XTC Drums and Wires in 5.1 cd/dvd-a and cd/bd-a sets

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't and don't rely on Amazon reviews anymore, since there seem (to me) to be too many problems with their review system, like..

- people reviewing the wrong product or version,
- Amazon themselves apportioning a review to the wrong product or version,
- people reviewing a product they haven't actually bought from Amazon or the marketplace,
- people rating based on shipping or a product no-show,
- people blatantly 'talking up' a product they are either involved with or in the business of importing (I've fallen foul of this a few times, where after I've been suckered in to buy something reviewers have positively raved about, albeit cheap & trivial, like a PC cable or a phone accessory, someone in their pay was clearly bigging up their product, since when it arrived it was inferior, counterfeit, or just plain garbage!)..
- and then we have the problem highlighted here of people not knowing what they're doing and so reviewing something poorly, or just don't know what they're talking about, or knowing just enough to seem plausible but actually still getting it wrong and being unintentionally misleading.

Phew.. "Caveat emptor" as they say! :D

Yes, I sometimes find I review the reviewer to see what else they've reviewed - is everything 5 stars? Was just a bunch of stuff reviewed on the same day, etc...

they need a way to get the correct reviews, with the correct product.

Agreed. Finding reviews for vinyl or multichannel releases can be tricky amongst big selling albums where multiple formats/editions are bunched together.

Steven Wilson mentioned in his concert at the Royal Festival Hall, UK in 2013 that he rarely reads the Amazon reviews but did have a sneak and noticed that one reviewer had described his work as Tolkienesque. This mightily pissed SW off given that he has never written about Tolkien type themes but rather serial killers. He told it better than me but needless to say I don't think he'll be reading Amazon reviews any time soon.

I wonder if there was a download code to satisfy him...

I believe i can't remember if it was a tweet or on teh APE forum, but he has to iron out a lot of issues/work out a deal with the record company, to offer downloads.

Still keep them comming !

The man is not that big a fan or surely he would go and buy a player that will play the Blu ray or DVDA never mind !!!

I can't and don't rely on Amazon reviews anymore, since there seem (to me) to be too many problems with their review system, like..

- people reviewing the wrong product or version,
- Amazon themselves apportioning a review to the wrong product or version,
- people reviewing a product they haven't actually bought from Amazon or the marketplace,
- people rating based on shipping or a product no-show,
- people blatantly 'talking up' a product they are either involved with or in the business of importing (I've fallen foul of this a few times, where after I've been suckered in to buy something reviewers have positively raved about, albeit cheap & trivial, like a PC cable or a phone accessory, someone in their pay was clearly bigging up their product, since when it arrived it was inferior, counterfeit, or just plain garbage!)..
- and then we have the problem highlighted here of people not knowing what they're doing and so reviewing something poorly, or just don't know what they're talking about, or knowing just enough to seem plausible but actually still getting it wrong and being unintentionally misleading.

Phew.. "Caveat emptor" as they say! :D

And, what about the reviews that are Posted after a product is listed but before it is even released.:rolleyes::)

Back