What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the 2012 re-issues of Gentle Giant's "In'terview" and "Free Hand" that include the 4.1 mix on DVD. Should be able to give them a listen tonight.

Another Heads album for the collection... more coming soon!

3620_10151643436575499_1192071261_n.jpg

I ordered 5 items and the shipping (EMS) will be about $20, which is $4 per item. Can't beat that. Even domestic shipping would be around $3.50.

Now I can sell that SHM-SACD Steve Wonder and that bright Analogue Productions Cat Stevens SACD.

Attachments

• hmv_order_Blu.jpg
    hmv_order_Blu.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 160
Managed to get a pristine second hand Immersion edition of DSotM, which saved me a few pennies (many thanks to another QQ member - you know who you are) so I can finally hear the Quad mix on the included BluRay. :)

Next month will be a good month for music on Blu-ray even if it's stereo.

Check this: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Supertramp_000000000010385/item_Breakfast-In-America_5389183

And look at that sale price. I'll be getting my order in soon.

WOW! Thanks for the info :D its great to finally see a release date for these things!

seems like UMG are really going for it with blu-ray audio..

I don't want to jinx it.. but.. if they can flog enough of these now, we might well get all sorts of amazing things down the line!

I'm thinking.. the rest of the 5.1 Elton's, the Steely Dan's, all the other unreleased Universal stuff.. and now UMG practically own all the other labels, who knows we may even see Steven Wilson's new Tull 5.1's on the format.. the possibilities are endless..!!!.. WOO!!

I believe these will be domestic European/UK releases, trialling in France, so Euro/Brit QQ-ers might want to wait a week or two for pre-order info to appear on Amazon UK..

looks like lots of the initial wave of Philips/Universal SACD releases are being rehashed from all those years ago (10+) for this new BDA release campaign (specifically called "HIGH FIDELITY PURE AUDIO" Format, exact same presentation as the Stones' "GRR..!!" BDA.. especially Classical repertoire - Lang Lang, Akiko Suwanai, etc. - which will be direct copies of the old SACDs.). I'm keeping everything crossed these will be more than Stereo.. but cannot find any mention of surround anywhere yet about this first batch, which is a bit perturbing.

Anyway.. Scroll down to the 3rd news item for more..

http://www.universalmusicandbrands.com/news

Vespertine is one of my top rated DVD-As...The MLP sounds better than the DTS96/24 from the box set....enjoy it!

thanks Kap'n Fantastik! :p

I'm still on the hunt for the Vespertine SACD at sane money for the collection.. but now I've got the DVD-A, I'm in even less of a hurry to get it..

..and I wasn't in any hurry to get either the SACD or DVD-A of the album the last 10 years! (*)

(* why!? .. because I associate the album with some pretty bad memories of a painful time with my clinically depressed ex of the time, who absolutely loved the Vespertine album back in the day and played it to death.. aargghh! Blah!)

"..memories like the corners of my mind.."..!! :yikes

thanks Kap'n Fantastik! :p

I'm still on the hunt for the Vespertine SACD at sane money for the collection.. but now I've got the DVD-A, I'm in even less of a hurry to get it..

..and I wasn't in any hurry to get either the SACD or DVD-A of the album the last 10 years! (*)

(* why!? .. because I associate the album with some pretty bad memories of a painful time with my clinically depressed ex of the time, who absolutely loved the Vespertine album back in the day and played it to death.. aargghh! Blah!)

"..memories like the corners of my mind.."..!! :yikes

Vespertine was the first ever DVD-A/Hi-Res/MC disc I ever owned! And I didn't mean to buy it :D My wife was going into the city so I asked her to pick the Vespertine CD up for me as it had not long been released. When she came back, she gave me the disc and I asked how much it was. When she told me it was £16.99 I thought something wasn't quite right and it was then that I noticed the sticker. From that moment on, my eyes were opened to m/c music and the rest, as they say, is history. I later picked up the "Surrounded____" box set and Volta in 5.1 but was disappointed that Biophilia never got a 5.1 mix :(

I've not compared the DVD-A with the DTS/DD version. Might give that a go, one day :)

WOW! Thanks for the info :D its great to finally see a release date for these things!

seems like UMG are really going for it with blu-ray audio..

I don't want to jinx it.. but.. if they can flog enough of these now, we might well get all sorts of amazing things down the line!

I'm thinking.. the rest of the 5.1 Elton's, the Steely Dan's, all the other unreleased Universal stuff.. and now UMG practically own all the other labels, who knows we may even see Steven Wilson's new Tull 5.1's on the format.. the possibilities are endless..!!!.. WOO!!

I believe these will be domestic European/UK releases, trialling in France, so Euro/Brit QQ-ers might want to wait a week or two for pre-order info to appear on Amazon UK..

looks like lots of the initial wave of Philips/Universal SACD releases are being rehashed from all those years ago (10+) for this new BDA release campaign (specifically called "HIGH FIDELITY PURE AUDIO" Format, exact same presentation as the Stones' "GRR..!!" BDA.. especially Classical repertoire - Lang Lang, Akiko Suwanai, etc. - which will be direct copies of the old SACDs.). I'm keeping everything crossed these will be more than Stereo.. but cannot find any mention of surround anywhere yet about this first batch, which is a bit perturbing.

Anyway.. Scroll down to the 3rd news item for more..

http://www.universalmusicandbrands.com/news

This all looks incredibly exciting, but the distinct lack of a mention of multi-channel worries me. I do hope this takes off and it needs a milestone release, like 'Brothers in Arms' was for CD, to capture the imagination of the consumer and have people buying it in droves, enough to convince all labels that this is the way forward.

'Breakfast in America', 'Songs In The Key of Life'... these are album I already own and would buy on Blu-Ray in a heartbeat, especially with 5.1 mixes, but if the format is to take off and set about replacing the norm, it needs that killer release, even if it's by something by a vacuous, manufactured marketing scam like "Wand Erection", but preferably by something more tolerable like Coldplay who, whilst not everyone's cup of tea, hold that global appeal and can guarantee millions of sales on their name alone.

Please, please, please let this be the watershed moment that sees the world embrace Hi-Res multichannel audio.

Vespertine was the first ever DVD-A/Hi-Res/MC disc I ever owned! And I didn't mean to buy it :D My wife was going into the city so I asked her to pick the Vespertine CD up for me as it had not long been released. When she came back, she gave me the disc and I asked how much it was. When she told me it was £16.99 I thought something wasn't quite right and it was then that I noticed the sticker. From that moment on, my eyes were opened to m/c music and the rest, as they say, is history. I later picked up the "Surrounded____" box set and Volta in 5.1 but was disappointed that Biophilia never got a 5.1 mix :(

I've not compared the DVD-A with the DTS/DD version. Might give that a go, one day :)

yeay! nice one! (y)

how ironic that with Vespertine your wife was amazing (albeit unintentionally!) and by a very happy accident got you your 1st Hi-Rez M/C.. and yet my ex nearly put me off the album for life..!!

partners eh.. can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em! ;)

This all looks incredibly exciting, but the distinct lack of a mention of multi-channel worries me. I do hope this takes off and it needs a milestone release, like 'Brothers in Arms' was for CD, to capture the imagination of the consumer and have people buying it in droves, enough to convince all labels that this is the way forward.

'Breakfast in America', 'Songs In The Key of Life'... these are album I already own and would buy on Blu-Ray in a heartbeat, especially with 5.1 mixes, but if the format is to take off and set about replacing the norm, it needs that killer release, even if it's by something by a vacuous, manufactured marketing scam like "Wand Erection", but preferably by something more tolerable like Coldplay who, whilst not everyone's cup of tea, hold that global appeal and can guarantee millions of sales on their name alone.

Please, please, please let this be the watershed moment that sees the world embrace Hi-Res multichannel audio.

I believe "Brothers in Arms" is in the initial batch of Universals' BD-A releases next month..! :D

I think we need to ask Jon/Neil/Bob/Linda (etc..!) to start some new Forum threads/section for this new drive by Universal for the BD-A format, in order to get it maximum exposure and discussion here on QQ..?!??

I believe "Brothers in Arms" is in the initial batch of Universals' BD-A releases next month..! :D

I think we need to ask Jon/Neil/Bob/Linda (etc..!) to start some new Forum threads/section for this new drive by Universal for the BD-A format, in order to get it maximum exposure and discussion here on QQ..?!??

Agreed. Let's Push Things Forward! :D

[video=youtube_share;8UGtlUMMkOU]http://youtu.be/8UGtlUMMkOU[/video]

haha..!

while not my default cuppa cha., I always thought "The Streets" would make for ideal surround remixes! :D

..speaking of Coldplay, as you were just now in relation to thrusting the new BD-A drive, FM., are Coldplay technically on Universal now UMG have bought EMI or did Sony get Parlophone's artists? or did Coldplay abandon ship altogether before the big sell-off..!?

If Coldplay are on UMG now, they MUST get their stuff out in this format pronto!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back