The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0674.JPG

An old Dutch boy, probably no longer with us.

Lamar is sharpening his paws. Lmao

When I was a kid my grandparents had a Siamese cat, he used to roll on his back and get you to stroke him, then you'd see the 'glint' in his eye and if you weren't quick enough he'd lacerate your hand! He also used to wait for you to pass him on the stairs then go for the backs of your legs. It wasn't just humans, their neighbours had two Dalmatians and he'd sit in the hedge and wait for then to be walking past and jump out and attack their rear-ends. He also particularly liked to try to scratch the sofa in their front room, no other chair would do. The rest of the time he was very friendly! :LOL:

halbroome sorry for your loss. We all know what we sign up for when we adopt a pet and it always ends the same. All we can do is love and enjoy them while they are here. I’m sure you gave your beloved dog the best life possible.

Not technically mine, but, a friend has property and has two main female barn cats; Gem & Gypsy. Gypsy had one litter this year and Gem has had two. This is her second.
Pretty much every year I do my best to raise up the kittens and make sure they're healthy and not feral. Generally speaking we've always been able to find them homes.
We're kinda surprised Gem only had three, but her spring litter was six so I think she's just tired! lol

Of this batch, the little tuxedo-sporting gentleman is super chill. I think he'll make someone a great housecat. The tabby is a little cautious but she warms up to people fairly quickly. Runty McGoo on the other hand is a little fireball. I came around the corner the afternoon and heard her little "mew" and she just came rip-roaring out to meet me.
Keep in mind, these guys are maybe 5-6 weeks old at best. She's just fearless! She'll be a spunky, energy-filled kitty for someone for sure!

KITTENS FALL BATCH 006.JPG

OK, too much cuteness for a while on this thread, time to get back to the harsh reality of spooky, yet beautiful, critters. This is an Australian garden orb-weaver that lives in my grapevine trellis. It comes out at night, spins a web hoping to catch any insect flying by, then goes back under the leaves during the day to avoid predators. Repeat.

Australian garden orb-weaver spider.jpg

Back