Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vanessa Fernandez: I Want You [Groove Note/Stereo SACD] Audiophile Label Groove Note gives us another slam dunk outing. Recorded on an Ampex ATR124 on 2" Tape @ 30 ips and mastered by Bernie Grundman

See the source image

Selections:
1. Right On For The Darkness
2. I Want You
3. Human
4. Every Time You Go Away
5. Hey Stranger (Album Mix) 6. Angel Dust
7. Tripping Out
8. Billie Jean
9. Creep
10. I Will Survive!
11. Back To Black

12. Hey Stranger (Alternate Mix)
Agreed. I'm listening to it as I type this.

It's an excellent album. Ying Tan at Groove Note also says it may be her best.
I have it here in Stereo DSD 256 and DSD 512.
https://groovenote.nativedsd.com/albums/GRV1200-i-want-you

Thanks Brian. If I hadn't already purchased and ripped the SACD I would have gladly bought the DSD512 download. Heck, I may eventually it spring for it anyway given that it's DSD512 vs. DSD64(the SACD), plus the fact that purchasing it as DSD512 also gives me the DSD256, 128 and 64 downloads at no extra charge. Some also say that downloads often sound superior to rips made at the resolution.

Based on my, thus far, partial first listen, I predict that this should be a big seller for nativeDSD!

Thanks Brian. If I hadn't already purchased and ripped the SACD I would have gladly bought the DSD512 download. Heck, I may eventually it spring for it anyway given that it's DSD512 vs. DSD64(the SACD), plus the fact that purchasing it as DSD512 also gives me the DSD256, 128 and 64 downloads at no extra charge. Some also say that downloads often sound superior to rips made at the resolution.

Based on my, thus far, partial first listen, I predict that this should be a big seller for nativeDSD!

I think it was the # 1 Top Seller in DSD when released. Still one of the Top 5 DSD Best Sellers today.
Definitely worth getting in DSD 512 - and as you note then you get the lower bit rates (DSD 256, 128, 64) at no added cost.

On the downloads, the higher bit rates (DSD 512, DSD 256, DSD 128) are remodulated by Tom Caulfield at the NativeDSD Mastering Lab using the Signalyst modulators by Jussi Laako.
Taking the Groove Note albums to another level. Highly recommended if your DAC, DAP or Optical Disc player has support for these DSD bit rates!
https://groovenote.nativedsd.com/albums/GRV1200-i-want-you

Last edited:
Dang! I contacted the Surround Master people, and it's not compatible with my system--grr!
Clement, I'd seriously suggest thinking outside the box on this, maybe purchase an older second AVR with analog inputs (maybe only $50-150) or something like that! The Smv2 Rocks - just ask @beerking !

Back