Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 5 for from the Watford Wizard arrived today.
First off :
Earth Wind and Fire
Spirit and That's The Way of the World two fer

I've tried singing along through my falseteetho!!
But Barry Tone it remains..... :QQlove
I need to find a Thesaurus, as running out of words of praise for these mixes and music.

BLOOMIN' MARVELOUS!!
Hows the mixes on the Ojays and Harold Melvin?.

Oh yes it's the O'Jays.
Survival and Family Reunion.
Surroundtastic!!
With its own splattering of soulful numbers
I remember bopping along to I love Music....them were the days of happy youth. :QQlove

So I have this list of adjectives, as I did say I need to find new words of praise, for Mr Dutton's releases.

magnificent · majestic · splendid · grand · impressive · imposing · awe-inspiring · breathtaking · gorgeous · choice · resplendent · stately · sumptuous · opulent · lavish · luxurious · deluxe · plush · ritzy

Any of these, or all of them, will be less than fitting for this latest batch.
Is it me ,or they actually getting better, in fulfilling our desire for the ultimate in surround sound.

I am being a bit previous, as yet to listen to the other 3 but I bet they make the grade.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

UR - Eva Holm Foosnæs (2L SACD)

Next up:
Harold Melvin and his Blue Notes
Black and Blue , Wake Up Everybody.

Just to hear The Love I Lost...…...

That's all I needed.....

Just the same high quality being maintained by the majestic, mixing master.

don't leave us this way! 🤣

how does Wake Up Everybody sound? 🧐

the one track on the AF compilation aside, this is the album's discrete Quad debut!! 🤯

Helen, I'm always, Reddy.
I vaguely remember her from the early 70's.
She has a fine voice.
Mix, ever so slightly weaker, than the previous 3 releases I've just played.
But that has more to do with the material, rather than the lack of mixing skills.
But that being said, I'm pleased I've added it to my Watford Wardrobe.
She sings with passion and feeling.
That's: I Am Woman And Long Hard Climb

Last edited:
The Miracles
First listen for me, on these two albums.
Love Crazy...Quad
The Miracles...Stereo

Mix very good
Upbeat music.

I think they just lack the class of Earth, O'Jays and Melvin.
Maybe it's because I'm not overly familiar with them after Smokey left, the music is fine but it's very hard to replace the voice of Smokey and his charisma.

I will have to revisit this release soon, to see if I change my views.

The Miracles
First listen for me, on these two albums.
Love Crazy...Quad
The Miracles...Stereo

Mix very good
Upbeat music.

I think they just lack the class of Earth, O'Jays and Melvin.
Maybe it's because I'm not overly familiar with them after Smokey left, the music is fine but it's very hard to replace the voice of Smokey and his charisma.

I will have to revisit this release soon, to see if I change my views.

how cool is "Spy For Brotherhood" in Quad! with all the sound effects at the start and the morse code twiddly synth bits when it gets going! i always loved the out of breath blokey running around in 360 degrees and the aeroplane taking off! whisper whisper.. 👀 tip tap 👣 tip tap 👣 tiptaptiptaptiptap!! 🏃🏾 gasp! 😱 pant! 😲 woosh!! ✈️ bom chicka wow! 💃🏾🕺🏾💅😎

how cool is "Spy For Brotherhood" in Quad! with all the sound effects at the start and the morse code twiddly synth bits when it gets going! i always loved the out of breath blokey running around in 360 degrees and the aeroplane taking off! whisper whisper.. 👀 tip tap 👣 tip tap 👣 tiptaptiptaptiptap!! 🏃🏾 gasp! 😱 pant! 😲 woosh!! ✈ bom chicka wow! 💃🏾🕺🏾💅😎
You will have all that and more Adam, you know that MJ wont let you down with the mix. You can gasp and pant to your hearts desire! :)

Back