Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great recording ...but the Pastoral is WAY too rushed!!!!..oh well...I guess I gotta conduct it and record and mix it in MCH 96/24 if I want it my way...
09745.jpg
...and don't get me started with my story about how I didn't even have to have my Final Test in Conducting (2 semester course) in Berklee...and it was none other than Stravinski's "Rite of Spring"...
been watching "Mozart in the jungle" (GREAT series, BTW) and it took me back to how much fun AND WORK conducting is (grammar, grammar!)....

EDIT: OMG he is still there!!!! Thanks George!!!

Last edited:
So I acquired the Agents of Fortune - 40th Anniversary Live 2016 BD so it's been a monster BOC day with my AOF collection..including the LP I've had basically forever.
IJzJ3U5.jpg

Please let me know how the blu-ray looks, and sounds! I've been looking hard at that one. Also, is it 5.1?

Clement, TOO MUCH IN LOVE TO CARE is AWESOME. Seek and ye shall FIND!

Here's a start

https://www.amazon.com/Much-Love-Ca...ire+Martin+SACD&qid=1581198780&s=music&sr=1-2
And another [much more reasonable]

Claire Martin - Too Much In Love To Care
Life In Surround patient stalking strikes again

1584038841964.png
Claire Martin Too Much In Love To Care

It's a typical Linn Records mix, but what an album! AWESOME as promised! Thank you so very much for turning me onto this gem . . . and thanks to the Palm Springs Public Library patrons for not checking this out enough--I got it for a steal! Such a deal! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Life In Surround patient stalking strikes again

View attachment 47223 Claire Martin Too Much In Love To Care

It's a typical Linn Records mix, but what an album! AWESOME as promised! Thank you so very much for turning me onto this gem . . . and thanks to the Palm Springs Public Library patrons for not checking this out enough--I got it for a steal! Such a deal! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

I can see Clairely now, too, Clem. Am currently spinning this gorgeous multi~ch Linn SACD as well. A very classy lady. So Glad you enjoyed it and got it for a song!

BTW, tomorrow is Friday the 13th and Sunday, the Ides of March ..... Ay, Yi Yi! Wonder if Jason and Julius are in HELL together?🔥😈🔥

Last edited:
Not sure who suggested this album to me. But have to say a big thank you. One of my favourite albums from the 70,s along with Machine Gun (Commodores). The surround on this album is fantastic, cannot believe after all these years getting to hear how this should have been heard back in the day, I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who likes The Ohio Players and forget what people say about DTS being lossy this is an excellent example of how good DTS can be.

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 128
And a GOLD BLU~SPEC RBCD MADE IN THE EU ..... Hmmmm.....thought only the Japanese did Blu~Spec and SHM~CDs.

hmm indeed.. can't find any info on that release, other than eBay listings and one on cdandlp.. something smells fishy (and i'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble!) 🤔

Back