're obviously not thinking of redoing SACDS of 3+3 and Ship Ahoy as they are on their upcoming compilation SACD.. but you'd think Toto IV would be their demographic.. they did it with Homecoming and Winelight, maybe they can do likewise with Toto etc..!?

Indeed :) but there were (still are) a few sacd's that I really wanted and this is one of them (Scorpions Moment of Glory SACD still on my wishlist too but I'm not going to pay what they ask for it now), the rest of the stuff on my wishlist is much cheaper so I decided to buy these first before they will cost me the jackpot.

Indeed :) but there were (still are) a few sacd's that I really wanted and this is one of them (Scorpions Moment of Glory SACD still on my wishlist too but I'm not going to pay what they ask for it now), the rest of the stuff on my wishlist is much cheaper so I decided to buy these first before they will cost me the jackpot.

Well I wish you the very best of British luck my friend :)
Personally I've had to throw in the towel (VERY reluctantly) with the handful of MultiCh SACDs I still really wanted
(Scorpions/Moment Of Glory, Mathilde Santing/New Amsterdam, Frank Galan/Promesas, Hurriganes/RoadRunner, Sarah Brightman x 3.. are the main ones now) but I've had to accept defeat, life's too short! :D

I wish wish wish AF would consider reissuing some of these discs.. they're obviously not thinking of redoing SACDS of 3+3 and Ship Ahoy as they are on their upcoming compilation SACD.. but you'd think Toto IV would be their demographic.. they did it with Homecoming and Winelight, maybe they can do likewise with Toto etc..!?

Not that I think it will happen anytime soon, but if Audio Fidelity do end up reissuing "Toto IV" on Multichannel SACD one day, I'll do exactly what I did with "Homecoming" and "Winelight", which is to buy it directly from AF as a way of saying "Thanks" for bringing it back at a much more affordable cost! :)

It is a fantastic album, just ordered the Rock Candy remaster myself. But it will be Specweb surround only for now.

Well I wish you the very best of British luck my friend :)
Personally I've had to throw in the towel (VERY reluctantly) with the handful of MultiCh SACDs I still really wanted
(Scorpions/Moment Of Glory, Mathilde Santing/New Amsterdam, Frank Galan/Promesas, Hurriganes/RoadRunner, Sarah Brightman x 3.. are the main ones now) but I've had to accept defeat, life's too short! :D

I think I'll have to do that too for the Scorpions disc :( but the rest I really want is still affordable (Elton John albums and the rest of the Depeche Mode catalogue (?)

I think I'll have to do that too for the Scorpions disc :( but the rest I really want is still affordable (Elton John albums and the rest of the Depeche Mode catalogue (?)

Yeah I would definitely try to round up the Elton John and Depeche Mode surround albums, except for the "Delta Machine" 5.1 mix from DM found in the "Live in Berlin" set. That 5.1 mix is a piece of garbage, but other than that, they are all stellar! :)

I would think that AF could easily release that Scorpions title. They've put out some stereo Scorpions in the past.

Back