Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own all the JSP blues recordings and love them all.

BTW, Markie, did you get your Kind of Blue 2007 Japanese pressing from CD Japan, yet? Had to get rid of my soon to be expired Bonus Points from CDJapan and ordered the hybrid Stereo SACD of Yellow Magic Orchestra's PUBLIC PRESSURE newly remastered in 2019 by Bob Ludwig.

Last edited:
One of Stings best albums. great hearing it in surround gives it the space it deserves.

Attachments

• sting.jpg
    sting.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 111
Hey I like cheap. I'll usually shop around to get the best prices. I really hate to order off Amazon, they still refuse to take PayPay and I'd much rather not give out CC numbers to them if I don't have to. NO I don't trust Amazon. ;)

I always try to support the 'little guys' like Bullmoose, Deep Discount and ImportCD whenever I can but since I've been a member of the AmazonUS family since 2007, I can report NEVER had a credit card problem with them ...which is NOT to say it can never happen. Amazon IMO is great for BD~Vs and UHD 4K movies [especially during their cheapo Black Friday sales] but not so much anymore for music and most especially SACDs which is why I find QQ Forum's thread 'sales and discount codes' invaluable since one has the eagle eyes of multiple posters scouring the internet for the best prices on music purchases, etc., which most of us would otherwise normally overlook.

Listening again to Ayreon - The Source, its growing on me more I listen to it, it does drag a bit towards the end but its a great disc overall and fine album , the extras are great too with interviews, video's and behind the scenes

Listening now to this audio/video Blu Ray, super good. I have known about the video and audio quality of this surround disc for years but never purchased. After enjoying Beyonce's Dangerously In Love SACD I just knew I had to get this. On screen videos in Blu Ray are great and surround is great. Over the years I can't tell you how many discs I have purchased that I took a chance on and ended up being duds on the Killing Floor.
This one is a keeper and I like it. Nice to have some stuff in my collection to turn younger folks onto in surround. Funny how Chris Martin of Coldplay and Beyonce are friends and they both have turned out contemporary surround releases. They must know something.
Here is a link to HR Audio.net with a really good comment by QQ member Rickko. Beyonce HR Audio.
Love that I have this Blu Ray.
10544rev1.jpg

Listening now to this audio/video Blu Ray, super good. I have known about the video and audio quality of this surround disc for years but never purchased. After enjoying Beyonce's Dangerously In Love SACD I just knew I had to get this. On screen videos in Blu Ray are great and surround is great. Over the years I can't tell you how many discs I have purchased that I took a chance on and ended up being duds on the Killing Floor.
This one is a keeper and I like it. Nice to have some stuff in my collection to turn younger folks onto in surround. Funny how Chris Martin of Coldplay and Beyonce are friends and they both have turned out contemporary surround releases. They must know something.
Here is a link to HR Audio.net with a really good comment by QQ member Rickko. Beyonce HR Audio.
Love that I have this Blu Ray.
View attachment 47195

But Markie, did you know that the original ultra discrete Elliot Scheiner Mix was, at J Z's Request, toned down? Love this BD~V but would've loved to have heard the unaltered original ES REMIX!

See the source image

Back