Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201220-170811.jpg
    Screenshot_20201220-170811.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 239
I still don't do Atmos yet, but I see this new addtion:
View attachment 60553
Can anyone please check it out and report if it's for real and what it's like? I'm dying to know!

It's Atmos, but as far as I can tell, it was done like all the other Blue Note albums, with a sort of re-engineered "studio ambience." Nice enough, but to my ears, not all that impressive.

One of my Christmas’ presents.......Love it

View attachment 61331

Me too !!

After listening Atmos Yello-Point and Booka Shade-Dear Future Self, I wanted this Steven Wilson mix to be more aggressive.

I have only listened once yet, but compared with the previous two 5.1 mixes it is a big improvement.

Just to mention some instrument circling around the ceiling: It is like the Helicopter Dolby Atmos demo, Version Two, but being played by King Crimson, no less...

I like this one - it's got a nice retro vibe and the mix is pretty good. The others didn't really rock my boat but hoping we get some cool legacy titles creeping out soon... :phones

Wikipedia ID's them as Anderson .Paak's backing band. (And says they're inspired by Stevie Wonder, BB King, Herbie Hancock, and Al Green.)

Blisss by Rodriguez Jr. Never heard of him but found as a new release on Tidal in Dolby Atmos and wow is this fully immersive and discrete!
View attachment 59555
Great that you liked it!
I mixed this album and also the follow-up EP from Rodriguez Jr. called "Hydra"
There's more artists from that label coming this year in Atmos!

Great that you liked it!
I mixed this album and also the follow-up EP from Rodriguez Jr. called "Hydra"
There's more artists from that label coming this year in Atmos!

Thanks for a great mix Eric! It’s a really good one that’s not afraid to utilise all the Atmos channels - works really well.

Some of the Atmos stuff coming out of Germany right now is outstanding. The only downside is the compression on Tidal undercuts the impact a little... Maybe they’ll be lossless downloads to purchase as well one day?

Look forward to checking out some more stuff... :phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back