Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A beer and a live concert, Yoshi approves:

IMG_9696web_zpsvfi1exd0.jpg

Speckled Hen for me :brew listening to Nosound - Scintilla bluray. Loving it, and the music :woopie !!

We need a new thread - Drinking now, with surround :steering: :banana:

Some Red Wine after dinner - before it's Brandy time - enjoying this:

IMG_9697web_zpssopl4smd.jpg

This is something else.... very cool, pop songs backed by a symphony orchestra and You are sitting in the middle of the orchestra :)

Pretty awesome :)

I wanna love you - only when I'm drunk...

Right! These Esoteric releases are just awesome. Attention to detail, and this one comes with a little poster and on backside has lyrics. Very nice...oh and a booklet with lots of good tidbits of information.

there was this gal with backside lyrics too, "this way up" I think they said... or maybe it was "slippery when wet".. :ugham:

wocka wocka woo woo.. :D etc..

these are beautiful little releases from Esoteric, indeed.. and all for a very nice price.. I wish the surround were a bit more discrete and adventurous but they're not unique in that, I feel that way a lot, I blame those wacky ol' Quads.. :eek:

Speckled Hen for me :brew listening to Nosound - Scintilla bluray. Loving it, and the music :woopie !!

I'll have a warm Tramp Juice, followed by a Wife Beater on the rocks, steady on the tabasco.

(I don't know what any of that means but it sounded funny in that movie... :eek: )

Ok, a G&T, ice and a slice, thanks! :friday:

Some Red Wine after dinner - before it's Brandy time - enjoying this:

IMG_9697web_zpssopl4smd.jpg

This is something else.... very cool, pop songs backed by a symphony orchestra and You are sitting in the middle of the orchestra :)

Pretty awesome :)

I wanna love you - only when I'm drunk...

Ooh I must get this! :banana: Had no idea Mika had ever done anything in 5.1, music made for surround! :yikes

Thanks Spock! (y)

Ooh I must get this! :banana: Had no idea Mika had ever done anything in 5.1, music made for surround! :yikes

Thanks Spock! (y)

I'm enjoying this a lot, excellent surround. Never seen firewood used in a classical setting before, you get to see it here. And Mika has an awesome suit, I want one.

Here's a review, Adam ....... I, personally, NEVER heard of him: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mika-Sinfonia-Pop-Blu-ray/153727/#Review

Oh yeah he was kinda hard to miss in the UK a few years ago, he had a song "Grace Kelly" that was one of those catchily annoying tunes that was always on the tv or radio in some shape or form at the time.. though there were many other things on that album I preferred (Relax, Take It Easy.. Love Today.. Billy Brown.. Big Girl You Are Beautiful..) dont know what he is upto these days.. doing Surround Blu-rays apparently! :D

Edit: The album was called "Life In Cartoon Motion" and wasn't out a few years ago, it came out in 2007.. blimey.. time flies when you're getting decrepit! :yikes

Don't forget to vote on the Poll - Giancarlo would like to show KScope the positive vibes! Mind you after drinking Old Speckled Hen you'll be lucky to see the screen, at least that's my excuse!

:yikes

Oh, man, NO!

But I agree with the picture lacking some quality, 1080i - I see it on my 106" screen, but I think it will look fine on a tv.

I did order it Spock......I don't pay attention to the reviews @ Blu~Ray.com because they're WAY off sometimes regarding picture and sound quality. Always on the look~out for new artists [at least to me] so thanks for the recommendation.

Back