Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm indeed.. can't find any info on that release, other than eBay listings and one on cdandlp.. something smells fishy (and i'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble!) 🤔

Perhaps D~V's elves are moonlighting, Adam. The discs arrived today, sealed and played flawlessly and the packaging is certainly legitimate but both discs are MADE in the EU* so until someone comes forward with a better explanation ....... the Jack the Ripperish mystery will continue, unabated.

*small markings on the rear packaging do suggest German made. The package has an almost rubbery texturized matte surface ..... VERY NICE indeed.

Last edited:
the DTS mix with slides.. brilliant!!!
R-6101808-1536655853-9265.jpeg.jpg

Perhaps D~V's elves are moonlighting, Adam. The discs arrived today, sealed and played flawlessly and the packaging is certainly legitimate but both discs are MADE in the EU* so until someone comes forward with a better explanation ....... the Jack the Ripperish mystery will continue, unabated.

*small markings on the rear packaging do suggest German made. The package has an almost rubbery texturized matte surface ..... VERY NICE indeed.

oh, here's another one, this time for Depeche Mode's Violator..

https://www.discogs.com/Depeche-Mode-Violator/release/14311967

think these are pirates tbh but who knows 🤷‍♀️

oh, here's another one, this time for Depeche Mode's Violator..

https://www.discogs.com/Depeche-Mode-Violator/release/14311967

think these are pirates tbh but who knows 🤷‍♀️

I did elaborate on my above post that methinks they are German Made and did add that the almost rubbery texturized matte packaging is rather classy for a bootleg. Wonder if Germany has the ability to manufacture blu~spec RBCDs?

OTOH, Discogs lists country of origin for VIOLATOR as Russia which would suggest a bootlegged copy. The Mystery WIDENS, Comrade Blue!

Last edited:
Please let me know how the blu-ray looks, and sounds! I've been looking hard at that one. Also, is it 5.1?
I had a page typed out and managed to delete it.
Quickly, it's DD 5.1, sounds about like many live concerts, good enough I suppose if not super.
The video is good and clear.
The guys still play well, especially Buck Dharma. Albert Bouchard comes back to play/sing his parts on AOF.
For 20 - 30 bucks a worthwhile purchase.

OK, I found this:
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of their widely celebrated album ‘Agents of Fortune’, Blue Öyster Cult performed the seminal album in its glorious entirety at an exclusive concert for the Audience Music Network on Monday April 18, 2016 at Red Studios in Hollywood, CA in front a lucky little audience of invited guests.
The performance was recorded by an army of cameramen for a DirectTV special, that is now being released on CD/DVD, Blu-Ray, and Vinyl. The intense creative vision of BÖC’s original core duo of vocalist and lead guitarist Donald “Buck Dharma” Roeser, and vocalist and rhythm guitarist Eric Bloom are complemented by Richie Castellano on guitar and keyboards, and the longtime rhythm section comprised of bass guitarist Kasim Sulton, and drummer Jules Radino. As a special guest, founding member Albert Bouchard appears on guitar and vocals on selected tracks, which was a real treat for longtime fans of the band

This DTS Entertainment CD, IMO, and in the opinion of many, should've been included on the blu ray audio disc and would've sounded better in 96/24 resolution as it is WILDLY discrete unlike the BD~A which was AMBIENCE ONLY.
Yeah I have them both, just haven't sat down to compare yet.

Back