ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly...

It has unknown ballad listed on the back. and there is a slot for a booklet when you open up the digi case. and i say nothing is perfect , the machine or man who packaged these cds skipped mine by mistake. I'll live without it.

It has unknown ballad listed on the back. and there is a slot for a booklet when you open up the digi case. and i say nothing is perfect , the machine or man who packaged these cds skipped mine by mistake. I'll live without it.

return it to amazon and they'll send you another one with the booklet!

I wonder if I should open my Razor & Tie self-titled. Do you suppose it has no booklet either?

Does your copy have "Unknown Ballad"? I don't see that track listed on Amazon.com. Maybe when they removed the track they also removed the booklet which mentions that track. :mad:@:

This track, for the final time of telling, has not been removed from the DVD

You know people don't actually read what's been written...... LOL ;):):mad:@::banana:

Evidently the next 2 ELP ones are in the hands of Jakko Jakszyk!

http://www.innerviews.org/inner/wilson2.html

Q: What does it take beyond money to get you interested in a remix project?

I’ve got to love the album and people involved. It’s as simple as that. I get invited to do a lot of stuff, believe me. I did two Emerson, Lake and Palmer albums, but I’ve chosen not to do any more of their records because I can’t honestly say I love them. I didn’t feel as connected to them as the King Crimson or Jethro Tull albums. So, Jakko Jakszyk will be doing the next two for ELP and he’ll do a great job.

off topic - The Interview with Nick Beggs is hilarious!

on topic - I know Jakko form the Fripp Collins album, but hi didnt do the 5.1 mix right? what other 5.1 mixes has Jakko made?

off topic - The Interview with Nick Beggs is hilarious!

on topic - I know Jakko form the Fripp Collins album, but hi didnt do the 5.1 mix right? what other 5.1 mixes has Jakko made?

No Jakko mixed the JFC album in 5.1 surround. And while he's not quite as good at 5.1 mixing as Mr Wilson, I'm just glad somebody is remixing "Trilogy" and I'm curious to see how Jakko's 5.1 mix of "Brain Salad Surgery" will compare to the original.

I hope once again Neil is authoring DVD-As for these releases, and I hope we'll see them as early as summer 2013. :)

Jakkos mixes of A Scarcity of Miracles & Circles (Gavin Harrison & 05Ric) are both good - IMHO... good choice to do Trilogy - yay!!!....

Evidently the next 2 ELP ones are in the hands of Jakko Jakszyk!

http://www.innerviews.org/inner/wilson2.html
"I’ve got to love the album and people involved. It’s as simple as that. I get invited to do a lot of stuff, believe me. I did two Emerson, Lake and Palmer albums, but I’ve chosen not to do any more of their records because I can’t honestly say I love them. I didn’t feel as connected to them as the King Crimson or Jethro Tull albums. So, Jakko Jakszyk will be doing the next two for ELP and he’ll do a great job."

He couldn't do any worse than the first two. I have SW's Tull and King Crimson releases and his ELP mixes pale in comparison. I was hammered for expressing my opinion of the ELP mixes but now the "man" himself is telling us he didn't really care about the first two ELP albums and it was obvious to my ears.
I never heard of Jakko Jakszyk but I would be happy with Joe Blow moving forward.

DGM have picked up on this news and echoed it:

Steven Wilson in his Innerviews interview also reveals that Jakko Jakszyk has taken over the surround sound and new stereo mixes for ELP's Trilogy and Brain Salad Surgery. Long-term site visitors will also recall that Jakszyk is also working on the 5.1 mix of Thrak although no date has yet been set for its release.

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=4075

I was hammered for expressing my opinion of the ELP mixes but now the "man" himself is telling us he didn't really care about the first two ELP albums and it was obvious to my ears.

tarkusnj, I am not wanting to hammer you for your opinion. They aren't my favorite mixes either. But, I believe you are misinterpreting SW's words.

I did two Emerson, Lake and Palmer albums, but I’ve chosen not to do any more of their records because I can’t honestly say I love them.

He is saying he doesn't love the ELP albums after for "ELP" and "Tarkus". He does care for those albums, which is why he accepted the job of remixing them.

At least... that is how I interpret his words.

He is saying he doesn't love the ELP albums after for "ELP" and "Tarkus". He does care for those albums, which is why he accepted the job of remixing them.

At least... that is how I interpret his words.

I can see that. Well, either way, he is not doing any more ELP albums and he originally stated months ago something like "I have not been approached to do any more ELP mixes".
Like he said, she said...

Back