Tangerine Dream - In Search Of Hades pre-order live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeeezzz, looks like a huge Lorry rolled over mine; luckily it looks OK. Just one end of the larger outside box that got crushed!
I'm going to take a different approach on this TOMBS, I'm gonna listen to all the CDs on headphones first (many I've never heard before) and then pop the Surround titles in and wallow in the SW ambient brilliance.
Think I'm Crazy? - We'll duh🤗

View attachment 41165

Pupsta, so glad your HADES box set survived that vicious PIT BULL ATTACK [my copy from AMAZONUK was likewise externally mangled but SURVIVED intact].

You can listen to those 18 discs anyway you'd like. But the surround BD~As are the CHERRIES🍒 on the TOP!

I pre-ordered this from Amazon and it still shows as no ship date
WTH
Anyone else having this problem
Better yet, anyone got a line on where to buy it and actually get it?

UPS just dropped off my Amazon UK order - outer box condition had me a bit concerned but like other sets I've got from them the inner box did the trick and the set is in perfect shape. We're busy making dinner for company but I did slip away to give the contents a quick look.....just gorgeous.

Of course as usual with a couple grandkids living here (an end to that is in the distance, but it's there) finding the time to actually listen is the problem. It'll come though, and the core albums within are ones I always enjoyed but never got on CD before so this set is a very very welcome addition to my collection.

Only just ordered this, I couldn't resist any longer after seeing the posts here saying how good it was, it should arrive next week. These are the Tangs albums I own already (I couldnt get the gatefolds out of the sleeves, they seem to have glued themselves in) My favourites are Force Majeure & Ricochet, it took me ages to find Quantum Gate for the photo, it was somehow filed amongst my 'H' CDs:rolleyes:

Edit: Force Majeure is the clear vinyl!

Last edited:
What is the sound quality on the cds?...

I've only checked out the unreleased Coventry concert so far, but this sounds promising:

Force Majeure has always been one of my absolute favorite TD albums
This new remaster is phenomenal. There's so much new subtlety to hear here
Bravo!

I don't think this "method" reflects very much on the vendor...it's influenced heavily by geographic location...and I'm not talking about inside the US vs outside the US(like in the UK)...if you use the Postal Service or Amazon(US) it just depends if you live close to one of the transportation hubs used by both USPS and amazon....here is an example from my own experience...I send things to a town in Texas that is 1519 miles from me...I also send things to Miami which is 286 miles from me....it reaches the Texas town quicker every time...sometimes by 2 days....if you just look at the distance...it doesn't seem possible....but the Texas connection is quicker due to the tranportation hub in place....

Same principle on amazonUS...if I purchase something that is available at one their Florida warehouses...I can get it quicker than prime shipping...at no cost...because of the proximity...

IMO you aren't really judging the vendor using this method...a more useful metric would be to judge the vendor on price and package quality...those are more important to me than how quickly I get it..

I thank you for your post, but it is hard for me to embrace your hypothesis. My vendor says they shipped the order on 6/16, several days after other members RECEIVED their orders. Perhaps it would be more useful by your logic to track the ship-from dates of each vendor. As Private Universe has already observed, this may be down to when it is available to them or permitted by the label to ship. And this variable may change for each release. Still, I am curious about my original question using this release as a guide. It might be possible to track other releases and look for patterns. Like Chicago Quadio, which I was one of the first to get from Bull Moose. Not sure I will pursue this project myself...

Oh, plus I live near Denver, which is an air transportation hub. I understand about distribution facilities, but I can say there is no trouble getting things to me by air.

I finished with my immersion into the 2019 box set of Tangerine Dream-In Search Of Hades. The box set was not enough to convert me to a Tangerine Dream fan.
I appreciated the box set, one of the best layouts I have seen.
I ripped most of the CD's to FLAC 16/44.1 and the 3 albums from Blu Ray 5.1-24/96.
I have read the book and watched the two videos. I could never tell you who of the three musicians is playing what as they just sit there and touch keyboards and knobs. There obviously is a big fan base for Tangerine Dream as they have been quite popular over the years.
I cannot tell if Steven Wilson did an excellent job with the BD remix as the music is so foreign to me. I can say it is discrete and fun to advance my surround listening experience.
I enjoyed my experience and I hope you will to, but it might be awhile before I listen again and I probably won't vote in the polls as I don't feel confident in my experience.

I finished with my immersion into the 2019 box set of Tangerine Dream-In Search Of Hades. The box set was not enough to convert me to a Tangerine Dream fan.
I appreciated the box set, one of the best layouts I have seen.
I ripped most of the CD's to FLAC 16/44.1 and the 3 albums from Blu Ray 5.1-24/96.
I have read the book and watched the two videos. I could never tell you who of the three musicians is playing what as they just sit there and touch keyboards and knobs. There obviously is a big fan base for Tangerine Dream as they have been quite popular over the years.
I cannot tell if Steven Wilson did an excellent job with the BD remix as the music is so foreign to me. I can say it is discrete and fun to advance my surround listening experience.
I enjoyed my experience and I hope you will to, but it might be awhile before I listen again and I probably won't vote in the polls as I don't feel confident in my experience.

Hey marpow, great to hear you dug the surround mixes even without being familiar with the music. This giant set is in my Amazon.co.uk cart until it's back in stock and the NZ dollar sorts itself out so am hoping to have it soonish. The content wouldn't be enough to convert me to a TD fan either but if you're interested, here are other albums from the 70's up until the 2000's that are my favourite TD's (I've probably missed a few too) that you can probably Youtube:

Zeit
Atem
Sorcerer
White Eagle
Hyperborea
Le Parc
Green Desert (this one's my favourite)
Underwater Sunlight
Optical Race
Lily on the Beach (not a popular album cos it's so 80's but I dig it)
Oasis
Rockoon
The Seven Letters from Tibet

Hope you get some listening enjoyment out of them.

Such a shame that Rubycon, Stratosfear, Cyclone & Force Majeure weren't also done in surround.
I know. It really makes me question Virgin's credibility. I know that this problem isn't unique to Virgin, but XTC (another Virgin act) have also been having the same problem in tracking down multi-tracks. Virgin really should have done a better job cataloging these valuable assets. The multi-tracks for my favorite Oldfield album, Incantations, are also MIA. Another Virgin act. 😢

My Amazon.UK order went this way after being delivered to UPS...

"Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

Yikes. Funny that I later got an out for delivery from the USPS, and tracking keeps showing a missing delivery scan and reattempt the next day.

I love this alternate cover of Oedipus Tyrannus which shows up while playing the Blu-ray disc. I reckon they should have used this one!

Musicvaultz email me and said it may take another 3 to 14 days for In Search of Hades to arrive from their supplier. I pre-ordered from them on April 14th. They should change their name to Musicfaultz.

Musicvaultz email me and said it may take another 3 to 14 days for In Search of Hades to arrive from their supplier. I pre-ordered from them on April 14th. They should change their name to Musicfaultz.

I also ordered on April 14 from Musicvaultz - this is rather disappointing news, given that this was the only pre-order outlet that Steven Wilson promoted when the box was announced… Live and learn, I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotted this Facebook comment exchange underneath the initial April 16 post on Facebook on the Steven Wilson Remixes page, which posted the Musicvaultz pre-order link:
8309a9f01496e9088fb1947089340d4b.jpg

And interestingly, an April 19 post about the box, three days later, omits the Musicvaultz link, offering only SuperDeluxeEdition and Burning Shed links..

Clint Eastwood previously alluded as to why the MV link may have been pulled
The "suits" want their moment in the sun...translation...they want an official announcement of the release[emoji3166]...those brash hooligans from Canada had the audacity of posting a pre order ahead of the "official" announcement...geeze..what were they thinkingo_O

All this is perhaps a clue as to why Musicvaultz seems to be the last outlet to get any supplies of this box..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Funny experience here. I'm not a Tangerine Dream fan, have listened to Ricochet and Phaedra in Spotify (unfocused listening) and they left me unimpressed. After reading all the high praises for Wilson's mixes here and spotting the box for 120 euros in Amazon Italy (shipping included) I clicked on the preorder button. Preorder info estimated shipping in August, so I said to myself that I will likely have the chance to listen to some samples of the mixes before it arrived and will cancel the order if I didn't like. And o forgot about the order until today, when I got a very unexpected shipping notification!!!
I'll receive it next week, I really hope I'll like it. If not, I may get some benefit selling the box in a while, who knows!

I followed the advice given here and ordered it from yamazon.co.uck and it was a VERY decent price...
Sooo.. Italia too??? cool...

Back