Tears for Fears Tipping Point Blu Ray audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine shows Langley HWDC since the 18th.

I finally got mine today! SDE had to call Royal Mail. Anne said it had probably gotten scanned incorrectly.
3927FF8F-01B3-4DED-B110-CDFBE413C729.jpeg

Got in touch with SDE via email today. Obviously they are still not finished with the shipping of the original Blu-ray orders. There's a small chance that some of the "glitch orders" will be fulfilled if there is remaining stock. I was offered either an immediate refund or to wait another week. I am taking my chances and will wait.
Thanks for the update! Was about to drop an e-mail myself.

From what you're saying though it sounds like Anne is less optimistic about the glitch orders than before.. 😅
Curious to see what comes out of it and how the waiting list factors in (was 'lucky' enough to score both the waitlist and glitch order). Next week, then.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! Was about to drop an e-mail myself.

From what you're saying though it sounds like Anne is less optimistic about the glitch orders than before.. 😅
Curious to see what comes out of it and how the waiting list factors in (was 'lucky' enough to score both the waitlist and glitch order). Next week, then.

She made it clear that it was a website glitch and they have oversold the item and cannot fulfill all the orders. Just some of them.

How did that work with the waiting list?

She made it clear that it was a website glitch and they have oversold the item and cannot fulfill all the orders. Just some of them.

How did that work with the waiting list?
Couple weeks ago she said she was 'hopeful' as Paul cancelled a lot of multi orders. Guessing they have a better estimate on the numbers now so they're more careful in the wording.
Also saw at least one glitch order cancelled already over at sh.tv so I wasn't in a rush to chase them again (on the other hand, they did fulfil the glitch CD orders last week).

I've no idea how many people got on the waiting list. Back in Jan, I remember seeing one poster here say he contacted SDE and asked to be put on a waiting list for the 20-30 copies that were supposed to be available later, so I did the same and got a nice reply from Anne saying she'll keep me posted if anything appears, that was it.

marpow I am interested to hear what you think of it...
Taking my first Dolby Atmos listen now from the hard disc. Really good and significantly better than the Apple Atmos streaming that I listened to before. The LFE sounds great. I have never seen a Blu Ray release that does not include stereo. Two choices here, Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD MSTR. That is pretty cool. Hopefully SDE will have a lot more to come.

I barely missed the pre-order. Upon realizing this, I immediately sent something to SDE (thru their website IIRC) asking if there was any sort of wait list - and if so, could I be put on it. Anne responded a day or two later indicating she had put me on a wait list and - at the time - she seemed optimistic there would be enough remaining stock (after voluntary and involuntary cancelations...) that I would get a copy.

Frankly I was appreciative of Anne’s optimism - and I hope it’s ultimately well founded - but I figured from the get-go it was a bit of a long shot.

I feel bad for SDE because they were trying to do the surround community a favor and should be getting a big thank you, but for the most part, it seems like it’s been a lot of complaints and monday-morning coaching.

I barely missed the pre-order. Upon realizing this, I immediately sent something to SDE (thru their website IIRC) asking if there was any sort of wait list - and if so, could I be put on it. Anne responded a day or two later indicating she had put me on a wait list and - at the time - she seemed optimistic there would be enough remaining stock (after voluntary and involuntary cancelations...) that I would get a copy.

Frankly I was appreciative of Anne’s optimism - and I hope it’s ultimately well founded - but I figured from the get-go it was a bit of a long shot.

I feel bad for SDE because they were trying to do the surround community a favor and should be getting a big thank you, but for the most part, it seems like it’s been a lot of complaints and monday-morning coaching.

Basically I would agree but the problem was also home made. The whole buzz with regards to the limitiation by Paul attracted a lot of scalpers. So probably a good portion was not sold to fans but to people who only bought it with the intention to make a profit on Ebay.

In the same boat here. My Blu-ray has been sitting in L.A. since 2/24. What's more annoying is that I also ordered SDE's exclusive RBCD of the album. It shipped on the same day. It entered the country via New York, went to my local distribution center in Massachusetts and then came to me in Connecticut. Why my Blu-ray entered the country via California is anybody's guess... :oops: Still waiting impatiently.....
Did you ever receive your blu-ray? I am in the exact same situation as you, in that I received notification that it arrived in LA on 2/24, then on 3/3 it said it was “in transit, arriving late” and not a word since. Since I am also in Connecticut, I figure yours and mine are in the same shipment. But if you received yours, I guess I should start to worry that mine is lost.

Did you ever receive your blu-ray? I am in the exact same situation as you, in that I received notification that it arrived in LA on 2/24, then on 3/3 it said it was “in transit, arriving late” and not a word since. Since I am also in Connecticut, I figure yours and mine are in the same shipment. But if you received yours, I guess I should start to worry that mine is lost.

Nope, still don't have it. Sent an email to SDE six days ago asking if I could purchase one of the extra copies, haven't gotten a response. I initiated a missing mail report with the USPS two days ago. Haven't heard from them either. 😕

Nope, still don't have it. Sent an email to SDE six days ago asking if I could purchase one of the extra copies, haven't gotten a response. I initiated a missing mail report with the USPS two days ago. Haven't heard from them either. 😕
Thanks. The USPS being what it is these days, fingers crossed it’s just a delay and not forever lost. I’ll let you know if mine turns up.

Basically I would agree but the problem was also home made. The whole buzz with regards to the limitiation by Paul attracted a lot of scalpers. So probably a good portion was not sold to fans but to people who only bought it with the intention to make a profit on Ebay.
We really have no idea what specific legal, financial or other constraints may or may not have been at play for SDE. What we do know is that a product that otherwise would not have happened at all, ended up happening - albeit in a quantity smaller than after-the-fact demand.

No offense, but from your complaints and monday morning coaching, it seems you basically don’t agree.

IT would be great if somehow the IAA guys could get this title licensed for official 5.1 download sales. Not only would it give everyone who missed out on the disc a chance to get the 5.1 mix, it would be a huge feather in the cap of IAA and maybe lead to more high profile availability for them.

If HDTracks and others don't care about surround, it's what IAA is there for!

https://www.valueyourmusic.com/most-valuable/blu-ray/last-week

Speaking of which: a review by one Jonathan Cornell . . .
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/202...ears-for-fears-5-1-surround-sound-dolby-atmos

Glad to see Mettler asked about potential 5.1/Atmos remixes of The Hurting, hope it ends up happening someday.
and from his answer, it seems like these guys have little influence as to what becomes of their material; just waiting to be approached by the label to make something happen? :unsure:

Back