Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Franco Battiato - The Greatest Hits (Correnti Gravitazionali), mixed by Pino Pinaxa
https://tidal.com/browse/album/215115845
OTMtNTUzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

Following the Atmos releases of La voce del padrone and L'imboscata, we are now getting a 'greatest hits' compilation in Atmos.

I know very well the artist and, in this case, some of the songs have been revised quite a lot. For example, there are different vocal takes (intentionally taken from more recent recordings). In other songs, there are different fade ins or fade outs, or slight revisionism. Regardless, I think it is worth listening to this compilation because Pino Pinaxa knows how to mix in Atmos effectively.

If we exclude the atmos mixes that were previously released, L'era del cinghiale bianco, Up Patriots to Arms, La stagione dell'amore, Voglio vederti danzare, Prospettiva Nevski, Ruby Tuesday, No time no space, La canzone dei vecchi amanti, and Shock in my Town sound great. I haven't listened to the entire compilation yet. I'm sure there will be other highlights.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Hope this is the right place to post this. I'm thinking of switching to Tidal HiFiPlus from Apple Music. AM on Mac and CarPlay is just awful. It also does not work with Roon. So I'm testing out Tidal and all was well in car and on Mac and wonderful with Roon. But then I added the Tidal App via my Apple TV (latest version) and it's pretty bad. Just finding which albums were Atmos was ridiculous. Then some songs cut off the first 2 seconds of the song. Some blast thru the speakers and some could barely hear, fussing with the remote constantly.
I searched The Rolling Stones and the album list just stops dead in the middle. Does not list all the albums. Wanted to find Tattoo You Atmos mix. Nope. So had to go to my iphone and add all the versions, since on the iphone they don't list if it's Atmos or not, go back to app on ATV and had to go thru them again till I found the Atmos one. I mean, really? And Goats Head Soup is not on Tidal in Atmos? Or Abbey Road? Only on Apple?
So I guess my question is, do most of you use AM or any Tidal users who are happy with it or can give me advice if I'm doing something wrong? Seems absurd they can't just list if something is Atmos or not everywhere. And does Apple have most of the exclusives like Beatles and Stones? Thanks so much.

Hi everyone. Hope this is the right place to post this. I'm thinking of switching to Tidal HiFiPlus from Apple Music. AM on Mac and CarPlay is just awful. It also does not work with Roon. So I'm testing out Tidal and all was well in car and on Mac and wonderful with Roon. But then I added the Tidal App via my Apple TV (latest version) and it's pretty bad. Just finding which albums were Atmos was ridiculous. Then some songs cut off the first 2 seconds of the song. Some blast thru the speakers and some could barely hear, fussing with the remote constantly.
I searched The Rolling Stones and the album list just stops dead in the middle. Does not list all the albums. Wanted to find Tattoo You Atmos mix. Nope. So had to go to my iphone and add all the versions, since on the iphone they don't list if it's Atmos or not, go back to app on ATV and had to go thru them again till I found the Atmos one. I mean, really? And Goats Head Soup is not on Tidal in Atmos? Or Abbey Road? Only on Apple?
So I guess my question is, do most of you use AM or any Tidal users who are happy with it or can give me advice if I'm doing something wrong? Seems absurd they can't just list if something is Atmos or not everywhere. And does Apple have most of the exclusives like Beatles and Stones? Thanks so much.
This is quite a handy web link for Tidal Atmos listings. Yeah Tidal can be a pain to search for Atmos. They used to have an Atmos section within the Apple TV app, but it doesn't seem to show any more. I find all of the streaming services have certain faults. Apple Music has got a decent collection but can be just as infuriating as the others... 🤪

Interesting to see that the Beatles One has turned up in Apple with an ATMOS mix. I wonder what the mono tracks sound like?
Mono, basically.

From Me To You is labeled as mono, but the Atmos mix is clearly derived from the twin track tapes.

Back