XTC Drums and Wires in 5.1 cd/dvd-a and cd/bd-a sets

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only can say it again. WOW! This release is such a gift to me.
Straight outta music heaven.
I only knew Nigel and Scissor Man before, so I hear a lot of new tracks.
This is in heavy rotation.
I'm so glad that this came out.....
Yippieeeeehhhhh.

Sorry for my crazyness :).

Sheesh, it grinds my gears when people are so stupid as to give a product a 1-star review because...get this...they cannot play the disc due to not owning the media!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3JIHRS8KDBIW2/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00NBH2BA6

This guy just doesn't get it, no matter what analogy you give. People are free to review whatever they like, but to admit your sole reason for 1-star is because you don't own a player? Where are all the reviews of the other thousands of Blu-rays you cannot play?

I also absolutely detest those sort of reviews.

Sheesh, it grinds my gears when people are so stupid as to give a product a 1-star review because...get this...they cannot play the disc due to not owning the media!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3JIHRS8KDBIW2/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00NBH2BA6

This guy just doesn't get it, no matter what analogy you give. People are free to review whatever they like, but to admit your sole reason for 1-star is because you don't own a player? Where are all the reviews of the other thousands of Blu-rays you cannot play?

I was steamed too! I left him/her a gripe or two on the comments. I can't imagine NOT having a Blu-Ray player, DVD-Video is as passe as VHS/Beta in my mind. Even in my local thrift shops the DVD's and CD's go unsold while the rare 8-Tracks that pop up occasionally are snapped up. I don't know anyone with a standalone CD player these days, not even my technophobe Mother! She jumped right on Blu-Ray. I do have a standalone CD player, but it is in my garage, hidden behind a mountain of junk, saved only because it matches a component system with a cassette deck from my Father-In-Law, or else it would be toast.

I just left a short comment. I could call him a name but since I've turned over a new leaf, I won't. ;)

But the problem is he loves the album so it is not fair that is is on blu-ray.

Of course there will be many albums he does not like which will also be on blu-ray and thus logic dictates these will be given 5 stars so it will even out in the end:mad:@:

That is why I like to get opinions of people on here, as opposed to just viewing Amazon. Some really idiotic people out there. One Amazon buyer can me bad feedback because I gave him refund for item I did not have. The guy got his money back straight away, yet still gave me 1 star(sold dvd, but could not find it).

I'm not sure why this fellow cannot see our point and is NOT getting it. :howl

Here is the comment I just made to him:

"Wow...you really have some issues going on."

No, it's YOU that has the issue. You're reviewing a product that you don't have, can't play and won't buy because you don't want to purchase a BD player on the cheap. Can't you see a problem with reviewing a product YOU DON'T HAVE???

I guarantee you that when Steven Wilson reads any reviews like these on amazon, it probably ticks him off a bit but more importantly it makes him laugh, cause some people just don't get it!

Thankfully there's always QQ. :)

I guarantee you that when Steven Wilson reads any reviews like these on amazon, it probably ticks him off a bit but more importantly it makes him laugh, cause some people just don't get it!

Thankfully there's always QQ. :)

I'm sure SW can give a rats ass because his discs are selling, not sitting on the shelf, given the fact that the people that leave reviews on such products actually HAVE a BD player. :)

Amazon really needs to look closer at reviews that have to do with not buying the product and remove them.

Agreed. I also collect WWII movies and was reading a review of a Russian movie and a guy gave it zero stars because it had no subtitles. Turned out he just didn't know how to turn them on! He had a couple paragraph rant about not knowing it was a foreign language movie when clearly Amazon had listed - Language: Russian Subtitles: English

These are the morons we find in the real world............ :mad:@:

Agreed pretty dumb so thought best thing I could do is put in a 5 star rating, just a thought but maybe a few others should do as well to water down that 1 rating.

Reviewing something you haven't bought, they're undoubtedly going to end up as a candidate for The Darwin Awards at some point!

Reviewing something you haven't bought, they're undoubtedly going to end up as a candidate for The Darwin Awards at some point!

Amazon does a lot of things very well...but they need a way to get the correct reviews, with the correct product. That is my single biggest complaint.
You know, if I click on a SACD version of Sea of Change....I don't want 95% of the subsequent reviews to be about the damn CD. Bugs the hell out of me. And yes, then there is the occasional dope that gives a bad rating because the DVD-Audio doesn't have video...hello?? Audio??? Duh....

Rant over...

Back