What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'll be returning Reanimation. My player says "NoRead". It sure put a bunch of effort into trying to read it though.

Couple of radioactive SACDs from Japan (sorry, never gonna let that one go....those baby sea lions washing up ashore ....2+2 anyone?)..which I promptly "Logic'ed" at 96/24 and put in my storage room which is about 3 stories down...on top of all the empty cardboard boxes about 15 ft from the ground...
IF these are "rerecordings" Maestro Isao did a MAGNIFICENT JOB...I tend to think that the Debussy was left untouched ...BUT the Planets ones sounds "reworked" here and there
_05.jpg

Prism, that reminds me of Primus, didnt they say they would do a surroud version od Sailing the Seas of Cheese?, what ever happened to that?

sorry for the off topic!

Picked up a Shaded Dog about an hour ago. This is supposed to be really wild.

And, before you ask, yes it's stereo, not multi-channel. It was recorded in 1962.

Attachments

• shaded_dog.jpg
    shaded_dog.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 149
  • shaded_dog_case.jpg
    shaded_dog_case.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 146
Prism, that reminds me of Primus, didnt they say they would do a surroud version od Sailing the Seas of Cheese?, what ever happened to that?

sorry for the off topic!

Yeah - I remember when that got mentioned - I've got that in my spreadsheet listed as "To be Released".... no word on it in ages...

Blinkin' Krap - Refundamation

I thought I was going nuts when I posted to say what a load of old crap I thought this "music" was.. and then got leapt on by a load of QQ-ers saying how great it was!

I'd like to think I'm fairly open-minded.. and Lord knows being into Hi-Rez/Surround has opened my little mind to all sorts of artists and genres of music I'd never have entertained before!

Now I feel justified (and slightly less crazy!) the Linkin P has a healthy number of fellow detractors on here and I'm not the lone dissenting voice trashing it!

The kindest thing I can say about the DVDA is the opening track alone sounds amazing.. oh and I like the cool-looking Optimus Prime type transgojobot on the cover..!

Ooh..!!! (y)

I've had this on my sa-cd.net wishlist for aaaaages!! ..but its always one of those pricey Japanese imports and I've never seen it cheap, so never got round to picking it up.

Very interested to know how the 5.1 mix is on this, LK..??

Yeah - OBI = Mucho $$$$

The surround mix is subtle, but quite nice...

Obi Mucho Kinobe and C5POint1...! :p

is it a proper (yet subtle) discrete mix or just ambience or double stereo with quieter rears?

I want one! It looks so gorgeous! Just my cup of tea musically too! grr...!! :eek:

True discrete - gorgeous sound q too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back