Yes "Fragile": DVD-A/BluRay Out October 30th (Remixed by Steven Wilson)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ed, :)

Check this out:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Support-Steven-Wilson&highlight=steven+wilson

Steven sells direct and he gets a bigger cut(from what I have heard.) So I always buy his mixes from his store. My way to say thank you to him and directly show him my interest in his 5.1 remixing projects... Just food for thought.

Cheers!

DMJ

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the suggestion. This is actually my only let down from Bull Moose so far. Last week they delivered "Zappa Roxy the Movie", this past Wednesday they delivered "A Passion Play" and "Benefit", and my status page shows that "The Beatles 1+" will be arriving today. Since I've only had time so far to listen to "A Passion Play" I still have 2 Tull disks and the 2 Beatles disks to enjoy until "Fragile" arrives.

Anticipation is making me crazy !!! :)
Thanks again,
Ed

I just finished 'side one' of the 5.1 mix. Superb. The wealth of quality surround releases this past week or so has left me blissfully overwhelmed.

Just saw this at SHTV:

Can't wait to get home and see if mine's arrived from Burning Shed.

Also, this note from SW's Remixes FB page. No Tales, it seems, at least for now:

"This is the fourth and final release scheduled in the classic Yes album remixes series at present.
"

This stabbed me deep. My most hoped-for 5.1 mix except for CttE. I feel like they've been teasing us w/ it for a while- now they're dropping it? I know SW has worked on this- what could the hold-up be? Not that anyone who actually had any real info would be allowed to say...

Was so happy today getting 1+ (yes, the 5.1 mixes are underwhelming, but still loving the release) and now all I can see is red...

Just saw this at SHTV:

This stabbed me deep. My most hoped-for 5.1 mix except for CttE. I feel like they've been teasing us w/ it for a while- now they're dropping it? I know SW has worked on this- what could the hold-up be? Not that anyone who actually had any real info would be allowed to say...

Was so happy today getting 1+ (yes, the 5.1 mixes are underwhelming, but still loving the release) and now all I can see is red...

WTF...!?!? afaik the mixes are done..?? :(

Just saw this at SHTV:

That's devastating! I'd much rather have Tales than overplayed Fragile.

I'm still waiting for amazon.com to ship mine even though it was pre-ordered about a month ago. They've got them in stock. They just want me to wait. It says shipping estimate Nov. 11. That's not when I receive it though, that may be around the 20th or so. Hopefully before I leave on my XGiving trip.

I've never overplayed Fragile, so that's not a problem. I've heard it probably less than 10 times, even though I've owned it on cassette and dvd-audio.

That's devastating! I'd much rather have Tales than overplayed Fragile.

Fragile wasn't "overplayed;" Roundabout was overplayed. Most albums have at least one song that was overplayed. In my opinion, that doesn't make them less desirable than albums without such songs.

WTF...!?!? afaik the mixes are done..?? :(

I know I've read on here somewhere that he had worked on them- was there mention he had completed them? I seem to remember reading that as well, but my memory ain't always so good these days... It isn't just the disappointment of not getting this, but also the fact something smells really fishy... (and no, this is not a reference to Squire). I'm thinking somehow some exec somewhere made a stupid choice thaty screws over us fans- an all too common occurrence, as we all know.

Just saw this at SHTV:

It's kind of strange how SW tacks on "at present" at the end of his FaceBook post. I mean if it really was the end you'd just say "final release in the series". Period. You wouldn't say "at present" because then it becomes a deliberate attempt to make the statement not applicable to the future. I'm not sure but it just strikes me as slightly odd. Is there something he's knows but is not telling us. Ah speculation - such a wonderful thing!

Fragile wasn't "overplayed;" Roundabout was overplayed. Most albums have at least one song that was overplayed. In my opinion, that doesn't make them less desirable than albums without such songs.

Well, if you count concerts and radio, Fragile has been played many many more times than Tales. I don't know if over-played is the exact wording, but Fragile has certainly gotten much more exposure than Tales. Personally, I'd much rather have had Tales, even though I love Fragile (and I have over-played it myself).

I know I've read on here somewhere that he had worked on them- was there mention he had completed them? I seem to remember reading that as well, but my memory ain't always so good these days... It isn't just the disappointment of not getting this, but also the fact something smells really fishy... (and no, this is not a reference to Squire). I'm thinking somehow some exec somewhere made a stupid choice thaty screws over us fans- an all too common occurrence, as we all know.

Are these SW posts what you were thinking of?
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?20562-Further-Yes-reissues&p=257166&viewfull=1#post257166

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...r-Yes-reissues&p=257153&viewfull=1#post257153

It's kind of strange how SW tacks on "at present" at the end of his FaceBook post. I mean if it really was the end you'd just say "final release in the series". Period. You wouldn't say "at present" because then it becomes a deliberate attempt to make the statement not applicable to the future. I'm not sure but it just strikes me as slightly odd. Is there something he's knows but is not telling us. Ah speculation - such a wonderful thing!

I had the same thought about "at present," but that gives me little solace. Given how long these things take to come out, if there was any plan to release any time next year, I doubt he'd say it's the end, at present or otherwise. And given how so may of these projects end up getting shelved, any long delay could become permanent. I just can't imagine any reason why they'd plan to release it, but delay it indefinitely. But then who knows what goes in behind the scenes- only those who can't speak about it.

Great catch! Those are certainly part of the story, though there may have been even more relevant posts. But both those posts seem to hint that he did some work, but didn't necessarily complete the album. Also, when he mentions shifting focus away from Tales to the "hit" albums (SW's quotation marks), that makes me wonder if the "Powers That Be" (those Assholes) decided Tales doesn't have enough sales potential to complete the project.

Thanks for the effective research- for some reason the like and thanks buttons have disappeared, so I'll do it the 'ol fashioned way...

Exactly correct. Even yesterday, listening to the Fragile BD, I skipped Roundabout.
It's like Stairway To Heaven. I got sick of it back in the day.
My feeling was then as now, there's so much better on this album.
Doesn't mean it's not a great, great song, just that I'm burned out on it.
Fragile is really a singular work of music as is Zep IV.
Being objective Roundabout is not Stairway To Heaven, a truly great piece of music but it doesn't matter.
IMO, Fragile is a great album. One of my all time favorites that I love listening to after a zillion times.
It stands the test of time. Nough said.

This is the fourth and final release scheduled in the classic Yes album remixes series at present.

Re-read SW's text today and think more about these highlighted words; you don't know what you don't know! :chill

This is the fourth and final release scheduled in the classic Yes album remixes series at present.

Re-read SW's text today and think more about these highlighted words; you don't know what you don't know! :chill

I know, I know! I raised some doubt already about what people were saying. TY for adding more doubt. I hope you are right.

"Tales" was or is planned. I heard this from someone who worked on all of these Yes packages. They are a credited production team member, so I trust their word. However things do change - they could have decided like based on Relayer sales, it was not worth it. I never said Relayer did not do well. I just said anything and any reason is enough to call it a day and not do their most controversial title of the classic lineup. Plus it's a double. They are going slow.

I wasn't going to weigh in on this particular discussion given how charged up things are at the moment, but Tim articulated my basic thought on this in a very effective and concise way.

To further that point, think about this statement also taken from Steven Wilson's Remixes Facebook page:
Please note that as a rule I can’t talk about projects that I’m involved in (and may even have completed) if they have not been officially announced by the artist and/or record company. And let’s just say that at any given moment there are usually a few of those.
(AFAIK, Yes and Panegyric have never officially said that "Tales" has been remixed and will eventually be released in the expanded format, so even if Steven completely finished remixing "Tales", he would not be able to say so.)

Then, there are these statements regarding specific projects:
One remix project completed some time ago which is planned for issue later this year, is the classic 1972 debut album by Roxy Music.
Remixes expected to be released this year, but yet to be scheduled are; Roxy Music's first album, XTC “Oranges and Lemons”, 2 of Steve Hackett’s early Charisma albums, King Crimson “Beat”, another album from the Yes (official) catalogue, and perhaps one or two others. Further release information will be posted here when I have it.
There are still a few finished remixes that are yet to be scheduled for release (notably 2 more for King Crimson, and the debut Roxy Music album), otherwise the above (the 2015 releases) goes a long way to bringing things up to date with regard to what was done and awaiting release.

All of these posts are there to show how things can change at any given moment, not to mention that Steven Wilson can't control if something is released or how long it takes something to get released. Otherwise, if he did have that power, I'm certain we would have every remix he's already completed out in released form for us to enjoy.
As we have witnessed, certain things can languish (like "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair") while other releases leap up out of nowhere and race to the head of the pack (like "Octopus" this year) so nothing is certain until it's in our hands. Speaking purely from my own point of view, I think the choice of the word "final" was a poor one as I don't think we have seen the end of this series yet, but I also think we may have to wait until next fall (2016) to know for sure.

In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to buy any of the already released Yes reissues if you haven't done so already...

I guess I over-reacted and appreciate all those trying to keep a more positive spin. I guess there remains hope an SW re-mixed Tales will appear at some point. But the uncertainty bothers me. But what bothers me most is that after CttE, I kept waiting for each of the next releases to be Tales. Then came TYA, then Relayer, then Fragile. After each, my hopes for Tales to be next was raised higher. When Fragile was announced, then I was SURE Tales would be next and my wait would soon be over. Now, I know it won't be coming soon, if at all.

But I've cooled down a bit. Still, thoroughly disappointed, but in the Grand Scheme of Things...

Life gets easier when you accept that there are things you cannot know on your own terms or timetable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back