Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Markie, did you know that the original ultra discrete Elliot Scheiner Mix was, at J Z's Request, toned down? Love this BD~V but would've loved to have heard the unaltered original ES REMIX!

See the source image
My suspicion is that all he did was turn down the rears a few db and call it a day. If the rears are juiced a bit it's a plenty-engaging mix, for me anyway.

My suspicion is that all he did was turn down the rears a few db and call it a day. If the rears are juiced a bit it's a plenty-engaging mix, for me anyway.

IMO, it is a state of the art audio video experience. I wish ALL videos looked this good. Reference material. Another DIY knob fiddling exercise? They hired one of THE best in the business to do the remix ......... and then ordered it toned down ...... Geez!

Finally got this Miles Davis surround, listening now and sounds great. Primarily a stereo image with the rears enhancing the fronts, I would not call it discrete with instruments placed in different speakers within the surround field. It is not ambient, but close to it.
The copy I have is SICP 10083 Hybrid stereo/MCH released from SMEJ SMEJ from HRAudio.net
Title Link
513xg+UOZuL.jpg

Finally got this Miles Davis surround, listening now and sounds great. Primarily a stereo image with the rears enhancing the fronts, I would not call it discrete with instruments placed in different speakers within the surround field. It is not ambient, but close to it.
The copy I have is SICP 10083 Hybrid stereo/MCH released from SMEJ SMEJ from HRAudio.net
Title Link
View attachment 47199

Great Markie. It was culled from original three channel masters. BTW, ImportCD also has it for a similar CDJapan price for anyone interested.

https://www.importcds.com/kind-of-blue-hyrbid-sacd/4547366033267

I got my Miles Davis surround disc from Amazon, they just lowered the price to $26.12.
Amazon Miles Davis surround

And yes Mike the 3 fronts are way more discrete than the additions of rears. I put my ear up close to the rears and as I said they are not mono ambient but definitely stereo ambient.
Yeah, concur. To me, the big deal about this disc is those discrete fronts and center. Lots of separation! And I think the surround ambiance is well done.

Back