Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started my day the Chesky way

1578937092781.png
Christian McBride / Javon Jackson / Jimmy Cobb / Cedar Walton New York Time

On another note: Anyone else out there have a sudden desire to retire to Belize?

Held off on ordering this Tull release. I started watching the video of and I found the video to be a bit distracting. The sound was current and the video was old and my brain couldn't make the connection. Now listening to the audio only 5.1 DTS and I like it better. The center channel of vocals seems a bit too much, a little too much. I'll listen more. Crazed Institution sounds better than Quiz Kid.
Jethro Tull experts feel free to help me learn more about this 2015 release I just got the other day.
71T30PJkjGL._SX522_.jpg

Listening now to the 1976 Flat Transfer of the original quad mix 24/96 DTS. This needs to be turned up to even have a chance. I listened to the 5.1 Steven Wilson remix first and now this 4.0 falls behind but it's not terrible, just cool to actually have it.
View attachment 45240

On my system Markie, the 96/24 LOSSLESS Stereo really shows the inadequacies of the LOSSY DTS 5.1 transfer ..... as it does on ALL those TULL box sets.

You can always POOP in Belize, Clement.......just scoop it up. Love KICK .... Great album.
I'm all good with the pooping; it's the scooping of which my indolent aspect seems incapable. Maybe I'll pass on Belize; isolated thunderstorms all day today and for much of the forecastable future . . .

1578952631518.png
Sting ... Nothing Like The Sun

I'm all good with the pooping; it's the scooping of which my indolent aspect seems incapable. Maybe I'll pass on Belize; isolated thunderstorms all day today and for much of the forecastable future . . .

View attachment 45244 Sting ... Nothing Like The Sun

You have been pounded in the Central States by brutal tornadoes, etc. We had a 60+ degree day in New York yesterday and now they're forecasting a wintry mix for Friday into Saturday. Everyone has a cold and the flu is also rampant. Glad I had my flu and pneumonia shots but I'm still popping cold medicine.

And yes, Clement....There is NOTHING LIKE THE SUN

Last edited:
Back