Van Halen Mobile Fidelity SACDs now available for pre-orders

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did come from AP but during one of Music Directs 20% off sales it was included so I bit. Now almost every SACD disc offered during one of Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct's [and for that matter Elusive Disc's] sales are INELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER DISCOUNTS. BUMMER!
This is my first time buying something from Music Direct. I just ASSumed they only sold MOFI products, maybe I need to look a little closer at MD's other offerings. Thanks for that info.

It did come from AP but during one of Music Directs 20% off sales it was included so I bit. Now almost every SACD disc offered during one of Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct's [and for that matter Elusive Disc's] sales are INELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER DISCOUNTS. BUMMER!

Seems to be on a disc by disc basis at Elusive. Some have the exempt from discount message, others do not. I usually throw whatever I’m interested in into my cart and see what happens.

My last order, on Boxing Day, I got 10% off on one Impex SACD and two Analogue Productions SACDs.
Some of the MoFis would have worked too

Seems to be on a disc by disc basis at Elusive. Some have the exempt from discount message, others do not. I usually throw whatever I’m interested in into my cart and see what happens.

My last order, on Boxing Day, I got 10% off on one Impex SACD and two Analogue Productions SACDs.
Some of the MoFis would have worked too

I got some great deals from Elusive disc recently and for some inexplicable reason, they never charge me sales tax which I consider an additional almost 9% OFF! And I did qualify for free Fed Ex s/h!

Gene, did you decide to order directly from MoFi and be charged immediately or are you opting to 'take your chances' and order from their parent company MusicDirect and opt for free s/h [via fed ex] over $49 in purchases?

BTW, does MoFi [direct] offer free s/h? Cannot find any info on their website.

Anyone pre~order ELO's Eldorado ...another upcoming SACD Stereo title from MoFi? Shipping in Spring of 2022!
I pre-ordered Eldorado SACD back in November. I’ve listened to the album once on YouTube. Other than that, ordered it strictly through praise (word of mouth). At that time it was unsure and going back and forth whether it would get the OneStep treatment. It has been confirmed now that it will, but who knows how long that will take. Not important enough for me to wait. As I stated earlier, I’m still waiting for Tapestry OneStep a year later.

Presumably, since MoFi is also releasing their one step $125 Vinyl Editions, all of these Van Halen pressings [SACD/Vinyl] will be from the Original Analogue Masters. Do we know where the 192/24 HD Track editions come from??????
The original analog masters.

Music Direct owns MoFi

Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs
Parent companyMusic Direct
Founded1977
FounderBrad Miller

Yep. I remember some 10 years ago I met the parents of the guy who started and owns Music Direct. This was on an Amtrak train where they pair people up for dining because of lack of seating in the dining car. Usually this is uncomfortable at best, but sometimes the people are really nice.

My wife and I sat with this older couple then on a cross-country trip that we were taking, and making small talk with them to pass the time. They mentioned that their son owned a record company of some kind and my ears perked up. They mentioned that it was previously called MFSL and by then they had my full attention 🙂.

I started reeling off the whole history of MFSL and those two parents looked as proud as could be. It was like finally......someone knew what their son did. Nice couple and by the time I got home I had received a catalog from Music Direct with a letter thanking me for being so nice with his parents.

Here is the story behind the Van Halen 1-Step Vinyls
https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/V...d-UltraDisc-One-Step-45rpm-Vinyl-2LP-Box-Set)
They are limited to 15,000 I know that’s a lot but for Van Halen 1, I bet they will sell out on pre-order

The other editions of this VH series just say STRICTLY LIMITED, wonder what that means?

Just put my order in for all 6 of the SACD’s and One-Step of VH1😁

Wow….just realized they didn’t charge me taxes on these orders….hmmm…wondering if this is a limited time offer or the Feds are giving us a tax break on SALES TAX?

Last edited:
Here is the story behind the Van Halen 1-Step Vinyls
https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/V...d-UltraDisc-One-Step-45rpm-Vinyl-2LP-Box-Set)
They are limited to 15,000 I know that’s a lot but for Van Halen 1, I bet they will sell out on pre-order

The other editions of this VH series just say STRICTLY LIMITED, wonder what that means?

Just put my order in for all 6 of the SACD’s and One-Step of VH1😁

Wow….just realized they don’t charge taxes on these orders….hmmm…wondering if this is a limited time offer or the Feds are giving us a taxbreak on SALES TAX?
Mine are taxed...

The one thing I don’t understand about some of the ONE-STEP presses is why some titles are pressed at 33 1/3 RPM and others at 45 RPM obviously the 45RPM pressings would sound better, so why not press all that way?!

The one thing I don’t understand about some of the ONE-STEP presses is why some titles are pressed at 33 1/3 RPM and others at 45 RPM obviously the 45RPM pressings would sound better, so why not press all that way?!
At 45rpm the LP time per side is shorter so some albums would need 2 LPs, so cost?

I got some great deals from Elusive disc recently and for some inexplicable reason, they never charge me sales tax which I consider an additional almost 9% OFF! And I did qualify for free Fed Ex s/h!
Hey RALPHIE….same here with my Van Halen orders from MUSICDIRECT …. NO SALES TAX…but GOS was charged ST from whoever he ordered it from.

At 45rpm the LP time per side is shorter so some albums would need 2 LPs, so cost?
Yes of course that’s a given, the 1 Lp/33 1/3 RPM versions sell for $100 so for the extra $25 it makes sense to keep them all at 45RPM

For example the APP I ROBOT is 33 1/3 on 1 Lp to me that is sacrelidgious as well as doing MILES BITCHES BREW the same way…but on 2 Lps (should be 4) because it was a double album ..I DON’T GET IT!! I also won’t be getting them either because of that😩

Last edited:
Music Direct
I don’t get it, seems to be that no matter who you do business with in this day and age, something always goes wrong, mostly because of INCOMPETENCE or LACK of TRAINING or BOTH….I work remotely for a prominent University Hospital in the Philly area and boy oh boy….I just HOPE AND PRAY that nobody has to be seen by Dr’s or go to the hospital….be healthy!!! It’s a mess out there people.

INCOMPETENCE RUNS WILD ALL OVER….these DAZE!!!😩

Back