Bob Dylan Live - Bootleg Series Vol 6 - Audio Fidelity 5.0 Multichannel SACD (March 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard that theory before after importcds cancelled a pre order...but it's hard to believe that is the case and makes zero sense...why list it just to cancel it? the current pre order date is 3/18..so it would be over 30 days...I also heard they they cancelled a pre order because the price was too low...that was totally false...in my case even if deepdiscount issued a 15% discount it would still exceed the price of importcds...I like deepdiscount but I'm not that enamored with them for every single release..

Clint, I stopped ordering from ImportCD because I have had several pre~orders canceled. They also have a handling charge of $2.99 per order plus $1.49 per item so when all is said and done, that's why I prefer Deep Discount. I can almost guarantee you that the Dylan Bootleg (DD current price $50.10) will also go down roughly another $4 or $5 in a few weeks.......Most of the AF QUADs are usually 'initially' listed at $26.99 then go down to $23.99 before release date.

And yes, right now, ImportCD has the best price on the Dylan Bootleg but it won't be released until March 18 so guaranteed they'll cancel the pre~order...if you order it NOW! Maybe it's time to read Donald Trump's "The Art of the Deal" Yeah, RIGHT.:yikes

BTW, how is the Hong Kong SACD of Santana's Greatest Hits?

Clint, I stopped ordering from ImportCD because I have had several pre~orders canceled. They also have a handling charge of $2 per order plus $1.49 per item so when all is said and done, that's why I prefer Deep Discount. I can almost guarantee you that the Dylan Bootleg (current price $50.10) will also go down roughly another $4 or $5 in a few weeks.......Most of the AF QUADs are usually 'initially' listed at $26.99 then go down to $23.99 before release date.

BTW, how is the Hong Kong SACD of Santana's Greatest Hits?

I know some people had some pre orders cancelled...but it's not for the reason you stated...they charge for shipping and in my case tax...that's it..if you want to include the term "handling"...that's fine..in this case it's still $2.99...I've had quite a few orders from them...but the assertion that they will cancel pre orders that extend over 30 days is just not true..period...they would only lose customers and gain nothing...they don't charge you until the item ships...I've heard all these theories before..and they usually follow a cancellation..look...I have nothing against deepdiscount...I order from them also...wherever I get the best deal...but with the added $5 discount I received today...deepdiscount can't match that...and if it does get cancelled it won't be due to any 30 day policy...and if they do I lose nothing..I'll just go to my next outlet...people always have some consipiracy theory when things don't go as expected..I know for a fact they they have had distribution problems from their source...at times...but anyway...if you want to believe that it's some other reason...fine with me....and if deepdiscount or some other outlet beats that price I'll dump my importcds order...no problem...I have no allegiance to them or anyone else...and if Bullmoose would get closer in price I'd go with them because I'm building points..

In regards to Santana...I'm very pleased with the results...I didn't expect a reference sounding disc...I just wanted one that didn't sound compressed....and it's fine in that regard...I'm already thinking of buying another one...as long as they can provide better content than what others are offering...I will purchase another one...and yesasia provided a well packaged product that arrived quickly...much faster than amazon UK...and packaged much better than deepdiscount or importcds..does Marpow like his Santana disc?...haven't heard from him about it...instead of reading "the art of the deal"...maybe you should read the "art of war" Sun Tzu is more informed than Trump:)

Just answer this one question....why would any business advertise a product that is more than 30 days away from a release when they have a 30 day cancellation policy and they gain no money in the process and alienate the potential customer...if you can give me a logical answer I'll tell you where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and we can fly to Paris and have drinks with Jim Morrison..

Clint Eastwood said: In regards to Santana...I'm very pleased with the results...I didn't expect a reference sounding disc...I just wanted one that didn't sound compressed....and it's fine in that regard...I'm already thinking of buying another one...as long as they can provide better content than what others are offering...I will purchase another one...and yesasia provided a well packaged product that arrived quickly...much faster than amazon UK...and packaged much better than deepdiscount or importcds..does Marpow like his Santana disc?...haven't heard from him about it...instead of reading "the art of the deal"...maybe you should read the "art of war" Sun Tzu is more informed than Trump:)

Just answer this one question....why would any business advertise a product that is more than 30 days away from a release when they have a 30 day cancellation policy and they gain no money in the process and alienate the potential customer...if you can give me a logical answer I'll tell you where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and we can fly to Paris and have drinks with Jim Morrison..[/QUOTE]

Sounds logical to me but I have had more than a few items canceled by ImportCDs.

Wasn't "The Art of War" made into a film starring Nic Cage (arms dealers?) And the thought of a Trump Presidency is HORRIFYING!

BTW, ImportCDs has great deals on MoFi SACDs. And how did YOU score the $5 coupon from Import CD (frequent buyer perk?)

Glad you recommend the Santana GH SACD. It received mixed reviews over @ HRAudio but I take those reviews with a grain of salt. I'm just happy that it's NOT compressed.

Hoffa and Morrison are currently having cocktails with JFK on that remote Greek Island http://www.bathroomreader.com/2010/11/the-other-jfk-conspiracy/

Clint Eastwood said: In regards to Santana...I'm very pleased with the results...I didn't expect a reference sounding disc...I just wanted one that didn't sound compressed....and it's fine in that regard...I'm already thinking of buying another one...as long as they can provide better content than what others are offering...I will purchase another one...and yesasia provided a well packaged product that arrived quickly...much faster than amazon UK...and packaged much better than deepdiscount or importcds..does Marpow like his Santana disc?...haven't heard from him about it...instead of reading "the art of the deal"...maybe you should read the "art of war" Sun Tzu is more informed than Trump:)

Just answer this one question....why would any business advertise a product that is more than 30 days away from a release when they have a 30 day cancellation policy and they gain no money in the process and alienate the potential customer...if you can give me a logical answer I'll tell you where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and we can fly to Paris and have drinks with Jim Morrison..

Sounds logical to me but I have had more than a few items canceled by ImportCDs.

Wasn't "The Art of War" made into a film starring Nic Cage (arms dealers?) And the thought of a Trump Presidency is HORRIFYING!

BTW, ImportCDs has great deals on MoFi SACDs. And how did YOU score the $5 coupon from Import CD (frequent buyer perk?)

Glad you recommend the Santana GH SACD. It received mixed reviews over @ HRAudio but I take those reviews with a grain of salt. Glad it's NOT compressed.[/QUOTE]

Here is how I got the $5 promo code

I don't get into political conversations...it's a no win situation...but let's just say that when I was in college and a political science major I never envisioned the lowest common denominator as the norm in the recent elections... in regards to the front runners in this current campaign on both sides...I wouldn't trust any of them to watch my dog...and I don't own a dog...they have gone beyond having to scrape the bottom of the barrel..it's like having to choose between cancer or aids..a no win sceniario...unfortunately its the real life Kobayashi Maru and Kirk can't cheat...

The fact that you have had more than a few cancellations has nothing to do with this supposed 30 day policy...I'd speculate that it's a distribution problem...but it's speculation on my part..

Glad you recommend the Santana GH SACD. It received mixed reviews over @ HRAudio but I take those reviews with a grain of salt. Glad it's NOT compressed.

I don't get into political conversations...it's a no win situation...but let's just say that when I was in college and a political science major I never envisioned the lowest common denominator as the norm in the recent elections... in regards to the front runners in this current campaign on both sides...I wouldn't trust any of them to watch my dog...and I don't own a dog...they have gone beyond having to scrape the bottom of the barrel..it's like having to choose between cancer or aids..a no win sceniario...unfortunately its the real life Kobayashi Maru and Kirk can't cheat...

The fact that you have had more than a few cancellations has nothing to do with this supposed 30 day policy...I'd speculate that it's a distribution problem...but it's speculation on my part..[/QUOTE]

Well, Clint....you've inspired me. $40 is all I will pay (delivered) for Dylan. The Chase (hunt) is ON.

Regarding Religion/Politics: TABOO subjects. But everyone has an opinion....and it's really no fun keeping it to yourself.

Perhaps we should build a wall around Washington.......OOPs...it's already THERE!

The fact that you have had more than a few cancellations has nothing to do with this supposed 30 day policy...I'd speculate that it's a distribution problem...but it's speculation on my part..

Well, Clint....you've inspired me. $40 is all I will pay (delivered) for Dylan. The Chase (hunt) is ON.

Regarding Religion/Politics: TABOO subjects. But everyone has an opinion....and it's really no fun keeping it to yourself.

Perhaps we should build a wall around Washington.......OOPs...it's already THERE![/QUOTE]

Ask yourself this...is the wall to protect us from them...or to protect them from us...and that's all I will say on that topic...

Just my two cents worth, but if you don't like the music enough to buy it, don't buy it.

And I would hope that those who don't like Dylan would not try for the giveaway copies. Please leave the freebees to be won by those who love the music but can't afford the disc.

Seems reasonable to me.

Ok folks...I have an "update" to share...so I put the Bob Dylan item in the shopping cart at importcds...I went thru the process to see what the final price would be with shipping(I inputed my zip code)and tax and just left it there...so a few minutes ago I get this email from importcds giving me a $5 off promo code(it only works for me or I'd list it here)to use on any product until Friday the 19th...so I went ahead and applied it to the Dylan set and that brought my purchased price to $41.91...with tax and shipping included...that was just too good to pass up...now if some of you like Ralphie who doesn't have to pay tax can get this additional discount it would bring the total under $40.00...there is no harm in trying...just put an item in the cart and get your final price and don't check out and just leave it there and see if importcds sends you a email discount code to use...no harm in trying:)

Thanks Clint, I'm in. Good price on the Spectrum SACD also at Importcds. Hopefully I receive the $5 discount but if I don't I will purchase these two anyway. Thanks again!

John

Thanks Clint, I'm in. Good price on the Spectrum SACD also at Importcds. Hopefully I receive the $5 discount but if I don't I will purchase these two anyway. Thanks again!

John

You have plenty of time....I'll keep an eye on the price swings...not sure why they gave me that $5 on that day.....it's happened before when I left something in the shopping cart..no harm trying:)

No more "2 CD Set"....

dylan_2sacd.jpg

Back