The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if it’s another ‘best of’ or possibly an even bigger surprise.....a brand new XTC album.

I'd missed the first teaser in this series, which says that each of the images revealed so far is "a glimpse of part of the cover to a forthcoming release from APE HOUSE." None of the three obviously comes from the cover of Mummer or English Settlement (or White Music or Go2 or Big Express or Apple Venus or Wasp Star or 25 O'Clock). And none of the reissues so far has given a new cover to an existing album. So...

Last edited:
Yeah, my best guess, at this point, is Andy Partridge solo effort or XTC compilation.

One respondent pointed out that the clock face in clue #1 reads five minutes before 1:00 (i.e., 5.1) and that the flaming image in the latest clue seems to reference "Great Fire"--an argument in favor of a compilation of whatever multitrack masters from Mummer and Big Express they were able to track down. But to my eyes, the clock is actually showing four minutes to 1. And I'm not the only one to speculate that the letters in the lower left, under the pint glasses, are "DY" (as in Andy). So who knows?

One respondent pointed out that the clock face in clue #1 reads five minutes before 1:00 (i.e., 5.1) and that the flaming image in the latest clue seems to reference "Great Fire"--an argument in favor of a compilation of whatever multitrack masters from Mummer and Big Express they were able to track down. But to my eyes, the clock is actually showing four minutes to 1. And I'm not the only one to speculate that the letters in the lower left, under the pint glasses, are "DY" (as in Andy). So who knows?
Some of us are only having some fun, speculating.

But, with that said and in the words of Gene (GOS), who gives a shit?! :ROFLMAO:

The three 3-disc Fuzzy Warble sets that are available now are just a repackaging of the initial releases. It's an inexpensive option to the original's 8 individual releases plus the case to put them in (and included and bonus disc as well). I miss that the liner notes for each song is not included in the more recent bundles as they were for the individual releases, but at least they can be tracked down online. They help to give a little bit of background/context to the songs. ImportCDs currently has them for just over $10 a set, so getting all three will put you out about $30 + shipping. Not bad for 9 discs.

Back